Links to YouTube videos in the Rewards app don't open the video anymore, just open the...

Discus and support Links to YouTube videos in the Rewards app don't open the video anymore, just open the... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I noticed a few weeks ago that the cards in the Rewards app that refere to a YouTube video don't open the video directly as it used to. Instead it just... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jurrabi, Jan 9, 2021.

1. /u/jurrabi
    /u/jurrabi Guest

Links to YouTube videos in the Rewards app don't open the video anymore, just open the...

I noticed a few weeks ago that the cards in the Rewards app that refere to a YouTube video don't open the video directly as it used to. Instead it just goes to the Home feed.

I'm noticing this on the Xbox Series X (Alpha Skip Ahead).

Before it used to ask for permission before opening videos launched from another app, but now it doesn't do that either.

I reported via the Report Bug function in the console, but I thought of adding it also here to check if somebody else has noticed it.

submitted by /u/jurrabi
    [link] [comments]

/u/jurrabi, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Cherrepaha Win User

NHL Gamecenter

I tried StativeBeatle65's solution and it worked for me!

Open the YouTube app.. Open a video [the YouTube trends video worked for me].. Press A to bring up the video controls... On the far right of that menu, select the CC button. Select Turn Off Closed Captioning. Exit the app. You're done!

This helped me turn off Closed Captioning in NHL Gamecenter on an Australian Xbox.
  3. Cherrepaha Win User

Can't turn off closed captions

Open the YouTube app.. Open a video [the YouTube trends video worked for me].. Press A to bring up the video controls... On the far right of that menu, select the CC button. Select Turn Off Closed Captioning. Exit the app. You're done!

This helped me turn off Closed Captioning in NHL Gamecenter on an Australian Xbox.
  4. Cherrepaha Win User

closed captions

5. Cherrepaha Win User

NEW DASHBOARD UPDATE BROKE THE APPS SEARCH! ALSO TURNED ON CLOSED CAPTIONING IN CONOLE OPTIONS!

Try opening a video in the YouTube app. Bring up the video controls and select the CC button on the far right of the control bar... Turn Off the closed captions in that menu. Exit the YouTube app.

That fixed it for me with the same issue in NHL Gamecenter on an Aussie Xbox.
  6. MonjaJozef Win User

Can you upgrade internal HDD in Xbox one S?

You are not allowed to open Console. You lose an option for repair. If you don't mind that, there are lots of videos on youtube.
Thema:

1. Links to YouTube videos in the Rewards app don't open the video anymore, just open the... - Similar Threads - Links YouTube videos

2. It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To...

in XBoX on Windows
    It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To...: I am trying to install a Windows terminal. While the time of installation I am getting the above msg what should I do? ea687545-9b94-4cd3-91be-94d658ec5de9
  3. Trying to link xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to link xbox account: How do I link an xbox account when it keeps on telling me I need parent consent? I am the parent! It does the same on the console, so I tried now on the pc. Get the same page. So I continue just...
  4. Youtube Channel Links In Bio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Youtube Channel Links In Bio: Is it against the rules to put a link of a youtube channel in the Xbox Bio? a0ecce96-2f27-40f3-bd58-da7dc27a9341
  5. youtube/xbox linked....how can i find out my youtube sign-in info from xbox website on the pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    youtube/xbox linked....how can i find out my youtube sign-in info from xbox website on the pc: ok this is kind of a weird situation. my xbox and one other device (an android phone) are both logged onto the same youtube account. the problem is i cannot see any of the log in information in...
  6. posting youtube video and Microsoft edge links

in XBoX Games and Apps
    posting youtube video and Microsoft edge links: Why cant there be an option to share to activity feed on youtube app or Microsoft edge its not that hard... 79bd40ac-e21c-42db-96a1-31a3dab106b0
  7. Posting Youtube links in activity feed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Posting Youtube links in activity feed: Why we can not post youtube links like xbox do??? 93b57473-9947-4f39-a7b8-c0cc10394a8d
  8. YouTube Linking Glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube Linking Glitch: I'm having an issue with my YouTube app where when I link it to my phone and select a video and it will play just fine, but when I do anything else on my phone or even lock it and then return to...
  9. Any one have these problems on BF4 here is some youtube links of the problems and if so or not ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any one have these problems on BF4 here is some youtube links of the problems and if so or not ...: Here is some videos of it on other areas of the game. [MEDIA] [MEDIA] [MEDIA] Tried diff HDMI cables, Diff HD tv, New game, wireless and hard line Internet connection, faster Internet, diff tv...
  10. Gamertag linked with wrong google account on youtube app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag linked with wrong google account on youtube app.: I don't understand how this is even possible, but when i downloaded the Youtube app on my xbox one, it linked my gamertag with my brothers google account. I have my own google account, that is...