Local storage clear?

Discus and support Local storage clear? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! Sorry to bother everyone but i was curious. For refrence, i lost my minecraft worlds, they said they had trouble syncing or got corrupted so i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Talkiestgolf170, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Local storage clear?

Hello! Sorry to bother everyone but i was curious. For refrence, i lost my minecraft worlds, they said they had trouble syncing or got corrupted so i went and asked reddit someone told me that settings>system>clear local saved games worked for them. I have
    a gold membership and am not sure how i access my cloud to make sure if i clear them i wont lose data on anything.

Is he even telling the truth, or am i getting my leg pulled? Because i dont want to take one random persons advice and get my progress messed up on everything. (i dont know if its important but i have 28.5 of 780.9 GB of storage at the moment with no external
    hard drive). any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

:)

Talkiestgolf170, Aug 30, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Local storage clear?

Hey there Talkiestgolf170,

We can definitely understand the concern with loosing data when clearing your local saved games. Doing this is a pretty common troubleshooting step that we take, and the short answer is that this will remove game data that is saved locally to your consoles
    hard drive but it does not delete any of your game save data on the cloud storage.

As mentioned on the support article:
    Manage Storage on Xbox One

"When you’re connected to Xbox Live, your saved games and any personal data for your games and apps are automatically stored on both your Xbox and in the cloud. That way, you don’t lose game position when you play at a friend’s house or get a new
    Xbox
    ."

The steps that you would be going through would be as follows:

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System >
      Storage.
    3. In the left column, select:
      • Clear local saved games. This deletes games saved to your hard drive, but they’ll still be saved to the cloud.
    This will delete game saved data and not the games themselves, also once you have done this and re launch the game you will notice that all your data is gonna be synced from the cloud.

I hope this helps.
  3. {Parity} Win User

Local storage clear?

Remember if the cloud storage has been corrupted you will lose everything. However, if it both saves have been corrupted you are going to have to start over anyway.
  4. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

All of my Xbox360 games on xbox one wont connect to Xbox live.

Do you get an error code? Is it 80151906?

Also, have you tried clearing the local 360 storage by going to Settings -> System -> Storage, and then "Clear local Xbox 360 storage"?
  5. taidara Win User

Clearing cache

You will actually need 514 MB (as a minimum) of free space on your local storage device, and not the cache memory of your local storage device. When you setup cloud storage on your Xbox 360, it'll create a "local cache" of 514 MB of your storage device.

Please read: http://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/cloud-save-games
  6. {Parity} Win User

Changing from local storage to cloud storage

When you chose local storage then it most like synced with the cloud overwriting the data stored there so you won't be able to recover it.
Thema:

Local storage clear?

1. Local storage clear? - Similar Threads - Local storage clear

2. local repair idea

in XBoX on Consoles
    local repair idea: I have a idea about xbox one console . I think Microsoft should allow local pc stores to repair xbox one consoles . I have another idea I think Xbox one consoles should have a Diagnostic tool so...
  3. ES-MX Gears 5: Localization Missing

in XboX Insiders
    ES-MX Gears 5: Localization Missing: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  4. Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source: I have about a dozen XBox One consoles in a game room that will never have internet access. They are connected to a LAN, but not the internet. I need to be able to update them regularly. I know...
  5. Local Caches

in XBoX on Consoles
    Local Caches: I was just playing assassin's Creed Rogue when i got a notification saying "Local Cache Full" I started searching when i saw answers which say something about resetting the console soft and hard...
  6. Local Gamers,Regions,Areas

in XBoX Accessibility
    Local Gamers,Regions,Areas: Does anyone knows how the Xbox Ambassador applies to international regions, I usually travel to central américa; where I play along with my friends there , whom also happen to have Xbox and we...
  7. Changing from local storage to cloud storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing from local storage to cloud storage: I was playing Forza Horizon 4 and i had to choose between local and cloud storage i clicked local but it was a old save is the any way to change my save from local to cloud? because i cant find it...
  8. how to download windows updates onto xbox360. Always says cant download into local storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to download windows updates onto xbox360. Always says cant download into local storage: <p>even though have external storage</p><p></p> cfe004ac-0bec-468c-b8c3-952f57c7ed0a
  9. Odd pop-up message: Local storage space for achievements...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Odd pop-up message: Local storage space for achievements...: This might be a bad translation of message that started poping up for me tonight(My dashboard is finnish): Local storage space for achievements is full, please connect to xbox live... And...
  10. If I clear local Xbox 360 storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I clear local Xbox 360 storage...: If I clear Xbox 360 storage from my Xbox One S will it clear a profile that was originally made on my old 360 but is being used on the Xbox One S? bb9e3e6e-cfdf-4ac7-8d50-c730db3c6381