Limit game time

Discus and support Limit game time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a Xbox for my son and created a single account for us to share. I now want to set time limits for his game play but can't do so as those... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Voxhall, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Voxhall
    Voxhall Guest

Limit game time

I bought a Xbox for my son and created a single account for us to share. I now want to set time limits for his game play but can't do so as those limits only apply to child accounts. I don't want to open a child account for him now as he would have to
    start his games over and lose all progress.

I've seen numerous articles dating from two years ago about this, all stating it is not possible to transfer games status to a new account or set time limits on an adult account.

I wonder if MS has since enable these capabilities or someone figured out how to work around this. There's certainly enough demand to expect it to have happened.

:)

Voxhall, Aug 15, 2019
  2. At the Nozzle Win User

Limit gaming time

Hey VaguerPompano39,

There are a number of safety settings to ensure your child has a safe online gaming experience.

You can find out about the core Xbox family safety features here: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/security/core-family-safety-features

You can limit Purchase choices, Web Filtering, Acces to content, and more.

Here is another article based on what you would need: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028244/microsoft-account-set-up-screen-time-limits-for-you...

Best,

Nozzle :)
  3. ElenaTheBloody Win User

Limit game time

You can go into settings and put any restrictions you like. I am pretty positive that there is even a children's setting. Hope this helps.
  4. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

Limit gaming time

5. Smwutches Win User

Limit gaming time

6. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Limit game time

Unfortunately so far this is not allowed, account limiting is possible, now throwing progress from one account to another is impossible.

https://account.microsoft.com/family
Thema:

Limit game time

1. Limit game time - Similar Threads - Limit game

2. XBox One X Cyberpunk Limited Edition.......Release des Games verschoben [XBox One X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X Cyberpunk Limited Edition.......Release des Games verschoben [XBox One X...: Hallo, mich würde gerne mal wissen was Microsoft zum verschieben des Spiels sagt. Es wird nun auf den 19.11.2020 verschoben, was wohl zeitgleich mit dem Release der XBox Series X ist. Ich als...
  3. Fortnite game time limit not working for child

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite game time limit not working for child: Hi I have set up fortnite to be used between hrs of 11 am to 8 pm with a 2 hr time limit on weekends for my son. However my son was logged on using his account playing fortnite at 9 am this...
  4. Microsoft family time limit across all games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft family time limit across all games.: I'm trying to set up a brand new family and I have a question about screen time limits. I see that you can set it up so that your children can use the X-Box only during a certain period of time of...
  5. reaching the limit to speant mony, can i still buying games even whit that error?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    reaching the limit to speant mony, can i still buying games even whit that error?: today an error apear in my store ¨put in contact whit microsoft support¨ they are solving my problem but i am wondering if this will still happen in future d8b29c30-283b-441c-a641-68b9c85332fe
  6. Screen Time & Game Limits - getting reset every week

in XBoX on Windows
    Screen Time & Game Limits - getting reset every week: Every week, I get the an email from Microsoft that goes something like: Hi Xxxxx,Here are last week's highlights.To see Xxxx's full report, go to account.microsoft.com/family. When I access the...
  7. Only limited digital Installed games are showing on Xbox one Game Sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Only limited digital Installed games are showing on Xbox one Game Sharing: Hi, I have shared my account with my friend by game sharing facility, but when i am logged in on his console and set his console as my home xbox, only limited games are appearing on his console...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Limited Functionality

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Limited Functionality: [img] This seems to be all that comes up with my Xbox Game Bar. No main dock, social tabs etc. I can't see group chats to accept them or pretty much anything outside of recording and...
  9. [Translation-App and gaming time limit line]خطا تحديد وقت التطبيقات والألعاب

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Translation-App and gaming time limit line]خطا تحديد وقت التطبيقات والألعاب: مرحبا ظهر رسالة الخطا هذه عند تحديد وقت لي التطبيقات والألعاب "حدث خطأ. يُرجى المحاولة مرة أخرى بعد فترة قصيرة." هذا الخطا يظهر عندما تكون لغة العرض للحساب هي "العربية (المملكة العربية...
  10. Internal storage limit for game captures?

in XboX Insiders
    Internal storage limit for game captures?: Have noticed my recorded clips that I save to my internal drive are no longer there. Only my clips from the past month is but everything before hand is gone. Is there a limit to how many...