LG 42PG20D: HDR on LG UB980T that has UHD Deep color

Discus and support LG 42PG20D: HDR on LG UB980T that has UHD Deep color in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: HDR on LG UB980T that has UHD Deep color I got a LG-UB980T tv and it has the option for UHD Deep Color. I have seen some... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Danivas20, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Danivas20
    Danivas20 Guest

LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: HDR on LG UB980T that has UHD Deep color
    I got a LG-UB980T tv and it has the option for UHD Deep Color. I have seen some people that say HDR and Deep color is the same. I have the same question and also if my TV supports the HDR that comes with the XBOX ONE X.

thanks

:)

Danivas20, Oct 31, 2017
  2. l am BATMAN
    l am BATMAN Guest
    Xbox one S with Panasonic DX780 no HDR

I have the same issue, but with a LG 55UB8500. It has UHD Deep Color, I get 4k resolution, and 10 bit color but the Xbox One S will not allow HDR. It says here on xbox.com under the troubleshooting that UHD Deep Color is one of the many other names for HDR,
    yet it doesn't work. Could this be a firmware issue on the xbox?

l am BATMAN, Oct 31, 2017
  3. l am BATMAN
    l am BATMAN Guest
    Xbox One S Hook up to 4K LG TV issues

The problem I'm having is my xbox one S is not recognizing HDR on my TV. 10 bit color shows up, along with 4K resolution at 2160p, but no HDR for movies or games. It says here on xbox.com that different names for HDR are HDR Premium, High Dynamic Range,
    HDR, UHD Color, Ultra HD Premium, Ultra HD deep color. My LG has UHD Deep Color, so why the heck doesn't it work? any one have any idea?

l am BATMAN, Oct 31, 2017
  4. l am BATMAN Win User

I have the same issue, but with a LG 55UB8500. It has UHD Deep Color, I get 4k resolution, and 10 bit color but the Xbox One S will not allow HDR. It says here on xbox.com under the troubleshooting that UHD Deep Color is one of the many other names for HDR,
    yet it doesn't work. Could this be a firmware issue on the xbox?
  5. Xx TwoFace 007 Win User

4k TV, Buy Now or Wait for Scorpio

I'm going to buy a lg 55 its has hdr 10 and deep color mode
  6. l am BATMAN Win User

For me, it's not a "UHD" problem. I get Ultra HD resolution (4k), as well as 10 bit color, but I cannot get the xbox to recognize HDR for gaming or movies. Maybe my TV (LG 55UH8500) doesn't have HDR, but I would think with 10 bit color, and the UHD Deep
    Color setting (on my hdmi 3 input only) that it would work on that input.
  7. l am BATMAN Win User

GOOD NEWS 4 Vizio 4k hdr+Xbox 1S owners!

I have the same issue that Prezdead mentions above. My LG has UHD deep color, and I get 4K resolution but it still doesn't work with HDR. I find it funny when it's listed here on xbox.com that one of the many names for HDR is UHD Deep Color. It's also weird,
    because if what I had plugged into the hdmi port on my tv didn't support deep color, it would give me a message. I don't get a message, but it won't allow HDR. So it's like it works with the Xbox One S... but it doesn't. A little frustrating to say the least.
  8. EduardoHenrique de L Win User

LG HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color issue (Screen flickering)

I chatted with an LG attendant. I have a 60 inch LG 60UF7700 model with this Ultra HD Deep Color function. The attendant told me that Ultra HD Deep Color is not the same thing as HDR, they are different functions and the problem of my Xbox One S is not enabling
    the HDR is because my TV does not have HDR support. I was frustrated.
Thema:

1. LG 42PG20D: HDR on LG UB980T that has UHD Deep color - Similar Threads - 42PG20D HDR UB980T

2. 42PG20D: Xbox One X Problem with Hdr on LG E9

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Xbox One X Problem with Hdr on LG E9: 42PG20D: Xbox One X Problem with Hdr on LG E9 Yes everything checked green for example hdr, dolby vision, 4k and so on 9c2055a7-6884-4c84-8779-5b8989d6e0b3
  3. 42PG20D: Dolby vision BR player don't work

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Dolby vision BR player don't work: 42PG20D: Dolby vision BR player don't work Hi guys! Thanks for replying. I've read somewhere that dolby vision was supported on streaming app at the beginning but Microsoft as proposed Dolby...
  4. 42PG20D: xbox won't connect to tv invalid format

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: xbox won't connect to tv invalid format: 42PG20D: xbox won't connect to tv invalid format Hi there Jadekira86, Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox Video resolution. I recommend...
  5. 42PG20D: Live tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Live tv: 42PG20D: Live tv I have set up my TV for topic and satellite channels. I only want to see on my Xbox from live TV. Sorry for my English and thank a lot for your help....
  6. 42PG20D: XBOX ONE X +LG: does not recognize HDR

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: XBOX ONE X +LG: does not recognize HDR: 42PG20D: XBOX ONE X +LG: does not recognize HDR You need to check some LG models only do HDR and 4k in a separate HDMI and you must have 4k cables c2d6f839-56c1-41c0-adcc-d0fe5081ceb9
  7. 42PG20D: Does the Xbox One X support 21:9?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Does the Xbox One X support 21:9?: 42PG20D: Does the Xbox One X support 21:9? No consoles support 21:9. I would venture to guess you won't see this from Sony & Microsoft until the next gen of consoles....
  8. 42PG20D: Xbox not coming up on my tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Xbox not coming up on my tv: 42PG20D: Xbox not coming up on my tv For a possible solution check this support page: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected...
  9. 42PG20D: LG 55UK6090PUA No Signal Message From Xbox

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: LG 55UK6090PUA No Signal Message From Xbox: 42PG20D: LG 55UK6090PUA No Signal Message From Xbox Hello PhantomNebula! Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue however as we are already attending to this issue in the previously...
  10. LG 42PG20D: HDR Wont Work

in XBoX TV Hardware
    LG 42PG20D: HDR Wont Work: LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: HDR Wont Work Try changing the HDMI port on the TV Actually, maybe try changing your HDMI cable. With 4k, you need to have an ultra high speed cable. Had a similar...