Linksys: Change Wireless Band

Discus and support Linksys: Change Wireless Band in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Band (Frequency) Why only 20 MHz. Only asking because I have 5.0 as well as 2.4 the 2.4 only has the option for '20... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hades, Jun 13, 2014.

1. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Band (Frequency)
    Why only 20 MHz. Only asking because I have 5.0 as well as 2.4 the 2.4 only has the option for '20 MHz Only' but the 5.0 has the option for 20 MHZ, 40 MHz or 80 MHz.

:)

XB1R Hades, Jun 13, 2014
  2. XB1R Apollo
    XB1R Apollo Guest

Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Band (Width)
    Login Information

• Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    • Username: (blank)
    • Password: admin

Change Wireless Band (Width)

This router only supports the 20MHz band.

XB1R Apollo, Jun 13, 2014
  3. XB1R Apollo
    XB1R Apollo Guest

Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Band (Width)
    Login Information

• Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    • Username: admin
    • Password: admin

Change Wireless Band (Width)

This router only supports the 20MHz band.

XB1R Apollo, Jun 13, 2014
  4. MetalKobra
    MetalKobra Guest

Why only 20 MHz. Only asking because I have 5.0 as well as 2.4 the 2.4 only has the option for '20 MHz Only' but the 5.0 has the option for 20 MHZ, 40 MHz or 80 MHz.

MetalKobra, Feb 6, 2017
  5. MetalKobra Win User

6. ragell-4759C0D8-DE5C Win User

xboxes on the same network keep kicking each other out since the new update..

I'm currently looking at to get this one ..LINKSYS E3200 Dual Band Wireless Router
  7. SparkStormrider Win User

Best Router For Your Xbox?

There are a ton of Cisco (Linksys) N routers. Some of them better than others. I'd say go to Amazon and Newegg and check some of them out and look at the reviews to make sure there isn't a comon theme in the complaints (such as messed up firmware when
    shipped, etc.). The Linksys 3500 seems like a good router. Take look at this guy:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Look at some of the others in this line. When going with N look for Dualband wireless. They tend to put a better proc and RAM in those as opposed to single band ones (like the Linksys 160N).
  8. XBR Poseidon Win User

NAT: Open, but games ask to connect XBL

Century Link is a DLS provider which means they most likely gave you a gateway. A gateway is both a modem and router. Your Xbox is behind two routers which means two firewalls. You will most likely need to set whatever box Century Link gave you to bridge
    mode. Another thing to look at is that most Linksys routers will set their network names (SSID) to be the same. The E3000 is a dual band router. It creates networks on both the 2.4Ghz band and the 5Ghz band. If these networks have the same name it can cause
    connectivity issues for devices that can see both, the Xbox One. Try changing one of their names. I generally use the same name and then throw the band on the end. Wireless 2.4 and Wireless 5 for example.
  9. XBR Dionysus Win User

Xbox Live disconnects when I'm not playing online games.

I missed that he was wired. I saw him talking about the duel band and assumed was wireless. if wired, then yes you can try taidara's suggestion. What is the model of the Linksys it should start with an E,EA or WRT?
Thema:

1. Linksys: Change Wireless Band - Similar Threads - Linksys Change Wireless

2. Linksys: Change Wireless Band

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Linksys: Change Wireless Band: Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Band (Width) Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: user Password: (provided by the ISP) (or left blank) Change Wireless Band (Width) This...
  3. Linksys: Change Wireless Mode

Linksys: Change Wireless Mode: Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Mode Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: user Password: (provided by the ISP) (or left blank) Change Wireless Mode This feature is...
  4. Linksys: Change Wireless Channel

Linksys: Change Wireless Channel: Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Channel Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: user Password: (provided by the ISP) (or left blank) Change Wireless Channel This feature is...
  5. Linksys: Change Wireless Channel

Linksys: Change Wireless Channel: Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Channel Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: leave blank Password: admin Change Wireless Channel  Open a web browser. Log into the router...
  6. Linksys: Change Wireless Mode

Linksys: Change Wireless Mode: Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Mode Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: leave blank Password: admin Change Wireless Mode  Open a web browser. Log into the router by...
  7. Linksys: Change Wireless Band

Linksys: Change Wireless Band: Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Band (width) Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: leave blank Password: admin Change Wireless Band (Width) This device does not have this...
  8. Linksys: Change Wireless Mode

Linksys: Change Wireless Mode: Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Mode Linksys EA6500 Login Information Username - admin Password - admin Gateway - 192.168.1.1 Change Wireless Mode Open a web browser. Log into...
  9. Linksys: Change Wireless Channel

Linksys: Change Wireless Channel: Linksys (Routers): Change Wireless Channel Linksys EA6500 Login Information Username - admin Password - admin Gateway - 192.168.1.1 Change Wireless Channel Open a web browser. Log...
  10. Linksys: Changing Wireless Security Type/ Disabling Wireless Security

Linksys: Changing Wireless Security Type/ Disabling Wireless Security: Linksys (Routers): Changing Wireless Security Type/ Disabling Wireless Security Linksys EA6500 Login Information Username - admin Password - admin Gateway - 192.168.1.1 Changing...