Living in a bandwidth desert. ANd downloading files via non-Xbox Devces

Discus and support Living in a bandwidth desert. ANd downloading files via non-Xbox Devces in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Living in a bandwidth desert. ANd downloading files via non-Xbox Devces Thank you By post that, For Games the Latence of the Networks is more important... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TripleTopper321, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Living in a bandwidth desert. ANd downloading files via non-Xbox Devces

Thank you By post that, For Games the Latence of the Networks is more important with the Download/upload speed

:)

TripleTopper321, Aug 19, 2019
  2. TripleTopper321 Win User

Cellular tethering may be coming, we have it here in the UK and have unlimited data on phones and can connect our xbox's through that, also we have routers that work with a sim card as well so no need for home broadband too, have a word with a few cellular
    providers and ask if any of them offer this service.

I am surprised that you dont have this service available with it being around for a while in the UK.

Regards
    Actual one company has potentially unlimited high speed tethered internet, (meaning as long as the network is empty enough, you got a clear path to 40 Mb/s n, and if busy, you get 8 Mb/s in internet when busy, which sucks for most people, but is an vast
    improvement for me) but they made it so hard that the only people who both can and will connect the dots are the people who truly need it. I guess it's their way of proving you live in an Internet desert. Your land based internet has to be really bad for
    it to be worth jumping through these hoops just to get what you need. And I'm not talking 25 Mb/s DSL bad, It would probably be better to have a consistent 25 Mb/s DSL connection that to squeeze slightly faster speeds on cellular which come in and out and
    live with a penalty speed of 8 Mb/s.

I'm talking 1.5 Mb/s DSL bad. I'm talking accepting "penalty speeds" of 8 Mb/s in 2 Mb/s out, which would be awful for someone with Fiber Optic / Cable TV in their area, but a penalty I'll be happy to live under. If 8 Mb/s is the penalty, call me a hockey
    goon and I'll go Jason on my opponents every opportunity I get, and I'll do better than "playing by the rules". Even when punished in the penalty box, I'm better off.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Unfortunately, you can not download games onto anything else but an Xbox. You could take and external hard drive (minimum of 256 GB and USB 3.0) to a friends house, who has an Xbox and better net speeds, sign in on your account and download using the external
    HDD as the save point for the games. Or take your whole xbox to a friends house etc.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Because they cant cellular connection isnt a broad band connectoon its not meant to be consistent

You have signals going up and down duen to signal traffic b sed in your local area the more in a local area the worse your connection is

Which is why it never worls on large downloads

You cant rewrite physics
  5. Tarnend Win User

Cellular tethering may be coming, we have it here in the UK and have unlimited data on phones and can connect our xbox's through that, also we have routers that work with a sim card as well so no need for home broadband too, have a word with a few cellular
    providers and ask if any of them offer this service.

I am surprised that you dont have this service available with it being around for a while in the UK.

Regards
  6. TripleTopper321 Win User

Unfortunately, you can not download games onto anything else but an Xbox. You could take and external hard drive (minimum of 256 GB and USB 3.0) to a friends house, who has an Xbox and better net speeds, sign in on your account and download using
    the external HDD as the save point for the games. Or take your whole xbox to a friends house etc.
    Unfortunately, If I want to get a faster connection for my Xbox One, I have to BRING m Xbox One AND a TV display to the local library, which is kind of a hassle to do every time there is an update, which can be weekly.

maybe there can be a remote loader, where you request a cryprto key to be loaded on your main hard drive, then you load the opposite key on a USB Flash drive. Unfortunately, my closest Xbox friend lives 30-40 minutes away ialong a freeway in a direction
    we generally do not go towards most of the time
Thema:

1. Living in a bandwidth desert. ANd downloading files via non-Xbox Devces - Similar Threads - Living bandwidth desert

2. Subscribed to Xbox Live Gold - Access for kids

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subscribed to Xbox Live Gold - Access for kids: I subscribed to Xbox Live Gold for my son who has an Xbox. When he logs into his Xbox and tries to connect to Live it says he doesn't have access. How do I assign access? Can I do that through my...
  3. Xbox Live - To play this you will need to buy it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live - To play this you will need to buy it: Hello, I am currently subscribed to Xbox Live Gold and have been playing my downloaded games for weeks. Today I went to access one of these same games and received the following error; "To play...
  4. How do i sign in to my Xbox live account on Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i sign in to my Xbox live account on Xbox 360?: Before i had tried to get in to my Xbox Live account, it kept denying it. How can i sign in? ed03d159-85c2-4c84-a126-3936ed23b406
  5. purchased a xbox live card and needed a gaming card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    purchased a xbox live card and needed a gaming card: how can i exchange xbox live for xbox gaming card 958df291-a51e-4abd-aeb2-79c70330e3c1
  6. Forcing 12 month xbox live to 4 month game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forcing 12 month xbox live to 4 month game pass ultimate: How do override th converting my 12 month live pass to 4 month game pass ultimate when I go to redeem code.? a5e033fb-7413-4484-b9b1-2d18a7651a5c
  7. Xbox live on xbox 360 s fixed!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live on xbox 360 s fixed!: I just got an xbox360 s with a year subscription to xbox live my internet and everything else is connected but xbox live isn't! can someone please help I feel really dumb my friend on Nintendo...
  8. Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts?: I have used Xbox Live for about a decade now and this has never been an issue before. Upon moving out of my family's home and attempting to use our Xbox subscription to play online on my secondary...
  9. Stuttering live TV video and absurd bandwidth usage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuttering live TV video and absurd bandwidth usage: I am having a strange issue. I have an external hard drive attached to my One, and after 5 minutes of the console being turned on, my HHD indicator lights solid, my entire internet is maxed out by...
  10. Stuttering live TV video and absurd bandwidth usage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuttering live TV video and absurd bandwidth usage: I am having a weird issue. I have an external hard drive attached to my One, and after 5 minutes of the console being turned on, my HHD indicator lights solid, my entire internet is maxed out by...