Locating Driver for X-Box Wireless Controller USB Dongle

Discus and support Locating Driver for X-Box Wireless Controller USB Dongle in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yo! I'm on my second wireless USB dongle (someone I know accidentally completely crushed my previous) and now that I've gotten quite a good amount of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bane_, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Bane_
    Bane_ Guest

Yo! I'm on my second wireless USB dongle (someone I know accidentally completely crushed my previous) and now that I've gotten quite a good amount of use out of it, I've found one MAJOR problem! When I turned on my computer a few days ago, I received a notification on windows saying that whatever USB device I had plugged in was not being recognized and that I should plug it in again and that if the message still occurred, it would have been a malfunction of the USB itself. I've done quite a bit of digging myself and have come to the conclusion that somehow at sometime, the driver for my controller has been completely uninstalled! I have no idea how it happened, but have set out on an adventure to fix it. I've scoured the interwebs for the driver itself and cannot to find any such thing. I've checked the Microsoft page with all it's 30 pages of free drivers and couldn't find it there either... or I passed it and am just blind. I'm thinking of just going to the store to pick up another one, but would love to find the answer anyways just in case anything like this happens again. Thanks a million to anyone who can and is willing to help and hope this finds you well!

P.S. I'm missing being able to hear ANY sound from my computer through my arctic headset at the moment since its the only headset I have, or being able to play games with my controller through the dongle just for some context of my pain!

:)

Bane_, Nov 25, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The drivers are built into Windows
  3. Eletricdrum Win User

4. ArminatorX Win User

Does a USB Bluetooth dongle work with an Xbox?

If it's an "off the shelf" Bluetooth dongle, then no.

In order to work, an USB device needs specific drivers, so the computer or console knows which kind of data is coming in through the USB Port.

Since you can't install additional drivers on a Xbox console, you'll have to live with those drivers that come with the console, and that is without a basic Bluetooth stack.

So no, you can't simply plug in a Bluetooth dongle hoping the headset will work.

You will need specific Xbox Licensed headsets to work wireless on the Xbox One. Or simply get a standard 3.5mm headset and connect that to your wireless controller.

Or get a wireless headset that has it's own wireless base station that connects to the physical audio output of the Xbox One (i.e. optical TOSLINK), and gets power through the USB Port. But currently, no audio is put out via USB. Then the headset's base
    station transmits the sound via it's own proprietary wireless protocol, or if the Base Station supports it, Bluetooth.
  5. D43D4L14N X1 Win User

Wireless USB Keyboard with xbox one

It is recommended to use Microsoft Wired Keyboard, as wireless adapter for keyboard will interfere with Xbox One's internal wireless adapter for Controllers or WiFi, and Xbox One does not have drivers for keyboard wireless dongle.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptateur sans fil Xbox pour Windows 10

No, not necessarily. The Xbox One Wireless adapter has extra functionality, but for basic wireless use you can connect via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth a BT dongle can be purchased for less than $10/€7.

Note that the Xbox One controllers can also be connected via USB cable. The Xbox One uses a Micro USB cable, Series X controllers are USB C.
Thema:

1. Locating Driver for X-Box Wireless Controller USB Dongle - Similar Threads - Locating Driver Box

2. Stuck on 'locating server' trying to join a friends world Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuck on 'locating server' trying to join a friends world Minecraft: So a group of friends and I made and play on a Minecraft bedrock world, they play on PS4 and I'm on PC. Everything was fine until one day I tried to join and randomly got stuck on the locating...
  3. Locate games already installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locate games already installed: So I did a system wipe recently and I can't find a way to make the Xbox app locate games already installed. They were installed on my F drive and are still there. I don't feel like redownloading 4...
  4. Minecraft Bedrock Edition - Locating Server issue unique to user

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition - Locating Server issue unique to user: We have a family Minecraft world we play on through a local network. The host is on Minecraft Bedrock for PC, the other devices are iOS and Android. One user on iOS stopped being able to play on...
  5. "This location isn't set up for installing games"

in XBoX on Windows
    "This location isn't set up for installing games": I have upgraded to windows 11, we moved the hard-drive from the old pc into the new one, and i try and install my xbox games. But the same error message keeps popping up on my drive (that i save...
  6. Changing download location on the xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing download location on the xbox app: Whenever I try to switch locations to download (Windows C:) to a external drive (D:) it shows that it switched in the storage section but when I get out of settings it changes back. I have already...
  7. Game Pass game's save location?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass game's save location?: I am trying to play Phoenix Point but it keeps getting "An error has occurred while writing" when i try to save or load. when i start the game, it works just fine for a while then i cant make...
  8. XBOX Gamepass PC not letting me change install location

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Gamepass PC not letting me change install location: I have searched for a fix on this for ages and still cant find one. To put it short what is happening is when I attempt to change the location of install on my PC from anything other that my C:...
  9. Where is Subnautica Below Zero save file location?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is Subnautica Below Zero save file location?: Hi. I was wondering, where is save file location for subzero? I play it with Xbox game pass ultimate, but if i want to change to steam version of the game, can i get my save file with me?...
  10. Can't change install location on Xbox app for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change install location on Xbox app for pc: So I i'm trying to install a game that I just bought on my D: drive but whenever I try to change it in the install prompt nothing changes it still installs to C: So then I tried searching for it...