Linksys: Firewall

Discus and support Linksys: Firewall in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Linksys (Routers): Firewall Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: leave blank Password: admin Firewall There are no additional... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hydros, Aug 15, 2014.

1. XB1R Hydros
    XB1R Hydros Guest

Linksys (Routers): Firewall
    Login Information

• Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    • Username: leave blank
    • Password: admin
    Firewall

There are no additional firewall settings on this device.

:)

XB1R Hydros, Aug 15, 2014
  2. XBR Poseidon
    XBR Poseidon Guest

Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.1.1
    • Username - empty
    • Password - admin

*Note* If Cisco Connect was used to configure the router then there are several other options for logging in.

One method is to use Cisco Connect again. To use this, you will have to search for in All Programs in the Start Menu on the computer that you installed the Cisco Connect Software on.

Once the program has started, click where it says change in the section labeled "Router Settings". Your network name and password are listed on the left in the section titled Personalize. From here you can update this information should you choose to by
    clicking on change.

The second method is through a web based utility that you can access through Cisco Connect. To access the web based utility, Choose router settings from the main Cisco Connect menu. Then from the section on the right, click on Advanced Settings. There will
    be a warning that will come up, telling you that this web utility is for expert use only. Click “OK” on this screen.

Firewall

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway (192.168.1.1) into the address bar of an internet browser.
    3. When prompted, enter in "admin" for the user name and "admin" for the password.

*Note* If Cisco Connect was used to configure the router then the password will be your wireless password.
    4. Select Security from the menu at the top.
    5. Disable the SPI Firewall Protection option.
    6. Select Save Settings.

XBR Poseidon, Aug 15, 2014
  3. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

Login Information

• Gateway -

• Username - (blank)
    • Password - admin.

Firewall

1. Log into the router by entering the default gateway (192.168.1.1) into the address bar of an
      internet browser.
    2. The router will then prompt for a user name and password. The default is that user name is “admin” and the password is “admin”.
    3. Select Security from the top menu.
    4. Disable the SPI Firewall Protection option.

XB1R Hades, Aug 15, 2014
  4. Nifty Pope Win User

Just in case someone is having trouble logging in, I had to spell out administrator, not just admin. I think the password may vary.
  5. Timorous Win User

Don't do this. The firmware is not supported nor was it ever production worthy. A home router connected to modem is the first line of defense you have from the outside. There amount of nefarious behavior scanning for home routers is so prolific making
    this advice irresponsible. Do not open any ports not necessary, disable all responses to external queries e.g. Ping, ident, etc. Otherwise, the router is deemed low hanging fruit and will be compromised; guaranteed. This day and age, you should seriously
    consider finding a reputable 3rd party firmware, that is current, maintained and secure by default to flash on your router. It may seem daunting, but it isn't and will answer many "unasked" questions.
  6. taidara Win User

Need help getting an Open NAT with a bridged connection.

Greetings!

Can you confirm that your Linksys WRT160Nv3 is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware. I suggest that you visit Linksys website, to make sure your router's firmware is up-to-date.

What is the make and model of your modem?

Do you have a third party firewall installed on your computer?
  7. Iautorenewedu Win User

100% packet loss

Do you still have the Linksys hooked up? If so you are running through 3 firewalls (depending on which gateway Comcast gave you). If using the Linksys you will want to "bridge" the Comcast gateway. Still though... the Make AND Model would be wonderful to
    know (every gateway, router, modem, stb, avr, tv... etc are different, and use different settings to optimize).

Cheers
  8. SirLagsAlot7 Win User

Random "Disconnected from Xbox Live" events while playing CoD Black Ops 2 and CoD Ghosts

Thanks Mister Beep.

I did check the TC8305C firewall settings a few days ago, and it was set to "Low", but wasn't turned completely off. I will try turning the firewall completely off, as a next experiment.

Here is a note I placed on a companion thread to this one, related to the TC8305C, where "taidara" is the support person (just to keep all of the discussion for our thread up to date, and self-contained):

Thanks for helping, taidara.

A quick question. I have a Linksys router sitting between the Technicolor TC8305C and my Xbox 360 (I've had this configuration for a few years, with no issues until recently). In regards to the subset of steps from the provided
    URL above (listed below), will I need to keep UPnP and Zero Configuration enabled on the TC8305C? I do have UPnP enabled on the Linksys router, not sure about Zero Configuration on the Linksys (or its equivalent, if there is one for Linksys...)

• Access your gateway's web-utility interface.
    • From the menu, select Advanced.
    • From the submenu, select Device Discovery.
    • Make sure UPnP and Zero Configuration is ticked enable.
    • Click Save/Apply.
    • From the menu, select Gateway.
    • From the submenu, select Firewall.
    • Select Custom, and disable the firewall completely.
    • Click Save/Apply.
    • Reboot your TC8305C, and wait for it to connect properly.
    (I will copy-paste this message on the separate thread I have going with Mister Beep, just to keep him in the loop.)

Thanks!!

Thanks!!
Thema:

1. Linksys: Firewall - Similar Threads - Linksys Firewall

2. Linksys: My xbox's connection issue...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Linksys: My xbox's connection issue...: Linksys (Modems/Gateways): My xbox's connection issue... How many other devices are connected to that router? You may have to go into the settings of the router & prioritize the devices....
  3. Linksys: xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi

Linksys: xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi: Linksys (Modems/Gateways): xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi Hello feliciahill1, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We recommend utilizing the article entitled, "Troubleshoot...
  4. Linksys Linksys WRT320N: Xbox live connection

Linksys Linksys WRT320N: Xbox live connection: Linksys (Routers) Linksys WRT320N: Xbox live connection Looks like a problem with the system update. Here is a link to help try the update from the start. Status Code 8007-2AF9 | Error Code...
  5. Linksys Linksys BEFCMU10 v3: Can’t connect Xbox live

Linksys Linksys BEFCMU10 v3: Can’t connect Xbox live: Linksys (Modems/Gateways) Linksys BEFCMU10 v3 (Modem): Can’t connect Xbox live Please check link Restore to Factory Defaults | Xbox One 76d4c962-762c-48b2-94ba-1077e85c1eb7
  6. Linksys Linksys WGA54G: Suppression de gold prélèvements

Linksys Linksys WGA54G: Suppression de gold prélèvements: Linksys (Powerline Adapters) Linksys WGA54G: Suppression de gold prélèvements Désolé de l'entendre. Si votre fils a un abonnement récurrent, vous devez vous connecter son compte ou au compte...
  7. Linksys Linksys EA6500: Problems with Linksys EA8300

Linksys Linksys EA6500: Problems with Linksys EA8300: Linksys (Routers) Linksys EA6500: Problems with Linksys EA8300 I have a brand spanking new Linksys EA8300 router. Was working fine with both of my Xbox's and all other home devices until today...
  8. Linksys: Firewall

Linksys: Firewall: Linksys (Routers): Firewall Login Information Gateway: 192.168.0.1 Username: user Password: (provided by the ISP) (or left blank) Firewall This feature is unavailable on this device...
  9. Linksys: Firewall

Linksys: Firewall: Linksys (Routers): Firewall Linksys EA6500 Login Information Username - admin Password - admin Gateway - 192.168.1.1 Firewall Open a web browser. Log into the router by entering the...
  10. Linksys EA6400 only shows one xbox in device list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Linksys EA6400 only shows one xbox in device list: I have a linksys EA 6400 router with 2 xbox consoles connected to it via cat 5e cable. Both wires go through separate switches between the router and the xbox consoles. When both consoles are...