Locked out of gamer tag

Discus and support Locked out of gamer tag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So frustrating, My son has been locked out of his gamer tag for over a month and about to throw this xbox in the garbage and get a PlayStation. Ive... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EricLibrandi, Jun 11, 2019.

1. EricLibrandi
    EricLibrandi Guest

Locked out of gamer tag

So frustrating, My son has been locked out of his gamer tag for over a month and about to throw this xbox in the garbage and get a PlayStation. Ive contacted support a number of times and nobody can help. He created the profile years ago and never had
    to sign in then one day it asked him for his password which he couldn't remember and when he tried to log in to many times it locked him out. We dont have the same cell phone number we used to set it up and we tried to recover the account countless times.
    At this point he's feeling like its not even worth it to start playing games again because all his data is lost. This is a really bad system that Microsoft has created and should be fixed asap. Has anyone here been able to actually speak with someone at Microsoft
    about this and get it resolved ?

:)

EricLibrandi, Jun 11, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Locked out of gamer tag

The only ones that can assist is
    Xbox Support

The best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Locked out of gamer tag

Hello Eric,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend trying what the other ambassadors suggested. You can also try and fill out an

escalation form
    . If the profile is on the console you own now it will be helpful. You can also try the

lost account solution
    . There are a few things to note when doing this.

1. Make sure to fill out the account recovery form as complete as possible. There are a few main points you want name, birthdate, purchases, gamer tag and device id.
    2. Name and birthdate are simple. It will ask if you ever made purchases, select yes than Xbox.
    3. Once it asks for gamer tag it will then ask for device ID, this can be found in settings>system>console info> Xbox live device ID. This usually starts with the letters FD.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. IQuietQI Win User

Locked out of gamer tag

Sorry to hear about that. Are u able to log in online at Microsoft.com or are you locked out as well. I would recommend a fixing the setting on you account if u are able to get on then contact Microsoft again and see what they can help you with. Sorry
    if this don't help I'm not sure just giving you options
  5. Listed mia 510 Win User

Inactive GamerTags

^ um it had to have been spelled just one letter different and you must not have noticed.

A retired gamer tag gets a lock out for ten years. This is to ensure the user enough to too reclaim what's theirs.

I never heard anything about a policy change and the gamer tags now never being unlocked but I would not doubt it.

The very first gamer tags that had been canceled would most likely just barely be being unlocked.
  6. Saeleth Win User

Gamertag Taken??

It could be a name that is locked, or inactive. I would advise you reach out to MS Customer Support as they should be able to provide a definite answer and if it is available assist you in changing your gamer tag :)
Thema:

Locked out of gamer tag

1. Locked out of gamer tag - Similar Threads - Locked gamer tag

2. Minecraft skin pack suddenly locked up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft skin pack suddenly locked up: A while back, I purchased the Minecraft Windows 10 edition starter pack, and with it, got Minecraft coins. I used some of the coins to by the skin pack Nebula HD. I've been using the skin pack for...
  3. Xbox One Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Texture Pack Locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Texture Pack Locked: A while ago I bought the Pure BDCraft Texture Pack, and earlier today it was working fine, but now it, along with the Halfling's Burrow Template, are locked. So, why are two things that I BOUGHT...
  4. Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 - Cannot connect to server after dedicated host pc gets locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 - Cannot connect to server after dedicated host pc gets locked: My current setup to host this game is I have a Virtual Machine running on a hypervisor server (using Hyper-V), this VM runs Windows 10. I start up the game and host the server, the only way I...
  5. Blokada rodzicielska w xbox360 [Translation - Parental lock in Xbox360]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blokada rodzicielska w xbox360 [Translation - Parental lock in Xbox360]: Czy ktos wie jak wylaczyc ta kontrole rodzicielskom bez kodu? ------ [Mod Translation - Does anybody know how to disable this parental controls without a code?]...
  6. My original thread was locked before an answer. 1 day suspension 3 years ago, but I would...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My original thread was locked before an answer. 1 day suspension 3 years ago, but I would...: My original thread was locked before a correct answer for some reason. In april 2016 I got an xbox suspension for 24 hours that I never got to the bottom of. I have some free time so I thought I...
  7. child locked out of account

in XBoX Accessibility
    child locked out of account: my son locked out of xbox account. because entered password to many times. need to recover it d06ff742-d87a-46d2-8ba6-9b09bf076f1f
  8. My Xbox account has been locked for no reason

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account has been locked for no reason: my account [PI removed by Mod] has been locked for no reason idk why but it is 8f245851-9e83-4943-8566-ed52351525f5
  9. im locked out i cant sign in my gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    im locked out i cant sign in my gamer tag: I need help can not sign in error code 0x800706ba 68d6b661-f616-4868-96b1-662af2444b9d
  10. please help!!!!!! locked out my real account and cant get access to my gamer score , games ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    please help!!!!!! locked out my real account and cant get access to my gamer score , games ...: Hi there , i am writing this as a last resort , i have completly lost the will to fight against the automaticly generated emails that deny that i am who i say i am . MY xbox live accout is MURRAY...