Limit game time

Discus and support Limit game time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a Xbox for my son and created a single account for us to share. I now want to set time limits for his game play but can't do so as those... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Voxhall, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Voxhall
    Voxhall Guest

Limit game time

I bought a Xbox for my son and created a single account for us to share. I now want to set time limits for his game play but can't do so as those limits only apply to child accounts. I don't want to open a child account for him now as he would have to
    start his games over and lose all progress.

I've seen numerous articles dating from two years ago about this, all stating it is not possible to transfer games status to a new account or set time limits on an adult account.

I wonder if MS has since enable these capabilities or someone figured out how to work around this. There's certainly enough demand to expect it to have happened.

:)

Voxhall, Aug 15, 2019
  2. At the Nozzle Win User

Limit gaming time

Hey VaguerPompano39,

There are a number of safety settings to ensure your child has a safe online gaming experience.

You can find out about the core Xbox family safety features here: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/security/core-family-safety-features

You can limit Purchase choices, Web Filtering, Acces to content, and more.

Here is another article based on what you would need: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028244/microsoft-account-set-up-screen-time-limits-for-you...

Best,

Nozzle :)
  3. ElenaTheBloody Win User

Limit game time

You can go into settings and put any restrictions you like. I am pretty positive that there is even a children's setting. Hope this helps.
  4. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Limit game time

Unfortunately so far this is not allowed, account limiting is possible, now throwing progress from one account to another is impossible.

https://account.microsoft.com/family
  5. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

Limit gaming time

6. Smwutches Win User

Limit gaming time

Thema:

Limit game time

1. Limit game time - Similar Threads - Limit game

2. Game time limits page missing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game time limits page missing?: I was setting up time limits for one of my kid a few days ago and was taken to a screen that allowed me to select specific games on the XBOX and set time limits per game. He is asking for more...
  3. Time Limits on Specific XBox Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Time Limits on Specific XBox Games: I was setting up time limits for one of my children yesterday and was taken to a screen that allowed me to select specific games on the XBOX and set time limits per game. He is asking for more...
  4. Xbox & Game Developers need to stop limiting Games that CAN run at 60FPS on the xbox one X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox & Game Developers need to stop limiting Games that CAN run at 60FPS on the xbox one X: Xbox & Game Developers really need to stop limiting FPS game Titles at 30fps that CAN run 60FPS on the Xbox One X. Just because some players are still on the previous version of Xbox one....
  5. Xbox Live Gold Subscription 36 Month Limit to Sign Up For Xbox Ultimate Game Pass Promotion

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold Subscription 36 Month Limit to Sign Up For Xbox Ultimate Game Pass Promotion: Hello, I'm trying to extend my Xbox LIve Gold subscription to the full 36 months which is at July of 2021 right now and I'm trying to extend it to July 2022. When I put the key in with a 12...
  6. 윈도우 스토처 게임 연령제한 문제 [Translation-Windows Storcher game Age limit issues]

in XBoX on Windows
    윈도우 스토처 게임 연령제한 문제 [Translation-Windows Storcher game Age limit issues]: [img] 성인인데 자꾸 연 한 경 가 서 게임을 수가없네요 xbox 연 인증 아이피인증은 되지도않 해결좀 부탁드립니다 [Translation-I'm an adult and I'm not able to play games with age-restricted alerts. Xbox Age certification without being...
  7. Xbox Game Streaming Limitations

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Streaming Limitations: Hello, I currently only own a 720p tv, however I own a 1080p laptop. I routinely game stream to my laptop using the Xbox App since my laptop is 1080p. However, after digging around, I have...
  8. Child screening time limit not working for some games.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child screening time limit not working for some games.: I already set screening time for my kids account on xbox one settings. While this time limit working for most games, it does not works for some games (some game selections in fifa 17) and dome...
  9. Can we raise the character limit for game/app customer reviews to 2,000?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we raise the character limit for game/app customer reviews to 2,000?: Hello. I have a minor suggestion. First of all, you know how each game and application has a review section for customers who purchased or downloaded the concerned products, right? (You know, the...
  10. Limited access to the download and use of games and apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Limited access to the download and use of games and apps: I can't download anything from the Microsoft Store since 2 months. I've tried hard resetting my Xbox One, my wifi and changing profiles, nothing has worked. e940bbbb-070a-4bd2-8024-3224ee7dc6f1