Linking Microsoft accounts

Discus and support Linking Microsoft accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I redeemed a code for Xbox live. Gold. Onto my Microsoft account. But that meant that my son would have to use my account to play and he would have to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CrystalGreene, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Linking Microsoft accounts

I redeemed a code for Xbox live. Gold. Onto my Microsoft account. But that meant that my son would have to use my account to play and he would have to message all HIS friends to let them know. So we wanted to put the 3 month subscription onto his gamertag
    account,etc.

Moved from: (Outlook.com | My Account and information | Other)

:)

CrystalGreene, Feb 11, 2020
  2. dancingducksontour Win User

Linking Microsoft Accounts

Thank you to all of the above, great customer service !!!
  3. MindOfTim Win User

You can always "game share" and set your home console to his Xbox (unless it's on the same xbox then just set it as your home xbox and problem solved), that way he can play all your digital games and use the subscriptions (gold, game pass and I think EA
    access) whenever he plays on the console you've set as your home xbox. This applies to anyone else that uses that xbox. Also you can still play at the same time it doesnt affect you. You would have to be logged in if he plays on an xbox not set as your home
    xbox.

The one downside is this means if he goes out to a friends house, that friend must have it set to his/her home xbox and have gold membership otherwise your son wont
  4. xJCplDxSHESHO Win User

You only have the option of making the account as principal because you cannot transfer gold from one account to another.
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

once a subscription is tied to an account it is basically there and can't be transferred.

What you can do however is to add your profile on the console and set the console as your Home console (I assume it's an Xbox One console) That will result in the Gold subscription be available for use for all profiles on that console.

See this link on how to do that:
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

It should result in your son to use Gold features too on that console.
  6. ((chicken_nugget)) Win User

Linking Microsoft Accounts

Hi dancingducksontour!

(awesome name!)

You can link your Microsoft account in to a group with your son's by making a
    Microsoft Family.
    You can download Fortnite Battle Royale on your laptop by going to
    the link on step 4
    (below). If you would like to play with your son, you have to :

1. Create an Epic Games Account.
    2. Link your account to an Xbox/Microsoft account (not your son's, your own).
    3. Your son would have to do the same.
    4. Download Fortnite.
    5. Launch the game.
    6. Add each other as friends on the game.
    7. Squad up & have fun!
    Happy holidays and happy gaming!

Geust (~˘▾˘)~
Thema:

1. Linking Microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - Linking Microsoft accounts

2. How to log out of Fortnight guest account and link my son's Microsoft profile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to log out of Fortnight guest account and link my son's Microsoft profile?: My son got an Xbox and started playing it before I understood how parental controls work. Long story short: - Linked to MY email is an EpicGames account (Fortnite) that he purchased things on....
  3. "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account"

in XBoX on Windows
    "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account": I paid for a game (Minecraft) which I'm not able to install on my computer. It is a Windows 10 computer. I updated windows 10 and restarted my computer. I linked my computer to my MIcrosoft...
  4. My Xbox 360 console says that my email is not linked to a microsoft account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 console says that my email is not linked to a microsoft account.: I've tried these steps Delete my profile Clear system cache Restart console Redownload profile Here is where the issue comes up. Every time I try this step it gives the error "This email...
  5. Xbox live account linked to a different Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live account linked to a different Microsoft account: When I set up my xbox live account I was pretty young so my parents made me set it up under my mums Microsoft account. Now that I am older I'd like to have the xbox account under my own name so I...
  6. Link the Mojang and Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Link the Mojang and Microsoft account?: I already got Minecraft and played if for many years. Now I would like to Raytracing. But I don't have Minecraft in the Microsoft Store. Is there a way to link the Mojang and Microsoft account?...
  7. Minecraft PE won't link to my Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PE won't link to my Microsoft account: Hello! I have looked everywhere and tried everything, but nothing works. I have linked my Microsoft Account to my phone, then I signed in to my Microsoft Account on the web. I don't know what to...
  8. If I change my gamer tag will it affect anything my Microsoft account is linked to?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I change my gamer tag will it affect anything my Microsoft account is linked to?: So I'm thinking of changing my GT since we get a free one. Will this affect things such as the Xbox Ambassador Programme or anything else my account is linked to?...
  9. Microsoft account link on PS4 Minecraft not working says account already linked and it’s a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account link on PS4 Minecraft not working says account already linked and it’s a...: I have been trying with multiple accounts and every time i create one it says thats its already been linked to a ps4 which isn’t true because i just made it due to my original account every time i...
  10. How to link Microsoft account to another playstation network account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to link Microsoft account to another playstation network account.: I keep getting this error that says, “Oops! Looks like the Microsoft Account you are trying to use is already connected to another account on “Playstation Network”. Please sign in with a...