Live TV presses "select" when entering a channel

Discus and support Live TV presses "select" when entering a channel in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, So I have Time Warner Cable running through my Xbox one, and everything works great except for this one minor issue. When a channel is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Eugeane Yackle, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Live TV presses "select" when entering a channel

Hi everyone,

So I have Time Warner Cable running through my Xbox one, and everything works great except for this one minor issue. When a channel is entered on the xbox, it will enter the channel numbers, then press select. The problem is, on Time Warner Cable, this select
    button is unnecessary and brings up a set of options for start over and lookback--features of Time Warner Cable. This menu goes away after a few seconds, so it's not a deal breaker, but I'd prefer if it didn't do it. Is there any way I can get my xbox to just
    enter the numbers, and not send a select command?

:)

Eugeane Yackle, Jun 8, 2014
  2. Skelevader
    Skelevader Guest
    One guide issue with xfinity cable.

I have basic Comcast TV with an xfinity cable tuner. When ever I use One guide to change the channel it brings up the Xfinity TV guide instead and then I have to open one guide again and reselect the channel for it to finally go to that channel. For example,
    if I select channel "107" on the one guide, you see it plug in "10" and the xfinity TV guide pops up with the channel I want in a small window. I then open the one guide again and reselect the channel. This time you see "107" be entered and the xfinity TV
    guide goes away. Does anyone know how I can change it to just go right to the channel I want? Thanks

Skelevader, Jun 8, 2014
  3. Xbox 360 Media Remote TV code

support.xbox.com/.../media-remote

Scan for a TV code

You can send a sequence of codes to from your remote to your TV to find the right code for your TV, if you do not know it.

Turn on your TV and point the media remote toward it.

Press and hold the Mute and 5 buttons simultaneously for two seconds to enter TV programming mode.

Press the Channel Up button repeatedly to send one code per button press from your media remote to your TV. By pressing Channel Up, you advance the code each time.

When the correct code is sent from the media remote to your TV, your TV will turn off. Press the Select button to confirm your code.

If your TV turns off but you then accidently continue to press Channel Up to continue past the correct code, press Channel Down to go back to the correct code. Your TV will turn on again when you go back to the correct code. Press the Select button to confirm
    your code.

LegendaryCorn, Jun 8, 2014
  4. LegendaryCorn Win User

Xbox 360 Media Remote TV code

support.xbox.com/.../media-remote

Scan for a TV code

You can send a sequence of codes to from your remote to your TV to find the right code for your TV, if you do not know it.

Turn on your TV and point the media remote toward it.

Press and hold the Mute and 5 buttons simultaneously for two seconds to enter TV programming mode.

Press the Channel Up button repeatedly to send one code per button press from your media remote to your TV. By pressing Channel Up, you advance the code each time.

When the correct code is sent from the media remote to your TV, your TV will turn off. Press the Select button to confirm your code.

If your TV turns off but you then accidently continue to press Channel Up to continue past the correct code, press Channel Down to go back to the correct code. Your TV will turn on again when you go back to the correct code. Press the Select button to confirm
    your code.
  5. Relnah Win User

Sagemcom DTIW77 HD not recognized for IR-controll

Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately it did not help.

What I did was this (for each code):

• Have set-top box set to channel 1
    • Enter code -> done.
    • Go back out to start screen.
    • Press X to bring up OneGuide.
    • Select channel 2 and press A.
    The xbox switches to TV but does not change the set-top box channel.

Regards,

6. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

Universal Media Remote (Original) Help: Code not work

The list could be incorrect. Try pressing channel up when you need to enter the code and keep pressing up until the tv powers off. I have had similar issues with the old remote and my tv too. I just had to scan for it and it worked.
  7. CoffeeTrack92 Win User

Channel Button on New Xbox Media Remote

Following up on my problem with the Last button, I have since determined that pressing the Select button while watching Live TV will result in a switch back to the previously tuned channel. This is analogous to the function of the Enter button on the old
    universal media remote. Still not sure why the Last button doesn't do this, or what exactly it does, for that matter.
  8. The Buddha Seb Win User

Xbox360 Media Remote Model number:

Hello Jesscollie,

the process needed to set up the remote can be found on the two pages below, but I would sugges scanning for the TV code with the following process

Scan for a TV code

1. Turn on your TV and point the media remote toward it.
    2. Press and hold the Mute and 5 buttons simultaneously for two seconds to enter TV programming mode.
    3. Press the Channel Up button repeatedly to send one code per button press from your media remote to your TV. By pressing
      Channel Up, you advance the code each time.
    4. When the correct code is sent from the media remote to your TV, your TV will turn off. Press the
      Select button to confirm your code.
    If your TV turns off but you then accidently continue to press Channel Up to continue past the correct code, press
    Channel Down to go back to the correct code. Your TV will turn on again when you go back to the correct code. Press the
    Select button to confirm your code.

support.xbox.com/.../media-remote - this one also contains is list of all the codes for TVs

support.xbox.com/.../universal-media-remote

Please come back and let us know if this worked

thanks
Thema:

Live TV presses "select" when entering a channel

1. Live TV presses "select" when entering a channel - Similar Threads - Live presses select

2. How do you clear Xbox Live error codes 121003 and 121010 in the Microsoft Solitaire game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you clear Xbox Live error codes 121003 and 121010 in the Microsoft Solitaire game?: How do you clear Xbox Live error codes 121003 and 121010 in the Microsoft Solitaire game? 9d053b3e-8fd3-4d10-b988-eea9f400008f
  3. Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live: Disconnected from xbox live said '' Your profile cannot connect to xbox live delete and download again '' I delete and download is working fine but will you always be asking for this?...
  4. How would I get my Xbox Live Gold membership if I redeem via Microsoft Rewards?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How would I get my Xbox Live Gold membership if I redeem via Microsoft Rewards?: I'm starting to use the Microsoft Rewards program, and am aiming to get a 3 month Xbox Live Gold membership. When I redeem my points and get the membership, will I be emailed a gift card code or...
  5. Porque não pode fazer live direto para o YouTube??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Porque não pode fazer live direto para o YouTube??: Assim porque não tem a opção de enviar a transmissão direito para o YouTube d14c18e7-81e8-485f-ab0d-88c9239fd210
  6. my xbox live gold not expire, but can't play games online

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    my xbox live gold not expire, but can't play games online: my xbox live gold not expire, but can't play game online. such as gtaol, still remind me to buy it again. f73a964a-f813-49ee-a4ee-8cf59e8518c1
  7. Call about Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call about Xbox live: My account is not working it says i need xbox live but wont open in store i need to talk to somebody please d1e2c3f4-61c5-4f2e-a5ed-28b92fceb991
  8. I'm pressing 'connect to Xbox live' and nothing is happening

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm pressing 'connect to Xbox live' and nothing is happening: I have a 3 month subscription and nothing is happening, I've gone trough the settings and nothing is happening help!! 80de26ce-f057-40ab-812e-985222b5b454
  9. while pressing on the xbox live gold free games subscription page xbox cant open the page

in XBoX on Consoles
    while pressing on the xbox live gold free games subscription page xbox cant open the page: 2 weeks ago i tryed to download the free games of the xbox live gold subscription page. every time i go to the page with my xbox account the page says "sorry, there was a problemopening this page....
  10. Xbox 360 dosen't log into xbox live even though i press sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 dosen't log into xbox live even though i press sign in: Xbox 360 dosen't log into xbox live even though i press sign in it says that xbox live is unavailable. Also something very annoying, for the past week it takes 5 minutes+ to sign into live, or go...