Linksys: DHCP Reservation

Discus and support Linksys: DHCP Reservation in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Linksys (Routers): DHCP Reservation Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: leave blank Password: admin DHCP Reservation This... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hydros, Aug 15, 2014.

1. XB1R Hydros
    XB1R Hydros Guest

Linksys (Routers): DHCP Reservation
    Login Information

• Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    • Username: leave blank
    • Password: admin
    DHCP Reservation

This feature is not available on this device.

:)

XB1R Hydros, Aug 15, 2014
  2. XB1R Apollo
    XB1R Apollo Guest

Login Information

• Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    • Username: admin

DHCP Reservation

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway (192.168.1.1) into the address bar of the internet browser.
    3. When prompted, enter "admin" for the user name and "admin" for the password.
    4. Select "DHCP" from the menu at the top.
    5. Select "Setup" from the sub menu.
    6. Locate the "Static Entry" table.
    7. Enter the desired IP address in the "Static IP Address" boxes.
    8. Enter the MAC address of the Xbox into the "MAC Address" boxes.
    9. Enter "Xbox" into the "Name" field.
    10. Check the "Enable" check box.
    11. Select "Add to List"
    12. Select Save Settings.

XB1R Apollo, Aug 15, 2014
  3. XB1R Apollo
    XB1R Apollo Guest

Login Information

• Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    • Username: admin

DHCP Reservation

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway (192.168.1.1) into the address bar of the internet browser.
    3. When prompted, enter "admin" for the user name and "admin" for the password.
    4. Select "Setup" from the menu at the top.
    5. Select "LAN" from the sub menu.
    6. Locate the "Static IP Mapping" section.
    7. Enter the desired IP address for the Xbox in the "Static IP Address" fields.
    8. Enter the MAC address of the Xbox in the "MAC Address" fields.
    9. Enter "Xbox" in the "Host Name" field.
    10. Select Add.
    11. Select Save Settings.

XB1R Apollo, Aug 15, 2014
  4. chelms Win User

You can start the DHCP Range at 192.168.x.100 and assign the XBOX a static address of 192.168.x.99, for instance.
  5. XBR Poseidon Win User

You have the order correct. A wired connection is preferred but not required. The Xbox does not need to be on but it may make it easier if it is. The E4200 should be able to resolve open NAT for one console without port forwarding. If you have DSL service
    you may have double NAT. Make sure to see if we have page for your modem as well, look under gateways.
  6. Metalsaber Win User

Possible Fix for the Netflix Streaming Issues

I set my x1 to a static ip address. I then went to my Linksys router and under DHCP Reservation, I added my X1. Rebooted the router. Still barely able to get to 480p.
  7. D1NO Win User

DHCP Reservation

Okay cool, so to recap, I should do this dhcp reservation step first before I go into the port forwarding step. And DO I have to hard wire my computer via Ethernet to the e4200 for this dhcp reservation while having my Xbox turned on and connected to the
    e4200?

Thanks
  8. taidara Win User

Linksys E4200/Bell Modem Open NAT Issue Xbox One

Could you go ahead reset your Linksys. Afterwards, reconfigure wireless and keep Filter Anonymous Internet Requests ticked disable and UPnP enabled.

If that didn't solve your situation, take the MAC address of the interface your current connection type (wired or wireless) and type it in under DHCP Reservation on your router, and reserv a unique IP address for your console.

With the reserved IP address, go to configure DMZ on your router and place the reserved address in the DMZ

Don't forget to save your settings.

Make sure the console has been assigned with the reserved address.
Thema:

1. Linksys: DHCP Reservation - Similar Threads - Linksys DHCP Reservation

2. Linksys: My xbox's connection issue...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Linksys: My xbox's connection issue...: Linksys (Modems/Gateways): My xbox's connection issue... How many other devices are connected to that router? You may have to go into the settings of the router & prioritize the devices....
  3. Linksys: xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi

Linksys: xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi: Linksys (Modems/Gateways): xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi Hello feliciahill1, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We recommend utilizing the article entitled, "Troubleshoot...
  4. Linksys Linksys WRT320N: Xbox live connection

Linksys Linksys WRT320N: Xbox live connection: Linksys (Routers) Linksys WRT320N: Xbox live connection Looks like a problem with the system update. Here is a link to help try the update from the start. Status Code 8007-2AF9 | Error Code...
  5. Linksys Linksys BEFCMU10 v3: Can’t connect Xbox live

Linksys Linksys BEFCMU10 v3: Can’t connect Xbox live: Linksys (Modems/Gateways) Linksys BEFCMU10 v3 (Modem): Can’t connect Xbox live Please check link Restore to Factory Defaults | Xbox One 76d4c962-762c-48b2-94ba-1077e85c1eb7
  6. Linksys Linksys WGA54G: Suppression de gold prélèvements

Linksys Linksys WGA54G: Suppression de gold prélèvements: Linksys (Powerline Adapters) Linksys WGA54G: Suppression de gold prélèvements Désolé de l'entendre. Si votre fils a un abonnement récurrent, vous devez vous connecter son compte ou au compte...
  7. Linksys Linksys EA6500: Problems with Linksys EA8300

Linksys Linksys EA6500: Problems with Linksys EA8300: Linksys (Routers) Linksys EA6500: Problems with Linksys EA8300 I have a brand spanking new Linksys EA8300 router. Was working fine with both of my Xbox's and all other home devices until today...
  8. Linksys: DHCP Reservation

Linksys: DHCP Reservation: Linksys (Routers): DHCP Reservation Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: user Password: (provided by the ISP) (or left blank) DHCP Reservation Open a web browser. Log into the...
  9. Linksys: DHCP Reservation

Linksys: DHCP Reservation: Linksys (Routers): DHCP Reservation Linksys EA6500 Login Information Username - admin Password - admin Gateway - 192.168.1.1 DHCP Reservation Open a web browser. Log into the router...
  10. Linksys EA6400 only shows one xbox in device list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Linksys EA6400 only shows one xbox in device list: I have a linksys EA 6400 router with 2 xbox consoles connected to it via cat 5e cable. Both wires go through separate switches between the router and the xbox consoles. When both consoles are...