Local Game Streaming to PC via Console Companion Has Improved

Discus and support Local Game Streaming to PC via Console Companion Has Improved in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I know I can only provide anecdotal evidence, and there are many many factors that could be in play. I want to document a change in performance that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OldNeb, Jan 17, 2020.

1. /u/OldNeb
    /u/OldNeb Guest

I know I can only provide anecdotal evidence, and there are many many factors that could be in play.

I want to document a change in performance that may or may not mean anything.

In December I experienced a change in streaming performance from my Xbox to my Windows 10 PC using the console companion.

The diagnostic of the console companion showed that my data rate was dropping to zero on a regular basis. I did a decent amount of testing on my network hardware and PC settings.

Today, Jan 17, 2020 I am able to stream at high quality with no hiccups. Of course many things could have happened including Windows updates or a mouse tripping over an ethernet cable.

If this post is not helpful I hope it is at least not detrimental.

submitted by /u/OldNeb
    [link] [comments]

/u/OldNeb, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Niko1664 Win User

xbox one to PC

Just an HDMI cable or you can stream your Xbox one on the same network at home from the console to the PC via the companion app.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Streaming por HDMI

Hi Jos158,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Unfortunately you cannot plug in the Xbox One into your laptop and use the laptop as a display. Also there is no app or program that would convert the HDMI port on your laptop to an input source rather than an output source.

Your only option would be to use the game streaming through the Xbox Console Companion app. I would re over these two support articles on how to improve streaming:

I hope this helps!
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox console companion (PC): Kicked from Party Chat repeatedly

5. XBF Chris J Win User

How to stop getting "xbox app has lost connection to console" mid-game...???

Hello IonGetTiredBoi,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. Just to clarify, you are streaming games from the Xbox one to your Windows 10 laptop. Correct? If so, you should look into this troubleshooting link for assistance : Troubleshooting
    Xbox Console Companion app game streaming on Windows 10

I would start by attempting to increase the performance of game streaming by following the guidance on this link : Improve Xbox Console
    Companion app for Windows 10 game streaming performance.

Hope this helps!
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Blur with the Xbox Stream option to PC

Hi there Alex,

Thanks for the reply and update to the issue with streaming from console to PC. To help clarify the issue a bit more:

• What type of network connection are you using on the devices? (Xbox/ PC)
    • Have you tested the speed on both devices? (Xbox/PC)

I recommend to try the following articles for more troubleshooting:

Let us know the results so we may further assist.
Thema:

1. Local Game Streaming to PC via Console Companion Has Improved - Similar Threads - Local Game Streaming

2. Game streaming on local network with non-Bluetooth controller?

in XboX Insiders
    Game streaming on local network with non-Bluetooth controller?: So I would love to carry on playing Xbox whilst my wife watches some reality rubbish on TV. However, I only have an older style non-Bluetooth controller. Is there any way I can use the game...
  3. Games not functioning after clearing local saved data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games not functioning after clearing local saved data: So after clearing local saved games on my One X, Forza Horizon 4 no longer gets past the title screen and Red Dead 2 doesn't get past the account picker (which is before its menu screen). Before...
  4. Question about games localization

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about games localization: So, I wanted to replay FO3 and New Vegas but the games I currently own have a terrible localization. I considered buying them again after changing the console region to US/UK, but apparently you...
  5. Clearing local saved games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clearing local saved games: I am confused on what would happen if a selected "Clear local Saved Games" while I'm trying to clear up space on my Xbox. Will I have to re-download all my games? I don't understand it so if you...
  6. CZ localization on Exclusive Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CZ localization on Exclusive Games: Why they do not have exclusive games for the Czech Republic Cz localization. On xbox360 games like Gears of war, Fable2 etc. They contained Cz localization. Today exclusive titles do not have it....
  7. New feature suggestion: local coop gaming for non coop games with a multiplayer element

in XboX Insiders
    New feature suggestion: local coop gaming for non coop games with a multiplayer element: Now of course I don't expect this to be easily implemented but with more and more game producers not facilitating local co-op due to what is widely seen as performance issues or lack of demand,...
  8. Outer Worlds Xbox (Beta) - No longer able to load local save games

in XBoX on Windows
    Outer Worlds Xbox (Beta) - No longer able to load local save games: Hi I've been playing for a few hours and after quitting (the proper way) I am suddenly unable to load my locally saved games. I tried relaunching and this time even though the save game sync...
  9. 选择本地或云端档案,误丢失游戏档案 [Translate] Choose a local or cloud profile and lose your game profile by...

in XBoX on Consoles
    选择本地或云端档案,误丢失游戏档案 [Translate] Choose a local or cloud profile and lose your game profile by...: Xbox one地平线4打开时,窗口让选择本地或云端档案,选了时间最新但进度空白的本地档案,之后让创建玩家信息。有办法找回吗? [Translate by Mod] When Xbox one Horizon 4 opens, the window lets you select a local or cloud profile, select a local profile...
  10. Game localization

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game localization: Hey. Why Microsoft stoped translating their games into a Russian? We have subs and text translation but we haven't Russian voice acting. It's so sad =( 6e6da93d-700d-4bf3-a666-4dd5c51989a7