Lg Oled (C1) and Xbox Series X/S Volume control via Hdmi Cec

Discus and support Lg Oled (C1) and Xbox Series X/S Volume control via Hdmi Cec in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, Iam curious if anyone has ever been successful in controlling the audio volume on a Lg Oled via Hdmi Cec(or Simplink how lg calls it) on the Series... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/derpboye, Sep 23, 2022 at 5:02 PM.

1. /u/derpboye
    /u/derpboye Guest

Hi, Iam curious if anyone has ever been successful in controlling the audio volume on a Lg Oled via Hdmi Cec(or Simplink how lg calls it) on the Series consoles for instance via the share button or the menu. Thanks

submitted by /u/derpboye
    [link] [comments]

2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi TexasMaster9351! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

HDMI-CEC is supported only on Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. You must also enable HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Xbox Series X|S consoles can use an HDMI feature called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) to send commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.
  3. OnlyUltraMan Win User

Dolby Vision gaming Xbox series X

Anche io ho lo stesso problema e ho un tv oled lg c1. È un problema che ho avuto dopo l ultimo aggiornamento di sistema d series x.
  4. MLavin Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

I have the same problem. XSX connected via HDMI 2.1 cable to LG C1 OLED connected via eARC to LG SP8YA (same type of cable). Super annoying delay. Makes any game with dialogue almost unplayable. All the native TV apps work fine with no delay. Other game systems not made by Microsoft work fine. This is an xbox issue. Please acknowledge and fix.
  5. Ripcord157 Win User

Every video I record on Series X has asynchronous audio

I have exactly the same Problem with the asynchronous audio. I'm playing in 4k on a LG OLED C1 55 inch and current Firmware. If I manually set HDMI as the input, I can only set 1080p with up to 120hz and 1440p with 60hz. 4k is no longer supported by my TV, the Xbox says. I don't think that the Sound is synchronous via the audio Connection on the Controller as a Solution to the actual Problem.
  6. XBF John Win User

Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Issues

Hello,

I found this support page with some troubleshooting for the HMDI CEC: How do I control other devices using HDMI-CEC? | Xbox Support

I also found a thread where the last poster may have found a resolution to this issue: Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working - Microsoft Community, stating:

For anyone looking for the resolution, you have to use hdmi cables, even to your soundbar or sound system now

Previously I had my xbox series x I had an optical cable from tv to bose soundbar 700 and the older xbox would control it and raise and lower the volume, I had to swap that cable out for HDMI instead...

With more details I would check that out to see if it helps.

Also, it would help if you submitted a Report a Problem so we can take a look at what's going on with your xbox when this issue happens. You can find the guidance here. It also seems like some have found the builds in Xbox Insider have the update that may help with this issue in the test builds and updates.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Thank you,

Thema:

1. Lg Oled (C1) and Xbox Series X/S Volume control via Hdmi Cec - Similar Threads - Oled Series Volume

2. HDMI handshake issues on Series X and LG C1 OLED

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI handshake issues on Series X and LG C1 OLED: I'm posting this in low hopes for any kind of solution, but I'm hopeful. I sometimes (perhaps 20%) get handshake issue when I turn on my LG C1 and Xbox Series X. Today when doing this I got 480p...
  3. Xbox Series X Video Issues with LG OLED TVs

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Video Issues with LG OLED TVs: I am having various video related issues with my Xbox Series X in combination with my LG C1 TV. After researching my issues, it is apparent that my issues are shared with many other Xbox Series X...
  4. Slight sound delay when playing Series X on LG OLED 48C1 TV

in XboX Insiders
    Slight sound delay when playing Series X on LG OLED 48C1 TV: Just got my new Xbox setup finished and I've played my games and noticed a pretty bad sound delay. I have turned off Dolby Atmos and the game optimizer's AI automatic suround sound feature and...
  5. Oled cx update to dv120 not showing on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Oled cx update to dv120 not showing on xbox series x: I just got an update for my oled cx and it finally supports dv120. But when I check in tv settings on my xbox in alpha skip ahead, it doesn't show me that the tv is capable of the dolby vision...
  6. Xbox Series X and LG CX OLED - Black screen on 4K UHD Blu-rays after a short period

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X and LG CX OLED - Black screen on 4K UHD Blu-rays after a short period: I have had this issue since the Series X launched on November 10th 2020 and I'm going to include videos of it in action. During playback of certain UHD blu-rays, for example Star Wars: New Hope,...
  7. LG Oled and Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    LG Oled and Series S: Hi Just bought a new TV and when I set the series s to 120hz 4k visuals and launch a game my TV will show no signal if I turn the xbox off and back on it comes back but soon as I try to launch a...
  8. Xbox series X and TV LG Oled C1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X and TV LG Oled C1: I have Xbox series X and bought TV LG Oled C1. Games looking amazing, but I have problems when using streaming apps, like Netflix, YouTube and Disney+. Image don't go smoothly, have to much blur...
  9. Dolby vision not enabling - Delta ring Series X LG CX OLED

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby vision not enabling - Delta ring Series X LG CX OLED: Hi there - I’m in Delta ring with an Xbox Series X and am finding Dolby Vision isn’t switching on at all (based on the TV pop up icons in the top right corner when I launch a game - it keeps just...
  10. 4K UHD Black screen on series x with LG oled 55 CX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K UHD Black screen on series x with LG oled 55 CX: The disc will play perfectly for 10-20 minutes and then goes to Black screen but the audio still plays. I have tried various suggestions disabling 24hz and vrr but nothing resolves it. Does anyone...