linking lap top to Xbox account

Discus and support linking lap top to Xbox account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to link my laptop to my Xbox live account and it keeps telling me the device is not on the list even though I downloaded the Microsoft app... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cole D, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Cole D
    Cole D Guest

I'm trying to link my laptop to my Xbox live account and it keeps telling me the device is not on the list even though I downloaded the Microsoft app to the laptop and restarted it still doesn't show the device on my list for my Xbox account? what am I
    missing or is there another step to this?

:)

Cole D, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

3. Cole D Win User

At the moment I stepped out of the house but I will recheck my network settings in an hour or so when I get back, let you know then.
  4. Cole D Win User

Just runs me through the same circle of boxes to check in the end it still doesn't show the laptop in the list of devices for my Xbox account.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Are you trying to link via the Console Companion App? It might be that they are on separate networks, even different bands for wifi (2.4Ghz v 5 Ghz). If you know the IP address of the Xbox (Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced details (I think
    it's called Advanced details, might be a bit different, but it's got "Advanced"), you should be able to add it by IP address.

If that's not what you're trying to do, let us know and we can try and help identify the problem.
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

My account on my lap top.

Thema:

1. linking lap top to Xbox account - Similar Threads - linking lap top

2. Issue when trying to link Xbox with Google Home - My roommates Xbox shows but not mine.

in XboX Insiders
    Issue when trying to link Xbox with Google Home - My roommates Xbox shows but not mine.: So I’ve been trying to set my Xbox on my Google Home but I’m running into an issue where the only Xbox I see when I try to link them is my roommates Xbox (I have logged into both before). I want...
  3. No device linked with MS account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No device linked with MS account.: I purchased Halo reach on my PC, went to install ain my xb1 and was informed that there is no device linked with my account. After reading and trying the, unhelpful, troubleshooting i still cannot...
  4. How to redeem my nitro/ea gift code links on PC? (xbox beta app / companion app)

in XBoX on Windows
    How to redeem my nitro/ea gift code links on PC? (xbox beta app / companion app): I've been jumping from support technician to support technician. With things being told "Wait 24-72 hours", "We don't have the codes, we will send it in 24 hours", et cetra. About 3 days ago I've...
  5. Minecoins gone after link Microsoft account to Minecraft on switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecoins gone after link Microsoft account to Minecraft on switch: i bought 2000 coins in the minecraft game ... once I added my microsoft account now all the purchases and coins are gone! Ive tried uninstalling re-installing.... nintendo support said the issue...
  6. Linking accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linking accounts: Hi I have 3 Microsoft accounts 2 with old email addresses that are soon to be deleted by Optus, another is an old work email address. I have managed to rename one of the Optus email address but...
  7. error linking to epic games

in XBoX Accessibility
    error linking to epic games: when trying to link my xbox account with epic games I get an error that does not let me link the account, can someone help me? 67c010b8-0b17-47cc-8c6e-beba7071c797
  8. linking 2 Xbox ones at different homes (my kids and mine)

in XBoX on Consoles
    linking 2 Xbox ones at different homes (my kids and mine): My son has an xbox. He's 8 so I set up the account and I pay for gold with him using his own tag as a member of my family... He wants to take the console to his mums as he spends more time there....
  9. Refund page, refund help link, refund anything is not working

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refund page, refund help link, refund anything is not working: Mistakenly purchased incorrect game as a gift last night and need a refund. NOTHING loads, everything is "misplaced" or "error not working" or gives me steps that , surely must be my issue, to...
  10. Can't link my Xbox with Facebook "URL blocked This redirect failed because the redirect URI...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't link my Xbox with Facebook "URL blocked This redirect failed because the redirect URI...: I can't link my Xbox with Facebook on the xbox app on windows 10 cause it just says "URL blocked This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not white-listed in the app's client OAuth...