Local and cloud game files; I lost some data

Discus and support Local and cloud game files; I lost some data in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I was loading up Minecraft, and then it said there was two different files, one on my xbox, and one saved in the cloud. I accidentally pressed... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AvidMicrosoftUser, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Local and cloud game files; I lost some data

So, I was loading up Minecraft, and then it said there was two different files, one on my xbox, and one saved in the cloud.

I accidentally pressed cloud, and now I am wondering whether I can retrieve my local game files because it has the worlds I play. The cloud save has nothing.

:)

AvidMicrosoftUser, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Joc Holliday Win User

Accidentally Deleted Progress in RDR2

If you saved over a file and it sync to the cloud. You game progress is lost. You can try running the Xbox Offline and see if your able to load the game from the local file.

If that doesnt work delete the local saved file like Parity said and maybe the cloud didnt catch or sync the saved game progress.
  3. Edwin Hubley Win User

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition goes to black screen when I try to continue a loaded save

You CAN actually delete your save game data locally on your xbox and leave it in the cloud. Go to your games/apps section in dashboard and go to the game in question. There are options to delete the local save game data and save game data in the cloud. You
    can delete local data or delete local and cloud data.
  4. whnjyh Win User

hello there ,

you need to delete the data before you save new data.
    But every time I delete my old local save and open a new game offline, and then choose to use the new local save to overwrite the cloud save when I enter the online game, a lot of files will be automatically downloaded from the cloud, and an error will be
    reported in the game.
  5. jysummers Win User

Resident Evil 7 on Game Pass PC not allowing me to play due to not being able to create a save

Thank you for this @StevenVersteeg!

Deleting the file with the most recent date didn't worked for me. But I did some workaround.

I don't know if everything is the same in all machine but in my machine, there are 3 folders inside the
    wgs folder. Those are:

• 000901FE9E122F24_3137<remaining_28_hex_digits>
    • 000901FE9E122F24_E70C<remaining_28_hex_digits>
    • t

Let us call these folders, "data folders".

Create a folder in Desktop and name it "backup folder".

These are the steps on how I fix my data:

1. Copy the "data folders" into "backup folder". This will serve as the backup.
    2. Delete the "data folders".
    3. Start the game. Since we deleted the "data folders", it will sync from cloud. New folders with same names will be created.
    4. The game will notify that "No saved data exists" and will ask if you want to Create ave data. Select
      "Yes".
    5. Continue with game configuration and Start a New Game.
    6. Once the auto-save triggered, exit the game.
    7. Delete the contents in each folder of "data folders".
    8. Copy the folders from "backup folder" and paste it in
      wgs
      folder. Select "Replace the file in the destination" if the system asks.
    9. Start the game again.
    10. Upon syncing, it will detect that the cloud files are different from the local files and will ask you which one to use: the older (cloud files) or the newer (the local files). Choose the
      older (cloud files).
    11. The data is back.

As a warning, though: some unlocked features, unlocked items, and stats might reset. In my case, I lost the option to play new Madhouse game. The stats for Mr. Everywhere also went back to 0/20. Luckily, I still have the
    Albert-01R and The Secrets of Defense.
  6. iRayDawg Win User

Why does my xbox stay on when I turn it off?

Hey Shadow, Your console is just going into the low power state which allows a cool down and if you are using the cloud then it is updating your cloud saved data since all data that is to be stored on the cloud is locally stored on your xbox until you shut
    it down, in which it uploads the data/save game files to the cloud.. There is no need to worry about this..
Thema:

Local and cloud game files; I lost some data

1. Local and cloud game files; I lost some data - Similar Threads - Local cloud game

2. Possible to overwrite cloud save with old local file?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible to overwrite cloud save with old local file?: To keep things short, after a particularly bad game crash that resulted in my Series X completely shutting down, my game of WWE2K19 began acting as if I'd never played it... which then seemingly...
  3. Corrupt cloud saves overwrite local saves, any way to fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Corrupt cloud saves overwrite local saves, any way to fix?: Yesterday I played Final Fantasy XV on my PC. I shut down my PC soon after I closed the game so the saves were probably not properly synced to cloud. I returned home and tried to play FFXV on my...
  4. Which one do you want to use? Locally saved vs. cloud saved game data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which one do you want to use? Locally saved vs. cloud saved game data?: I received a "message when your console has newer or different locally saved data than what’s saved in the cloud, usually after you play offline". I was "given the choice of which saved data to...
  5. Streaming is not working for me I set up the whole thing to use local streaming (not cloud)...

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming is not working for me I set up the whole thing to use local streaming (not cloud)...: I set up the whole thing to use local streaming (not cloud) and every time I try to set up a new console but I get told it's not in my ring or region but I live in the US of A submitted by...
  6. Minecraft world syncing issues (cloud & local)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft world syncing issues (cloud & local): Hi, I am currently having major issued with my minecraft world that ive been working on for days. I started the world about a week ago on my console, then signed into my account on my friends and...
  7. 选择本地或云端档案,误丢失游戏档案 [Translate] Choose a local or cloud profile and lose your game profile by...

in XBoX on Consoles
    选择本地或云端档案,误丢失游戏档案 [Translate] Choose a local or cloud profile and lose your game profile by...: Xbox one地平线4打开时,窗口让选择本地或云端档案,选了时间最新但进度空白的本地档案,之后让创建玩家信息。有办法找回吗? [Translate by Mod] When Xbox one Horizon 4 opens, the window lets you select a local or cloud profile, select a local profile...
  8. Can I choose between Cloud Saves or Local Saves for my games? Can I access these files?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I choose between Cloud Saves or Local Saves for my games? Can I access these files?: If so is there any documentation on how to go about finding and selecting those files and placing them in the game files? Metro Exodus can be an example. I've seen a window pop up before asking...
  9. Changing from local storage to cloud storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing from local storage to cloud storage: I was playing Forza Horizon 4 and i had to choose between local and cloud storage i clicked local but it was a old save is the any way to change my save from local to cloud? because i cant find it...
  10. Xbox uses cloud save instead of asking me if I want to use local or cloud save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox uses cloud save instead of asking me if I want to use local or cloud save: So I have been playing a game offline for a few weeks without any problems. Then i play it online, and it syncs my data without asking which save i want to use. I know theres no way to get my data...