linking my old xbox account to my new microsoft one

Discus and support linking my old xbox account to my new microsoft one in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox account that I use is one that I had when I was younger and uses my mothers email address. But this xbox account is linked to my bank account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SamChambers1, May 10, 2019.

1. SamChambers1
    SamChambers1 Guest

My Xbox account that I use is one that I had when I was younger and uses my mothers email address. But this xbox account is linked to my bank account and I want my mom to stop seeing my unnecessary purchases. My Xbox account is ExtantFever67 and I want to
    find a way to link it to my current Microsoft account which is [Mod removed- personal information]

:)

SamChambers1, May 10, 2019
  2. Jurgen1488 Win User

Microsoft and Xbox Accounts

When I created my Microsoft account it didn't link to my Xbox Live account and it created a new one. How can I get rid of this new xbox account and link my old one?
    Hi JeffreyC4444.

The Microsoft account is also an Xbox account.

If you want to create a new Xbox account, it's only possible to create a new Microsoft account.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Yes, this is a tricky situation, as it would have an impact on your parents Microsoft Account. You will need to discuss with them, reviewing the information included in the link provided by the above Microsoft representative. This will have an impact
    on their email account, and having a discussion about what they need and what you need will be the next steps forward if you go forward with it or not.
  4. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Sam,

Thanks for posting on the forums today. We understand you're trying to change the email address associated to your Microsoft account. I suggest for you to click on this article

'How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account'
    as it will guide you through the steps on how to change your Microsoft email.

Note If you choose to remove an alias that uses a Microsoft domain such as @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, or @live.com, that alias will be completely deleted and will not be available to sign in to any Microsoft services. Do not
    remove this email address if you still want to use it to send and receive email messages.

Give it a shot let us know how it goes.
  5. SuedGazelle6928 Win User

Gamer tag linked to dead account

Alright so I made a new Microsoft account with a new email. My regular gamer tag (LukoJuko) is linked to my old Microsoft account, and I'm changing the Microsoft account that "LukoJuko" is connected to. Will my gamer score and xbox gold membership carry
    over?
  6. Tut0r Win User

gamertag issues

Which gamertag is linked to your Microsoft account? The new one or the old one? My guess would be that your old account is still linked to your Microsoft account and you are trying to use the new gamertag but the old one is interfering. Check this link out
    on transferring gamertags
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
    . If that isn't the issue come back and let us know if we can help further troubleshooting the issue.
Thema:

1. linking my old xbox account to my new microsoft one - Similar Threads - linking old account

2. Old gamertag not linked to a Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Old gamertag not linked to a Microsoft account: I have a gamertag, , that I registered many years ago. I wasn't using it for a while and never linked it to a Microsoft account. I chatted with Microsoft support and they told me that there is no...
  3. Linking my old xbox account to my new email??

in XBoX on Windows
    Linking my old xbox account to my new email??: Hey, i stopped playing xbox just before xbox one came out, my account has my old email address and i would like to link it with my new email. Since i've made a new microsoft account with my new...
  4. Linked Social Accounts - is it safe for an 11 year old ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Linked Social Accounts - is it safe for an 11 year old ?: My son plays Fortnite on his XBOX and interacts with his friends who also play in their homes He is telling me that he can no longer interact with other gamers who are on other platforms (PS4...
  5. Xbox Live Account Linked to Old Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Account Linked to Old Email Address: My xbox live/Microsoft account is linked to an old email address that I no longer have access to. My linked phone number has changed as well. When I try to sign in to xbox live, it tells me that...
  6. Old email linked to Xbox account deleted

in XBoX on Windows
    Old email linked to Xbox account deleted: Hello guys ! When the Xbox360 was out i add an old account that i bought a lot of games on. Now i have a new account, but i would like to log in my old account and re-download my games without...
  7. Merging or linking saved data from my old 360 account to my Xbox one account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Merging or linking saved data from my old 360 account to my Xbox one account: Hi, When I made my xbox one account i created a new account rather than reusing the same email and information as my 360 account because i initially was using my parents email. With backward...
  8. My 5 Year Olds Xbox Account is Suspended for Fraud and it as locked my linked account

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 5 Year Olds Xbox Account is Suspended for Fraud and it as locked my linked account: I'm stumped here, posted on Reddit and ResetERA and tried xboxsupport but while I'm waiting for the appeal detail I'll post here for any advice if you can support. 've been on live since day dot...
  9. Link old XBox Live account to new XBox 360 offline profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Link old XBox Live account to new XBox 360 offline profile: Hello, I was trying to create an XBox Live profile today and realized that I had already created one a couple of years ago for a Batman game I purchased through Steam on PC and forgotten about...
  10. Forgot password for email linked with old Xbox Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgot password for email linked with old Xbox Account: Hi there, First off i'd like to apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place, this is my first time doing this and at this point I am running out of options Basically what is happening is...