Lightning Struck House..

Discus and support Lightning Struck House.. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, the other day, lightning either struck my house or very close by. It completely fried my TV and our living rooms TV, my xbox, and we thought our... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IronnBruhh, May 14, 2019.

1. IronnBruhh
    IronnBruhh Guest

Lightning Struck House..

Hi, the other day, lightning either struck my house or very close by. It completely fried my TV and our living rooms TV, my xbox, and we thought our DirecTV boxes. I did some research and read that replacing the internal power brick will fix my issue. I
    read many reviews on these things and everyone had the same issue as me with lightning. So, I bought it and its supposed to arrive Thursday.

Well, we had the DirecTV people come out to fix our boxes but they said they were fine.... well, he didnt tell us the HDMI port on the box in our living room wasn’t working. It’s the only DirecTV box thats not working through the HDMI port because we have
    2 other boxes. Were having to use Audio/Video plugs to watch tv in our living room. This got me thinking though.. Could my Xbox HDMI port be fried? My Xbox wont light up or anything. Does the internal power brick prevent other things from being fried?

:)

IronnBruhh, May 14, 2019
  2. SammieChaos Win User

Lightning Struck House..

You could buy a new power cord and see if the Xbox will turn on and work. If replacing the power cord doesn’t work you may want to try what other have suggested about claiming it on insurance.
  3. IronnBruhh Win User

Lightning Struck House..

I’ve unplugged and plugged multiple times and it doesn’t turn on.
  4. GreyStormGaming Win User

Lightning Struck House..

I hope you'll be able to fix your console, and I suggest you install transient voltage surge suppressors.
  5. thedtb Win User

Lightning Struck House..

Yes, lightning could damage some of internal circuits that's responsible for hdmi
  6. Hoagy76 Win User

Lightning Struck House..

I would recommend claiming it on your insurance also.

Also as stated a lighting strike follows the path of the least resistance.

That means any connection on the back of the unit.

e.g. the TV could have taken out the Xbox via the HDMI port

From my pas experience of working in the computer industry for VERY long time, you do not know what is going to fail next. A Power brick now, then a capacitor later, which cannot fix.

If you get Insurance to replace it, ask them if you can keep the broken one, fix it and use it as a second one.

Sometimes Ins. companies let you keep your broken stuff.
Thema:

Lightning Struck House..

1. Lightning Struck House.. - Similar Threads - Lightning Struck House

2. Final Fantasy Lightning Return default Japanese on Xbox One X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Final Fantasy Lightning Return default Japanese on Xbox One X?: I bought a Xbox One X, and I want to use it to play Final Fantasy Lightning Return with the enhanced graphics. The games is the digital version. All my XB360, XB1, XB1 X set to Traditional...
  3. Xbox lightning surge

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox lightning surge: Lightning surge hit our house and now my Xbox doesn't work. I've tried several electrical outputs an I think my Xbox is fried. I live in Hong Kong, can anyone recommend to me if there is a place...
  4. Xbox one affected by lightning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one affected by lightning: recently my house was hit by lightning and it ruined a lot of electronics in my house. So my Xbox seems to work fine except for the hdmi. When I plug my Xbox into the wall, I’m able to press the...
  5. We need backward compatibility for Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns & Silent Hill HD ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We need backward compatibility for Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns & Silent Hill HD ...: Hope is the last thing that dies, so i have much from this. That you will entre this good old classics in the list Silent Hill HD Collection had one of the best Journeys of this genre and for me...
  6. We need backward compatibility for Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns & Silent Hill HD ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We need backward compatibility for Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns & Silent Hill HD ...: Hope is the last thing that dies, so i have much from this. That you will entre this good old classics in the list Silent Hill HD Collection had one of the best Journeys of this genre and for me...
  7. Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom simply does not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom simply does not start: Dear, the game Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom simply does not start. I tried to reinstall the game, restart Xbox One and it did not work. So I turned the console off and turned it on again and the...
  8. Xbox one power brick not showing any lights after lightning storm

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power brick not showing any lights after lightning storm: We experienced a heavy lightning storm in my area last night, and a couple lightning strikes occurred nearby. all the electronics in the house seem to have survived except for the Xbox and DSTV...
  9. "Moving Blue lightning Pixels" when at home or other games/apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Moving Blue lightning Pixels" when at home or other games/apps: So, walked away from the console for like 10-15mins, with YouTube playing a video come back it was like Blue lightning was on the screen like pixels lightning. But after restarting the console...
  10. Xbox 360 no lan/wifi connection after lightning strike local internet mast

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 no lan/wifi connection after lightning strike local internet mast: Hallo, I don't speak english well so don't judge me. My xbox 360 slim was connected with the router via lan-cable, after the lightning strikes every equipment which was connected via lan is...