Less than 12 characters gamertag

Discus and support Less than 12 characters gamertag in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey! My current gamertag (WaxenSnail53855) has 12+ characters. I don't like this gamertag so I decided to change it. It says that I cannot use more... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by WinPeps, Nov 21, 2020.

1. WinPeps
    WinPeps Guest

Hey! My current gamertag (WaxenSnail53855) has 12+ characters. I don't like this gamertag so I decided to change it. It says that I cannot use more than 12 characters, but both this gamertag and my dad's have more than 12. Is there a reason for this?

:)

WinPeps, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

The limit of 12 characters just started last year. So if those gamertags were created before the new policy was put in place, they could have more than 12 characters.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Accidentally changed my gamertag!

Yeah thats the problem with the new gamertag rules gamertags have to be less than 12 characters. There is no way to get the old gamertag back.
  4. MrParker1291985 Win User

Gamertag issue

It gives no error codes other than the yellow triangle and gamertag needs to be 12 characters or less. No I haven't yet but will try. The only special characters are periods.
  5. Alexithy Win User

Gamertag

Hello!

The new Xbox Gamertag guidelines require tags to be 12 characters or less.

Cheers!
  6. Hoodie18 Win User

Something is wrong with this update for gamertag custom. And i hate it.

The suffix is added when you choose a gamertag that is already taken. In order to have a gamertag without the suffix, you would need to choose a gamertag that no one else has.
    What about 12 characters or less? My gamertag is more than 12 characters. My gamertag is like catgir trucki. Im afraid that i won't create my xbox live account with my lovely gamertag that is the same gamertag from my old xbox live account that have been
    delete or banned.
Thema:

1. Less than 12 characters gamertag - Similar Threads - Less characters gamertag

2. Elite Series 2 Unusable in less than 6 months

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Unusable in less than 6 months: I've had my Elite Series 2 for a little under 6 months. First, the left bumper stopped working. I had paddles I could map to, so it wasn't the end of the world. Then my right stick got a little...
  3. Xbox less responsive and can't load games (0x8027025a)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox less responsive and can't load games (0x8027025a): Hi there, the performance of my Xbox One (bought on day one in 2013) has been slowly degrading for a while now and I'm not sure what to try next. It started out being unable to play larger games,...
  4. xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update: so i originally have had my xbox one set up with my girlfriends xbox one (as my home xbox) and she was sharing her live subscription with me but recently has just stopped sharing live, all the...
  5. When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps: I have good reliable internet but with my original xbox one when a downlod or update reaches 50% it becomes extremely slow. It will go from 10 minutes left to 5hours in seconds once it get half...
  6. Xbox wont turn on. New power brick died in less than a week.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont turn on. New power brick died in less than a week.: I recently had to buy a new power brick for my xbox one because the last one overheated. After waiting for a week and a half for the new one to ship it dies in less than a week. It still gets...
  7. Solitary Warfare Will Offer Less Grinding And Non-Violent Options

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Solitary Warfare Will Offer Less Grinding And Non-Violent Options: Soliary Warfare is in the works for the launch of both Xbox Series X and Xbox One (as well as PC and current systems), and it's going to introduce a new series to the Xbox Game Studios series a,...
  8. Upgrading to game pass ultimate with less than a month of live remaining

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Upgrading to game pass ultimate with less than a month of live remaining: I’m trying to get game pass ultimate now so its on a date that works for me but it wants to upgrade my remaining xbox live and i can’t cancel that it just says contact support, if i upgrade to...
  9. Why $13 to change the gamertag? It should be less!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why $13 to change the gamertag? It should be less!: I understand why it can't be free but it cost too much! I can't spend that much just to change a gamertag it would be so much better if it was like PlayStation, where if you own Xbox Live then the...
  10. Less than 25 character codes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Less than 25 character codes: I play apb reloaded and people have redeemed codes that are less than 25 characters. Is there any other way to apply codes other than through the redeem code menu?...