linked accounts not working for twitch

Discus and support linked accounts not working for twitch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to link twitch to my profile (hence the title), and when I enter my details, it loads permanently. literally every other linked account had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by and that's a fact, Aug 15, 2021.

1. linked accounts not working for twitch

I'm trying to link twitch to my profile (hence the title), and when I enter my details, it loads permanently. literally every other linked account had no problem.

:)

and that's a fact, Aug 15, 2021
  2. ZeoliteXIII
    ZeoliteXIII New Member
    I created an account just to say that its incredibly frustrating and disappointing to see not 1 but 2 boiler plate responses that do not even address the OP's issue. The issue is not that you can not log into the twitch app; the issue is that if you go to settings>linked social media accounts and attempt to follow that prompt to "link" twitch to add the symbol to your profile the process times out and does not resolve. By my watch has been happening for at least 48 hours now. Completely unrelated to logging into the twitch app... incredibly frustrating to get a boiler plate response to an unrelated issue because people cant read...

ZeoliteXIII, Sep 1, 2021
  3. ClausReich Win User

Hello there! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

If you are trying to use the Twitch app on your Xbox console, make sure to follow these steps:

Go to the store on your Xbox and install the Twitch app.

Open the Twitch app on your Xbox.

Select Log In.

Visit www.twitch.tv/activate on your PC or mobile device and enter the 6-digit code shown on your Xbox app to link your Twitch account to your Xbox Live gamertag.
  4. SnD Big AK Win User

TWITCH - Unable to log in to a different account on xbox one

Just go to twitch activate and link your xbox one twitch account from your phone and it will add your twitch account on to your xbox one twitch app. I've just done it myself. It will ask you for the code from your twitch account from your xbox then pop it
    in and it will link which account you wish it to.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Twitch xbox360

Hi there!

On the Twitch app have you signed into your Twitch account and linked the account with your Xbox? Generally it will refer you to go to a website and provide a code for you to input on the Xbox.

What screen follows if you select "go to Twitch home"? That's maybe where you link your account or re-link it if it already is.

Have you contacted Twitch support and checked what they see regarding your Xbox account?
  6. TheGiantSwid Win User

TWITCH APP NOT WORKING RIGHT ON XBOX 360

This 100% worked for me on 360... if you go into the twitch app and scroll over to settings it will ask to link your twitch account through twitch.tv/activate.. as soon as i did that it worked right away... i have not been able to watch twitch in 2 months
    on my 360 so this should be a huge help to the community!!!
  7. NathanielLarson Win User

Question(:

If you link your YouTube account with your twitch account you can tell twitch to upload past live broadcasts to YouTube.
Thema:

1. linked accounts not working for twitch - Similar Threads - linked accounts working

2. Xbox not linked to my Account even though I signed in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox not linked to my Account even though I signed in: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and it came yesterday. I set it up, logged in with my Microsoft Account, and bought a key for Assassin's Creed Unity and Halo: The Master Chief Collection....
  3. Ea account linking is actually the worst

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ea account linking is actually the worst: Listen here folks here is what it is. Did you make an EA account and link it to your microsoft account 8 years ago? Did you also lose the email to that account? If yes, have fun not playing an EA...
  4. Blank sign in screen when linking XBOX Live account (Sea of Thieves)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blank sign in screen when linking XBOX Live account (Sea of Thieves): Today i installed sea of thieves once again, since my friend got it recently and wanted to play it with me. Everything was alright until it gave me an error that could only be fixed by re-linking...
  5. Cannot sign in to PS4 linked account to play Minecraft cross platforms or Realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot sign in to PS4 linked account to play Minecraft cross platforms or Realms: I have tried everything. I get the "Oops! Looks like this account is already connected. Please sign in with your previously connected Microsoft account, (My username)" or the "Signing in with your...
  6. Linking a Microsoft Account in Minecraft PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linking a Microsoft Account in Minecraft PS4: I have linked my Microsoft account to my PSN ID before and started having some issues with it so I decided to try clearing the sign in data and tried to relink the same two accounts and it says...
  7. im trying to link my xbox live account that i have on my xbox one s and it wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    im trying to link my xbox live account that i have on my xbox one s and it wont work: so i just got twitch prime gaming and i want to get the gta 5 online submarine sonar station but when i press link xbox account to rockstar social club it says authentication failed everytime i...
  8. Game Bar Spotify Not Working (Unable to link the account)

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Spotify Not Working (Unable to link the account): I had this issue back in Jan 16th 2020 and i figured why not try and see if it works today?.. Well is still doesnt. I go onto game bar and click link accounts and i do it and the window closes but...
  9. Microsoft account link on PS4 Minecraft not working says account already linked and it’s a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account link on PS4 Minecraft not working says account already linked and it’s a...: I have been trying with multiple accounts and every time i create one it says thats its already been linked to a ps4 which isn’t true because i just made it due to my original account every time i...
  10. Work email linked to XBL account deleted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Work email linked to XBL account deleted: Hello to anyone reading this and trying to help, I quit my job many months ago and they must have recently deleted my work email which was attached to my XBL acccount. It won't let me sign in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant link my twitch aocial to xbox