Local multiplayer

Discus and support Local multiplayer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Currently I have a gold subscription and 2 profiles share it. Id like to be able to play Deep Rock Galactic with one person on PC and one on Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rock & Stone, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Local multiplayer

Currently I have a gold subscription and 2 profiles share it.

Id like to be able to play Deep Rock Galactic with one person on PC and one on Xbox Console in my home.

I thought I could do this buy purchasing DRG through steam and my (already owned) Xbox version but that doesn't work, so I refunded the steam version.

If I buy a gold subscription for the 2nd Live account, will that let us run the game at the same time on both devices because its 2 different Gold subs?

When I run DRG on Console and try to use the PC, or vice versa, it will sign out one device because gold is being shared.

Also if having 2 gold accounts eliminates this problem, will the second live profile need to purchase the game again as well? I would think so because thats not the case right now, but If so, then the better way to go would buy 2 copies for PC through Steam instead of 2 copies and 2 gold subs to do the same thing....

:)

Rock & Stone, Aug 2, 2021
  2. AceofBair Win User

Local multiplayer

No, it doesn't and the most irritating part is that, even for the 2HG, both players at that console have to have Gold Memberships. This is stupid.
  3. maxen Win User

Local Multiplayer?

There are not really that many Xbox One games where you can play same-screen multiplayer, but there are a few. It's one area where I personally would also like to see more games.

If you look at the Store on the console games supporting this are indicated by saying "1-2 people/Xbox One" or "1-4 people/Xbox One" etc. Unfortunately the Store on the website (http://store.xbox.com) does
    not yet show that information.

Here's an example of a few:

Rayman Legends (multiple players on screen completing levels, plus a football/soccer minigame);

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (one game mode is available in two-player split-screen);

Forza Motorsport 5;

Call of Duty: Ghosts (probably the same for Advanced Warfare - two players can 1v1 locally or split the screen and go online together);

Chariot; and

Diablo 3 (supports up to 4 players on-screen).

There are probably a few more that I've forgotten. I expect Worms Battlegrounds also allows for same-screen multiplayer but I'm not 100% certain.

There are also more coming out, especially some ID@Xbox games, for instance IDARB and a few others that should be releasing in the months to come.

I hope this information is of value to you. Let us know if you have more questions about this, or anything else on the console.
  4. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

Local multiplayer

My son's only just gotten into mp gaming with me at 7 :)
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Local multiplayer

Also, any games you may own on disc contain information related to how many players the game is for/can be for on the back of the box/case for the game. For example, NHL 19 says its Xbox Single Player, Multiplayer, and Co-Op (meaning local and solo play)
    while also being Xbox Live Multiplayer and Co-Op (meaning there is online.)
  6. denis97g Win User

Local multiplayer

I see, unfortunately those are the only ways.
Thema:

Local multiplayer

1. Local multiplayer - Similar Threads - Local multiplayer

2. Is it possible to use remote play for local multiplayer?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to use remote play for local multiplayer?: I'm planning to play with a friend using game streaming. Is it possible to connect 2 controllers to my PC and play splitscreen Halo for example? Or does remote play coop multiplayer only work with...
  3. XBox Cloud Gaming Local Multiplayer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Cloud Gaming Local Multiplayer?: Hello, I just got the Xbox game pass ultimate, and had a question regarding cloud gaming. When using it, are any games local multiplayer? For example, would Halo: Master Chief Collection allow...
  4. Want to play multiplayer locally

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Want to play multiplayer locally: I've searched and can't find the answer. Everything I've found talks about offline but still needs the internet, which is fine. Basically I want my kids to be able to play Halo 2 together split...
  5. Modern Warfare Local Multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern Warfare Local Multiplayer: Modern Warefare local multiplayer won't work. I don't have xbox live and don't plan on getting it. I am however connected to the internet. I just want to play local offline multiplayer. I have...
  6. Help. Profiles won’t load in minecraft multiplayer local or realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help. Profiles won’t load in minecraft multiplayer local or realms: I play Xbox Minecraft with my son and daughter. And after the new update there’s a problem loading our profiles. When we try to play multiplayer local on the world only the person signed in has...
  7. Halo 5 local multiplayer with non-Gold accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo 5 local multiplayer with non-Gold accounts: I've added my kids' xbox accounts to my Family setup on Xbox.com, but can't add them to my Halo 5 fireteam. They have Xbox Live accounts, but only I have a Gold account, and my Xbox One is set as...
  8. Xbox OneS Local Minecraft multiplayer bugs, vanishing items, player data lost, limited play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox OneS Local Minecraft multiplayer bugs, vanishing items, player data lost, limited play: Vanishing items: My husband and I have been playing on this world for 4 weeks. I am the host of the world, he connects his remote and we play split screen. Items he stores away in a chest vanish...
  9. XBOX ONE S - Unable to play local multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE S - Unable to play local multiplayer: I got an xbox one s for my kids and in order to give them some variety from the games we purchased, I downloaded a number of free games from the store (Hexic, Doritos Crash Course). I have two...
  10. What is "Xbox Live Local Multiplayer"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is "Xbox Live Local Multiplayer"?: What exactly is Xbox Live Local Multiplayer? Is it like the old System Link? I want to play multiplayer on 2 separate consoles in the same house. Do you need Gold for it to work? Will it work...