Linking Mojang account to Microsoft

Discus and support Linking Mojang account to Microsoft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started playing Minecraft after 3 years and they first asked me to link my Mojang and Microsoft account since its migrated across to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by joshua24ED, Aug 7, 2022.

1. joshua24ED
    joshua24ED Guest

Hello,

I recently started playing Minecraft after 3 years and they first asked me to link my Mojang and Microsoft account since its migrated across to the service. However, when I went on the Minecraft Launcher and logged into my Microsoft account, it is still requesting me to buy Minecraft (currently on game pass due to the sale few months ago). My Mojang account still has the game, but my Microsoft does not. Both accounts are under 2 emails due to me buying minecraft a while ago. How should I proceed so that I don't have to purchase Minecraft again.

Thank you

:)

joshua24ED, Aug 7, 2022
  2. demon646 Win User

Link the Mojang and Microsoft account?

This is too stupid. We literally own Minecraft and RTX high end gaming cards, but Microsoft thinks it's a good idea to NOT give this small group access to the Tech demo? Way to go... What the heck is Insider Hub anyway? Just a 2nd app store? Dumb.
  3. Vicente Girona Win User

Hello, welcome to Xbox forums.

Unfortunately it is no longer possible to get a free copy. April 20th was the last day to obtain it.

I quote below a text from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/ancient-java-players--you-attention-please-

• If you did buy Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018, then you might not be aware that you’re entitled to a FREE copy of the Windows 10 version. It’s an offer that we ended a couple of Octobers ago, but you still have some time to redeem your
      free copy if you bought Java Edition way back when! After Monday, April 20th, 2020, customers who purchased Minecraft Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 will no longer be able to redeem their free version of Minecraft for Windows 10 token code. Until then,
      players who bought Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can still receive a token for Minecraft for Windows 10.

I'm so sorry that you can't reedem your free copy anymore. You'll either have to buy a new copy from the Microsoft store or wait for it to be on sale.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

nope, you would need to purchase the windows 10 version for that.
  5. joshua24ED Win User

Thank you for your response.

My Minecraft is Java edition and I do not have the confirmation email about the migration process but when I try to log into Mojang, it says my account has been migrated (and I do remember clicking a link button but no email)
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Joshua24ed

Is this happening for Minecraft Java edition or Bedrock?

Also, do you have the confirmation email about the migration process in your Microsoft account? (The one that you're using)

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings
Thema:

1. Linking Mojang account to Microsoft - Similar Threads - Linking Mojang account

2. Anyway to change the Microsoft email linked to my Mojang account after migration?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyway to change the Microsoft email linked to my Mojang account after migration?: Hey, my Microsoft email that I use for Minecraft was hacked, and the email was changed. I am still logged into the account so I have access to everything but if I logout then I think I will lose...
  3. I linked my Mojang account to my Microsoft account but I forgot which Microsoft account I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I linked my Mojang account to my Microsoft account but I forgot which Microsoft account I...: As I've said in the title, I forgot the Microsoft account that I have linked to my Mojang account. I'd like to know how to figure out what my Microsoft account is....
  4. How do I find out what Microsoft I linked my Mojang account too? And who do I contact to do so?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I find out what Microsoft I linked my Mojang account too? And who do I contact to do so?: Linked Mojang acc to Microsoft cant remember microsoft acc already asked mojang they told me to come here. cdc1d320-2898-4a71-9a2a-3ed10c6d5879
  5. How do I link my microsoft and mojang accounts together?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I link my microsoft and mojang accounts together?: So now, you cannot play Java Edition nor Bedrock Edition of minecraft unless you migrate your mojang account to your microsoft account. I already have a microsoft account, and I don't need an...
  6. How to find out which microsoft account my mojang account has been linked to

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to find out which microsoft account my mojang account has been linked to: Hi, I have asked this question millions of times now and have been directed to microsoft support itself. Can you, in any way possible, find out which account my mojang account has been linked to....
  7. I accidently linked my Mojang Minecraft account to a kids account and I want to change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidently linked my Mojang Minecraft account to a kids account and I want to change it: So today I linked my Mojang account to my Microsoft account forgetting that my son was using said Microsoft account for bedrock edition and therefore it was a kids account and now the privacy...
  8. I linked the wrong Microsoft account to my Mojang account

in XBoX on Windows
    I linked the wrong Microsoft account to my Mojang account: I linked a Microsoft account that I don't use and haven't used in forever to my Mojang account and was wondering if there was a way to switch it to my main Microsoft account...
  9. Mojang and Microsoft Minecraft accounts linked to same email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mojang and Microsoft Minecraft accounts linked to same email.: So, I have had a Mojang account for a long time now and I wanted to buy Minecraft for my girlfriend and have her play with me. But when I went to pay for a new game of Minecraft i wasn't logged in...
  10. Linked wrong microsoft account to mojang

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linked wrong microsoft account to mojang: I typed in an e-mail to an old Microsoft account that I didn't even know was registered. It isn't my usual xbox account, and I'm wondering if it's possible to change....