Linksys: Entering PPPoE

Discus and support Linksys: Entering PPPoE in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Linksys (Routers): Entering PPPoE Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: user Password: (provided by the ISP) (or left blank) Entering... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hades, Oct 17, 2014.

1. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

Linksys (Routers): Entering PPPoE
    Login Information

• Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    • Username: user
    • Password: (provided by the ISP) (or left blank)
    Entering PPPoE

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway (192.168.0.1) into the address bar of the internet browser.
    3. When prompted. Enter in “user” for the user name and the provided password from your ISP (if they did not provide a password the field should be left blank, should that not work please contact your ISP for the password).
    4. Select Router from the menu at the top.
    5. Select Wan Setup from the submenu below that.
    6. Enter your relevant PPPoE information into the PPPoE settings area.
    7. Select Submit All Changes near the bottom of the page.

:)

XB1R Hades, Oct 17, 2014
  2. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

Linksys EA6500

Login Information

Username - admin

Password - admin

Gateway - 192.168.1.1

Entering PPPoE

This feature is unavailable.

XB1R Hades, Oct 17, 2014
  3. XB1R Apollo
    XB1R Apollo Guest

Login Information

• Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    • Username: admin
    • Password: admin

Entering PPPoE

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway (192.168.1.1) into the address bar of the internet browser.
    3. When prompted, enter "admin" for the user name and "admin" for the password.
    4. Select "Setup" from the menu at the top.
    5. Select "Network" from the sub menu.
    6. Locate the "WAN Connection Type" section for "WAN1"
    7. From the drop down menu, select "PPPoE".
    8. Enter the PPPoE User Name and Password provided by your internet service provider.
    9. Select the radio button for "Keep Alive".
    10. Select Save Settings.

**Note: This device has dual WAN ports. WAN1 is labeled as "Internet" on the device, where as WAN2 is labeled as "DMZ/Internet". In order for the PPPoE entry to be effective the modem must be plugged into the corresponding port via Ethernet cable.

XB1R Apollo, Oct 17, 2014
  4. Nepplz Win User

Problem with Century Link's Q1000...

Yeah, it's so strange! and nope, not entering PPPoE, and not messing with anything else. I believe its the company.
  5. XBR Dionysus Win User

My wired connection wont work to my 360

Sorry for the late post but if the computer works on all the ports but nothing else does it sound like the PPPoE information somehow got removed from the Zyxel and got put into the computer.

Some DSL companies use an authentication called PPPoE, it's a user name and a password that is issued by the ISP and is normally entered into the gateway. If it gets removed or changed then you will not get internet to the house. If the PPPoE is entered
    into the comp or the console then that device will connect. I would call Telus and have them restore the gateway and if needed they can reset up the PPPoE. If that doesn't work then they might not use those settings if that’s the case then I would suggest
    they replace the device. Hope that helps.
  6. OllyBongo1 Win User

GfWL problem with router

when you set PPPoE mode you will need your broadband username and password you can get this from your ISP and enter it in the configuration page on your router, and you can manually specify the PPPoE settings in the xbox network settings
  7. 2340293u oifjdsohf Win User

Zhone: Bridging Guide

With ISP distributel - a factory restore will set bridge mode, PPPOE login info will need to be entered into router to regain web access.
  8. MarkSelezenev Win User

Help connect me to Xbox live please!

good you have the mac address entered, does the hotel require PPPoe confirmation for example, if you go on your laptop does it tell you to put in a username and password ? If it does set up the username and password and under pppoe and the mac address and
    you will be good to go.
Thema:

1. Linksys: Entering PPPoE - Similar Threads - Linksys Entering PPPoE

2. Linksys: My xbox's connection issue...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Linksys: My xbox's connection issue...: Linksys (Modems/Gateways): My xbox's connection issue... How many other devices are connected to that router? You may have to go into the settings of the router & prioritize the devices....
  3. Linksys: xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi

Linksys: xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi: Linksys (Modems/Gateways): xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi Hello feliciahill1, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We recommend utilizing the article entitled, "Troubleshoot...
  4. Linksys Linksys WRT320N: Xbox live connection

Linksys Linksys WRT320N: Xbox live connection: Linksys (Routers) Linksys WRT320N: Xbox live connection Looks like a problem with the system update. Here is a link to help try the update from the start. Status Code 8007-2AF9 | Error Code...
  5. Linksys Linksys BEFCMU10 v3: Can’t connect Xbox live

Linksys Linksys BEFCMU10 v3: Can’t connect Xbox live: Linksys (Modems/Gateways) Linksys BEFCMU10 v3 (Modem): Can’t connect Xbox live Please check link Restore to Factory Defaults | Xbox One 76d4c962-762c-48b2-94ba-1077e85c1eb7
  6. Linksys Linksys WGA54G: Suppression de gold prélèvements

Linksys Linksys WGA54G: Suppression de gold prélèvements: Linksys (Powerline Adapters) Linksys WGA54G: Suppression de gold prélèvements Désolé de l'entendre. Si votre fils a un abonnement récurrent, vous devez vous connecter son compte ou au compte...
  7. Linksys Linksys EA6500: Problems with Linksys EA8300

Linksys Linksys EA6500: Problems with Linksys EA8300: Linksys (Routers) Linksys EA6500: Problems with Linksys EA8300 I have a brand spanking new Linksys EA8300 router. Was working fine with both of my Xbox's and all other home devices until today...
  8. Linksys: Bridging Guide/ Entering PPPoE

Linksys: Bridging Guide/ Entering PPPoE: Linksys (Routers): Bridging Guide/ Entering PPPoE Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: leave blank Password: admin Entering PPPoE Open a web browser. Log into the router by...
  9. Linksys: Entering PPPoE

Linksys: Entering PPPoE: Linksys (Routers): Entering PPPoE Linksys EA6500 Login Information Username - admin Password - admin Gateway - 192.168.1.1 Entering PPPoE This feature is unavailable....
  10. Linksys EA6400 only shows one xbox in device list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Linksys EA6400 only shows one xbox in device list: I have a linksys EA 6400 router with 2 xbox consoles connected to it via cat 5e cable. Both wires go through separate switches between the router and the xbox consoles. When both consoles are...