Live TV Flickers

Discus and support Live TV Flickers in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there I'm having this issue my picture just out of nowhere started flickering and I get no sound but I checked the cable connection and it's fine.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StaggeredWolf65, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Live TV Flickers

Hey there I'm having this issue my picture just out of nowhere started flickering and I get no sound but I checked the cable connection and it's fine. Could it be I need to change it all together. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks

:)

StaggeredWolf65, Nov 16, 2014
  2. MPaullin
    MPaullin Guest
    Live TV Flickers

Also, I'm using Verizon fios on an insignia television.

MPaullin, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Stewartc44
    Stewartc44 Guest
    Live TV Flickers

Having exactly the same issue. Everything was working fine yesterday. Picture goes from live to black every second and a pulsating rate. Sound is unaffected. Comcast with Motorola cable box.

Stewartc44, Nov 16, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Live TV Flickers

Hey there StaggeredWolf65!

Sorry to hear about the flickering issue! Let's start by doing a full power cycle to see if that helps with the issue! Follow each of the steps below:

• Press and hold the power button on the Xbox One console for 10 seconds.
    • Once the unit is powered off, unplug the power cable and HDMI cables from the Xbox One and let it sit for 5 minutes.
    • Plug the power and HDMI cables back into the unit and power the console on.
    Post back and let us know if that helps with the issue! If the issue persists, try using a different HDMI cable to go from the Xbox One console to the cable box.

Mister Beep, Nov 17, 2014
  5. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Live TV Flickers

LOL, awesome.

@MPaullin - this is almost always because of a loose HDMI cable.
  6. Stewartc44 Win User

Live TV Flickers

Figured out my issue. Cat took a bite out of the HDMI cable.

So clearly it has something to do with HDMI signal. Replaced the cable and all is well.
  7. Mister Beep Win User

Live TV Flickers

Hey there StaggeredWolf65!

Sorry to hear about the flickering issue! Let's start by doing a full power cycle to see if that helps with the issue! Follow each of the steps below:

• Press and hold the power button on the Xbox One console for 10 seconds.
    • Once the unit is powered off, unplug the power cable and HDMI cables from the Xbox One and let it sit for 5 minutes.
    • Plug the power and HDMI cables back into the unit and power the console on.
    Post back and let us know if that helps with the issue! If the issue persists, try using a different HDMI cable to go from the Xbox One console to the cable box.
  8. jigmeister Win User

Flickering on live tv

hey is it on sky? I have the same problem.. lags and is not the best quality
  9. MPaullin Win User

Live TV Flickers

Also, I'm using Verizon fios on an insignia television.
Thema:

Live TV Flickers

1. Live TV Flickers - Similar Threads - Live Flickers

2. Redeemed my code but live still doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeemed my code but live still doesn't work: I hope someone can help, so I purchased 12 month xbox live from Walmart, they emailed me the code to redeem, I redeemed it and my xbox live still doesn't work.. 311be739-a627-48a0-9fcd-9d8ecda40599
  3. Linking epic games account to sons new live account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linking epic games account to sons new live account?: Hi all So i have an xbox live account and my son has been using it to play fortnite on for a ling time. Now he has his own live account, which is still on the same console however! He wants to...
  4. XBOX Live does not work

in XBoX on Mobile
    XBOX Live does not work: Hello! I recently have been having an issue where I cannot connect to multiplayer servers on my android device. It always says "You cannot play Online Multiplayer because of how your account is...
  5. xbox live gold membership canceled

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live gold membership canceled: my xbox live gold membership was cancelled after i entered a 12 month gold card and it forced me to turn it into game pass ultimate. at first that didnt bother me but then i realized that my badge...
  6. Modern warfare Warzone Offline/not connected to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Modern warfare Warzone Offline/not connected to Xbox live: Hi Iam getting code CERES also, i have Downloded COD Warfare, and it says offline when entered into the game/main menu error message also diaplays saying “communication with the xbox live...
  7. How do I find out if my Xbox Live Gold codes expire?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I find out if my Xbox Live Gold codes expire?: I was trying to stack my Xbox Live Gold on my account & it converted my first one to Xbox Ultimate Pass. I cancelled my Ultimate Pass to end on last date subscribed. I know i cannot do anything...
  8. Xbox one 4K up scaling via external Onkyo receiver flickers On live tv

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one 4K up scaling via external Onkyo receiver flickers On live tv: hi, I have an up scaling AV receiver.that turns everything into 2160P for my LG 4K tv. i found the picture quality is better than hdmi passthru though the amp, meaning it does a better up scaling...
  9. Live TV with ticker flickering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Live TV with ticker flickering: I am not sure if anyone else is noticing this on channels like ESPN, but the ticker at the bottom of the screen is not displaying consistently. When the text scrolls, it jutters or gets fuzzy....
  10. Xbox Live flickering on and off on XBOX ONE for two days now!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live flickering on and off on XBOX ONE for two days now!!: Cranked up my xbox one elite on Friday evening, looking forward to some weekend gaming, but when the home screen came up I noticed it said I wasn't signed into xbox live. Strange, but figured I'd...