Locating server (Minecraft)

Discus and support Locating server (Minecraft) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have restarted my pc and uninstalled then reinstalled the game many times yet the game is just saying locating server every time I want to join a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Derpyquestion mark, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Locating server (Minecraft)

I have restarted my pc and uninstalled then reinstalled the game many times yet the game is just saying locating server every time I want to join a friend's server, its been doing this for months now, I've waited on 2 updates and yet it still does it,
    What do I do?

:)

Derpyquestion mark, Apr 10, 2020
  2. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Locating Server~ Minecraft

You can verify that your console or that of your friend are not in the insider program and some of them have a beta version installed
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issue.

From your description, it sounds like the issue might be stemming from your friend's saved world since you can both join general servers, you can join other friend's servers, and nobody else seems to be able to join your friend's personal server.

What device is your friend playing on? Have either of you create a new world for testing to see if you can join each other at all?

It could be that the world is corrupted and hangs when trying to join multiplayer.

I would also recommend a hard reboot of both devices.
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there NancyKitchen

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums community for advice on how hopefully to get connected to your friend's game. I can understand how this could totally dampen your gaming experience.

Is this the only game you guys are having problems with?

I would say that is the case, I would definitely try getting in touch with
    Mojang's support
    directly as they would have the best info as to whether or not there's something up with their servers.

When you get a chance, get in contact with them and let us know if that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  5. NancyKitchen Win User

Neither of us have the insider program on the consoles that we are using (xbox one). We have also rebooted both of our consoles, and it still has not worked, and we have both stated new games, and are not able to join them.
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Minecraft stuck on locating server

Hello,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread.
    We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
Thema:

Locating server (Minecraft)

1. Locating server (Minecraft) - Similar Threads - Locating server Minecraft

2. Stuck on Locating Server help!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuck on Locating Server help!!: Hi there. Both of my sons play Minecraft, one on the switch and one on the PC (Windows 10 Bedrock). The one on the Switch enters one of his worlds and his friends join no problem (from Xboxs,Pcs...
  3. Minecraft on Xbox One stuck on "Locating Server"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on Xbox One stuck on "Locating Server": Everytime I try to join a friend's world in Minecraft (or even if he invites me) , my game starts loading and then stays stuck on "Locating Server". My friend plays on Xbox One too and we both...
  4. Stuck on locating server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuck on locating server: Hello i have been trying for the past 2 days to join my friends world on ps4 when i try to join i just get stuck on locating server i have tried restarting my ps4 and i uninstalled and reinstalled...
  5. Locating server glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locating server glitch: I have tried joining my friends on mincraft and it just says locating server i have tried resetting my PlayStation. deleting and reinstalling the app, signing in and out of my Microsoft account...
  6. Minecraft Locating Server Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Locating Server Issue: When trying to join friends world on xbox I get stuck on locating server. My other xbox friends are able to join world while i get stuck with this screen issue. So far I have deleted and...
  7. Minecraft bedrock cross platform locating server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock cross platform locating server: My friends can join eachother but when i try to join it just get stuck on locating server and never does anything im struggling and ive reinstalled my game and my console, btw im on a ps4 and they...
  8. Locating Server~ Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locating Server~ Minecraft: Every time I try to join my friends Minecraft game, it just says locating server. They have tried to join my game, and it has also said locating server. I am able to join other people, and we can...
  9. Can't Join Friend's World After Entering End city in Minecraft; Locating Server bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Join Friend's World After Entering End city in Minecraft; Locating Server bug: My friend plays on an iPad and created a world for us to play on and we made a lot of progress and made it to The End even defeating the Ender Dragon and decided to go to the End City. My friend...
  10. Minecraft stuck on locating server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft stuck on locating server: Hello, My girlfriend and I made a minecraft world on a PC on the windows 10 edition and have been playing on it for a while. Yesterday however, she(the host) could join the world, but mine just...