Licence

Discus and support Licence in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me. After spending hours trawling the Internet I have now come unstuck. I am looking to open... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ghetto Bakez, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Ghetto Bakez
    Ghetto Bakez Guest

Licence

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

After spending hours trawling the Internet I have now come unstuck.

I am looking to open up a games lounge, sort of like an Internet cafe except with a whole load of xboxs.

Whilst trying to find out what kind licence I would need to "use a game for commercial purposes" as per the EULA, all I keep being told is that I would have to contact publishers directly for their express written consent. I'm sure there must be
    some sort of licence that I can get, possibly from the local council, like the playing of music one.

Or would I have to purchase rental copies of games even though I wouldn't actually be renting them?

I've tried getting in contact with other establishments around the country try but they're not very forthcoming with their advice!

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Ghetto Bakez, Nov 17, 2014
  2. epicmerker1
    epicmerker1 Guest
    Free Madden 15 for Destiny License Transfer! Xbox One!

licence transfer? is digital getting trading abilities I was unaware of?

epicmerker1, Nov 17, 2014
  3. Dlow128
    Dlow128 Guest
    Transfer data question.

Hi, to transfer content licences associated with your console you must sign in to the console with the profile used to purchase the content. Once signed in go to Settings > account > billing options and select licence transfer following the on screen instructions to transfer the licences to the new console so other profiles can use the content. Content can not be transfered across profiles only across consoles - hope this helps

Dlow128, Nov 17, 2014
  4. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest

Licence

I would continue to try and find other businesses who have this same model and inquire as to how they handle the licenses.

Eggnogga, Nov 17, 2014
  5. BeastBadshah Win User

Transferring a game i just bought from one account to another.

When you purchase content, you receive a licence to use that content. The licence has two parts: the system licence and the local licence. The system licence applies to the gamertag that purchases the content, and the local licence applies to the console
    where you first downloaded the content.

Transfer content licences

You can transfer content licences from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the licence transfer option on your console to transfer content licences. Here’s how:

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
    2. Go to the Settings and then select Account.
    3. Go to Your Billing Options, and then select Licence Transfer.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licences.
    After the licences have been transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licences. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox Live.
  6. FeTTT Win User

Great Five-Games Xbox 360 Bundle Only In Canada.

I deal with microsoft licences and its a real nightmare.(servers,rdp licences,office licences...) Thank you for this answer, its really appreciated.
  7. T1C3 SODMG Win User

Can't play games.

Maybe it exist!

This was droma fellow Ambasador:

BeastBadshah

• Xbox Ambassador

When you purchase content, you receive a licence to use that content. The licence has two parts: the system licence and the local licence. The system licence applies to the gamertag that purchases the content, and the local licence applies to the console
    where you first downloaded the content.

Transfer content licences

You can transfer content licences from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the licence transfer option on your console to transfer content licences. Here’s how:

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
    2. Go to the Settings and then select Account.
    3. Go to Your Billing Options, and then select Licence Transfer.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licences.
    After the licences have been transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licences. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox Live.
  8. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

DRM license transfer

Hello There,

nvrclr When you purchase content, you receive a licence to use that content. The licence has two parts: the system licence and the local licence. The system licence applies to the gamertag that purchases the content, and the local
    licence applies to the console where you first downloaded the content.

For More Information On The Xbox 360 Digital Rights Management
    Click Here
  9. Malacath Win User

Licences.....

You can have your stuff on both consoles but the licenses can only be for one console at a time.

You content will work on the licensed console with any gamertag online or offline.

On the other console you will have to be signed in and connected to live for the content to work.
Thema:

Licence

1. Licence - Similar Threads - Licence

2. Account merging or licence transfer

in XBoX on Windows
    Account merging or licence transfer: A while back (2 years or so) I got myself a copy of Sea of Thieves. Excited to play, I tried to log in to my Xbox live account, to find I had been locked out because of an attempted hack or...
  3. Licence Transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Licence Transfer: I was going to transfer the licence of Forza Horizon 4 from one account to another. I searched the method to do this, and got outdated information. It said that I had to go to Billing Options in...
  4. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition "No Applicable Licence?"

in XBoX on Windows
    Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition "No Applicable Licence?": [img] I have downloaded and installed Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition via Game Pass for PC and I get the above error when I try to run it. As you can see below I'm logged in with my...
  5. Obscure question about software licencing or modding or something in the enforcement case...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Obscure question about software licencing or modding or something in the enforcement case...: So I'm trying to get a case review going for a week long communication restriction i got hit with the other day and i keep messing up the questionnaire when it gets to some rules about modding...
  6. Trial licence overriding disc licence

in XBoX on Mobile
    Trial licence overriding disc licence: I downloaded the trial for Battlefield V and it worked fine. A few days later I buy a disc for the Battlefield V and it still says that its a trial and i need to buy the full game. Are there any...
  7. [Alpha ring] Missing licences in My games and apps

in XboX Insiders
    [Alpha ring] Missing licences in My games and apps: The number of games that are listed in My games and app keeps varying every time I start up my Xbox. Most of the time they change after an update. I have to do a hard reset (clear cache) before...
  8. Game pass download licence key

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass download licence key: Hi wonder if any body can help. In November i downloaded the division while it was on with the game pass played away got right into it. End of January just after bought dlc it was removed...
  9. LICENCE TRANSFER

in XBoX Games and Apps
    LICENCE TRANSFER: I would like transfer games I have in my account to another one, all games I getted by 25 dig code, is that possible? What I need to do? 6dfddcf8-467c-4f23-836b-62363d486c0d
  10. Licence

in XBoX Accessibility
    Licence: Can you transfer a old xbox one account licence to another account? 95ddbbfb-df96-43cb-b95a-40e321200a72