Locking home xbox from theft (similar to Find My functionality on Mac)

Discus and support Locking home xbox from theft (similar to Find My functionality on Mac) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; It would be nice if Microsoft would adopt a similar feature to "find my" in the apple ecosystem, so if someone steals your console it's essentially... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/snowdizx, Jan 20, 2021.

1. /u/snowdizx
    /u/snowdizx Guest

It would be nice if Microsoft would adopt a similar feature to "find my" in the apple ecosystem, so if someone steals your console it's essentially bricked. It's sort of ridiculous in my opinion that the Xbox doesn't have some way to lock down the home xbox from theft at this time.

submitted by /u/snowdizx
    [link] [comments]

/u/snowdizx, Jan 20, 2021
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Minecraft purchases transferred to my sons account

Hi Kenji,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, there is no way of transferring purchases from one account to another account. On the Xbox there is

home console sharing
    . On the Ipad or any other device you would need to find out if there is a similar choice. I will be locking this thread as it has been answered.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. A Toxic Shotgun Win User

could I run BF3 on my 13' Macbook Pro?

no, no offense but Macs are overpriced computers(you could build a PC to better specs, for less money, and more functionality) for people who want to burn their money. you need a "PC"(even though a mac is just an overpriced factory locked PC) to properly
    play most games.

Macbooks are not very powerful or functional compared to desktop mac models.
  4. tony bowman w10 Win User

Xbox one x fixed MAC address

The guest network is isolated from the home device wifi when enabled. If anyone is setting up a similar router please remember to add/allow the MAC of the device you are using to configure your router on your home network before saving the settings. Sounds
    obvious but it caught me out.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox on Windows 10 set as home xbox

Hi, there is an option similar to the home xbox on windows 10, but it's not from the Xbox app, it's in the Microsoft store app. To set it, launch the Microsoft store app, then goto settings - then find offline permissions and turn it on.
  6. Zero Divided Win User

Anyone know if cloud computing takes extra bandwidth?

i'd imagine it'll be similar to how Seti@home works, but in reverse, if i recall correctly, Seti@home would send your computer a file that was on average of 64k, then you computer calculates the work load and sends it back to Seti, on average, a file about
    300k. my understanding is Azure will provide a similar function in reverse with the physics calculations and AI's, your Xbox One sends it to the "cloud", it processes it and sends it back. should require only a small amount of bandwidth.

---

but that is my understanding, may not be correct.
Thema:

1. Locking home xbox from theft (similar to Find My functionality on Mac) - Similar Threads - Locking home theft

2. Locked 365/Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked 365/Xbox account: Please can a mod help me get my account unlocked? There appear to be quite a large number of users being locked out for breaching the MSA, sadly I am now one of them. I’ve had my Hotmail account...
  3. Xbox one and war zone locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one and war zone locked: Just got a new xbox one series s and warzone is unplayable. Its fully downloadrd but everything is locked or it says “connection to thr xbox live servers was interrupted.” Also in the top right it...
  4. Parental Lock.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental Lock.: I have bought a 'used' X-box 360. The previous owners have left 'Parental control' lock on. Code number req'd. How do I fix this? 50e446c3-489f-4f4d-aa12-281ea226f0dc
  5. Xbox Series X home console locked

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X home console locked: Hello, I am not able to set my Xbox Series X as my Home console as it says it has been changed 5 times within the last year. The Series X is 3 days old at this point, it appears the Series X won't...
  6. home page locking up whole system for minutes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    home page locking up whole system for minutes: hitting the home xbox button to open message or unsnapping or anything else runs the risk of locking up the whole system, sometimes for a couple minutes or more. i am not able to do anything till...
  7. black screen & home screen lock out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    black screen & home screen lock out: I have noticed on the last few boot ups when starting the game that when the respawn logo should appear the game has black screened. When it does this i have to return to the home screen and...
  8. Confusion with home xbox locked me out of my own xbox :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Confusion with home xbox locked me out of my own xbox :(: Hi all! So, I'm a dunce and locked myself out of my xbox. I was staying at friends house for spring break and linked my account to his xbox for the time being so I could play my games while I...
  9. Locked in the store? Home button and Cortana won't work right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked in the store? Home button and Cortana won't work right.: So what is up with this? Every once in a while, entering the store makes it impossible to get back to the home page. Trying to ise Cortana or the xbox home button brings up an error message...
  10. Xbox Locks Up on Home Screen While Installing Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Locks Up on Home Screen While Installing Games: I've been having this problem for a while. Every time I'm installing a game, my Xbox will lock up whenever I go to the home screen. I know the way to fix it is to do a hard power down, but this is...