Locating Server~ Minecraft

Discus and support Locating Server~ Minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I try to join my friends Minecraft game, it just says locating server. They have tried to join my game, and it has also said locating... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NancyKitchen, Aug 14, 2019.

1. NancyKitchen
    NancyKitchen Guest

Every time I try to join my friends Minecraft game, it just says locating server. They have tried to join my game, and it has also said locating server. I am able to join other people, and we can both get on the general servers, but no one can get on my
    friend's game. Both of our NAT's are open, and we've both uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft. Prior to this problem, we were able to join each other's games, but I dont have a clue as to what changed. What would either of us have to do to be able to join
    each others' games?

:)

NancyKitchen, Aug 14, 2019
  2. MDG o CROWN o Win User

You can verify that your console or that of your friend are not in the insider program and some of them have a beta version installed
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issue.

From your description, it sounds like the issue might be stemming from your friend's saved world since you can both join general servers, you can join other friend's servers, and nobody else seems to be able to join your friend's personal server.

What device is your friend playing on? Have either of you create a new world for testing to see if you can join each other at all?

It could be that the world is corrupted and hangs when trying to join multiplayer.

I would also recommend a hard reboot of both devices.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Minecraft stuck on locating server

Hello Marshall,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issues connecting to worlds. Have you tried shutting down the PC completely, click start, power option and shut down. When you restart try to launch the game again and see if connects. If that doesn't
    work try and
    uninstall and reinstall the game

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Miku Sakuya Win User

Minecraft stuck on locating server

Could be a simple bug or possibly just really a game reset but maybe you wanna also try uninstalling and reinstalling if it continues I'd try and contact support
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Minecraft Servers Xbox One S

Hello there!

Unfortunately, such worlds cannot be found on the console as some of these worlds were created on a PC and are not compatible to the Xbox One console.

On the console, users send their friends invites to user created worlds/servers that are only available to console users. In this instance, Crazy Pig is a server that was created on the PC.

This MCXONE: Servers website located at the Minecraft Forums
    details Xbox One specific servers.

Try this out and let us know if there as an option to join the servers listed there.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. Locating Server~ Minecraft - Similar Threads - Locating Server~ Minecraft

2. Have a question about The HULU app and The IHEARTRADIO app about changing my location in...

in XboX Insiders
    Have a question about The HULU app and The IHEARTRADIO app about changing my location in...: I have a question about the HULU app and the IHEARTRADIO app some other member of the insider program program told be I could try changing my location in the store on my Xbox one x so I could try...
  3. Locating server issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locating server issues: My friend and I just beat the ender dragon and exploring the end city when he just disconnected. We tried over and over to get my friends back in but it wouldnt work we tried uninstalling but it...
  4. Xbox one X randomly disconnects from Xbox Live in specific locations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X randomly disconnects from Xbox Live in specific locations: Hello For the past two weeks my Xbox one X has been repeatly disconnected from Xbox Live when doing, well, anything. Games I've been playing when this has occurred are: Grand theft auto V (in...
  5. location

in XBoX Accessibility
    location: Can I see where my xbox 360 live gold subscription is being accessed from beyond my home location be2d43b1-a05c-45dd-88d5-77716d419b8a
  6. Can't Join Friend's World After Entering End city in Minecraft; Locating Server bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Join Friend's World After Entering End city in Minecraft; Locating Server bug: My friend plays on an iPad and created a world for us to play on and we made a lot of progress and made it to The End even defeating the Ender Dragon and decided to go to the End City. My friend...
  7. Freezing in one location.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Freezing in one location.: I have been playing Oblivion for a long time, I am at the nines trying to retrieve the shield at Bulwark, I have been inside a few times, but now when I try to go back in, my Xbox 360 freezes when...
  8. Xbox (beta) for PC App causing micro stutters and games saves location "Nightmare".

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox (beta) for PC App causing micro stutters and games saves location "Nightmare".: All - Let me start by saying that I've been using the service for almost 2 months now, at the beginning was great then I found some deal breaking issues that just made me cancel my subscription....
  9. Minecraft stuck on locating server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft stuck on locating server: Hello, My girlfriend and I made a minecraft world on a PC on the windows 10 edition and have been playing on it for a while. Yesterday however, she(the host) could join the world, but mine just...
  10. Locating server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locating server: when trying to load into a friends game on minecraft xbox live edition it just sits on locating server, and theres enough space on the xbox c37a07df-db45-4262-bfd2-073f1d588212