LG C9 OLED Dolby Vision gaming XBOX colors washed out

Discus and support LG C9 OLED Dolby Vision gaming XBOX colors washed out in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I enable Dolby Vision the default setting of the LG C9 for Dolby gaming has the color value at 55. Compared to the HDR setting at this color value... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/descanlon, Sep 27, 2021.

1. /u/descanlon
    /u/descanlon Guest

When I enable Dolby Vision the default setting of the LG C9 for Dolby gaming has the color value at 55. Compared to the HDR setting at this color value the picture is horrible. It is completely washed out/smoke/haze over the entire picture. The only thing that make it look better is switching the color value from 55 to anywhere between 90-100 which I cannot imagine is correct. Has anyone else been having this issue and know of the correct fix? I did see in the release notes this might be a known issue.

submitted by /u/descanlon
    [link] [comments]

/u/descanlon, Sep 27, 2021
  2. CrunkMunk Win User

What do you play on?

I recently started playing on a 55 "LG 4K OLED Tv (B9) and it is currently the best TV to play on. The newer LG C9 model is also highly recommended. Low latency, good and natural colors, future-proof standards such as eARC, HDMI 2.2 and Dolby Vision
    are also supported!
  3. dxCloud Win User

DOLBY VISION 4K BLU-RAY

Yes, please bring Dolby Vision support to the Xbox 4k Blu-ray player! I have a vast collection of 4k Blu-Rays and a tv that supports Dolby Vision (LG C9).
  4. General Cintron Win User

DOLBY VISION 4K BLU-RAY

Samsung makes a great TV but no support for Dolby Vision. Made it easy to buy an LG C7 OLED Dolby Vision 55"
  5. albain Win User

Xbox Oe X Scorpio HDR Washed Out

Hi,

same here : Xbox One S + LG OLED B7 TV

This is weird because a few days ago colors were OK (not washed out) with bluray 4K HDR.

I wonder if the problem comes from last LG firmware or Xbox fall update.

I think this is LG's fault as the update is more recent (they added dolby atmos decoding to the tv and maybe this bug)
  6. HyperVenom523 Win User

4K HDR help

Dolby vision is not 4k it is a software enhancement for the HDR aspect so not having it is not a major issue, but if you like to have all the green checks you need to look for high end tv's that support Dolby Vision like LG Oleds and Vizio Oleds
Thema:

1. LG C9 OLED Dolby Vision gaming XBOX colors washed out - Similar Threads - OLED Dolby Vision

2. LG Oled and Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    LG Oled and Series S: Hi Just bought a new TV and when I set the series s to 120hz 4k visuals and launch a game my TV will show no signal if I turn the xbox off and back on it comes back but soon as I try to launch a...
  3. Dolby vision 120 Hz Firmware update for "NON OLED" tvs

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby vision 120 Hz Firmware update for "NON OLED" tvs: u/XIPBot or anyone on the higher up/ or who knows any info, please read this. 2 weeks ago I talked with basically ALL tv manufacturers and also (LG support**) which** the NANOCELL85 tv i own, and...
  4. Dolby vision not enabling - Delta ring Series X LG CX OLED

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby vision not enabling - Delta ring Series X LG CX OLED: Hi there - I’m in Delta ring with an Xbox Series X and am finding Dolby Vision isn’t switching on at all (based on the TV pop up icons in the top right corner when I launch a game - it keeps just...
  5. Does LG C7/C8(2017/2018 OLEDs) support Dolby Vision HDR for Gaming at 60 Hz? Remember, they...

in XboX Insiders
    Does LG C7/C8(2017/2018 OLEDs) support Dolby Vision HDR for Gaming at 60 Hz? Remember, they...: Title says it all basically. I am talking about Dolby Vision HDR at 60 Hz here. Not 120 Hz. I know HDMI 2.0 can't do 4K at 120 Hz. But C7 and C8 do support Dolby Vision HDR and can play games at...
  6. DOLBY VISION TV LG OLED 2016

in XBoX on Consoles
    DOLBY VISION TV LG OLED 2016: it is known if xbox one will release a patch for the LG 2016 tv that have dolby vision, or are working with Dolby so that there are more compatible TVs. c48c807c-3b08-4bf1-99f0-d67a0a111a7b
  7. Dolby Atmos and LG OLED 55C7V

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and LG OLED 55C7V: Bad audio issue: Tv LG OLED 55 c7v, Xbox One X getting error 0x80bd0009 while trying to select dolby atmos for tv or headphones. All other audio-video options are perfeclty working (for example...
  8. Dolby Atmos not working on LG Oled B7C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos not working on LG Oled B7C: My Xbox one X states that my LG Oled 65 B7C is not compatible with Dolby Atmos. Tv is correctly setup to revive Atmos so why does my console not support the LG? 870504db-fbda-4739-a2a4-f905a05626b5
  9. XBOX ONE S OUTPUTTING DOLBY ATMOS ON LG SJ 9 AND LG OLED E6**CONFIRMED***

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S OUTPUTTING DOLBY ATMOS ON LG SJ 9 AND LG OLED E6**CONFIRMED***: For those out there like myself who were/are having this issue, I can confirm XBOX ONE S can output Dolby Atmos. There are a few things to note, first the setup. XBOX ONE S > LG SJ 9 via (HDMI...
  10. HDR + Dolby Atmos, LG 2017 OLED TV, Yamaha RX-A860

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR + Dolby Atmos, LG 2017 OLED TV, Yamaha RX-A860: Last week, I finally took the plunge into 4K, and I'm very pleased overall. I purchased a new XBOX ONE S back in December in preparation for this transition. My intention was to use the XBOX as...