Loose screw in system

Discus and support Loose screw in system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; One of the screws that holds the back panel in place slipped out of my fingers and fell through the vents by the disc drive while I was cleaning the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elijahvan der Merwe, Nov 23, 2021 at 6:32 PM.

1. Loose screw in system

One of the screws that holds the back panel in place slipped out of my fingers and fell through the vents by the disc drive while I was cleaning the console. I can hear it rattle when I shake the Xbox. I can't get it to fall out nor can I see it. And I don't trust myself to open it further. Would it be safe to play or does that screw have to come out first? Of course I'd really prefer to get the screw out but I Do not have the correct screwdriver and I'm afraid of damaging it further. It's a Series X.

:)

Elijahvan der Merwe, Nov 23, 2021 at 6:32 PM
  2. Elijahvan der Merwe Win User

Loose screw in system

Thank you Jesse but believe it or not I literally got the screw out about five minutes ago by turning the Xbox upside down and gently shaking it. Took about twenty minutes though, thought it was hopeless. But thank you again Jesse, I never would have thought about sending it to Microsoft.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Loose screw in system

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First I believe if the screw is resting on one corner of the console, then it should be safe and won't cause any internal damage. However, if you'd like to get it out I'll suggest you don't do that yourself, rather send the device to Microsoft for warranty fix and they'll get it out for you. You can see instructions on that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  4. X Farscape X Win User

Loose screw in series x

depends if the screws causes a short it has the potential to cause a fire. Quality control for various items from all manufacturers has fallen drastically over the past year, i would not settle for that and would want the store to replace it there and then, i would not even settle for sending to microsoft as you will get a refurb.
  5. HANK3388 Win User

The Xbox One Controller - Is yours kinda flimsy?

The right screw cover on mine was loose . so I poped it off and put a piece of black tape under it

and that fixed it
  6. DaBean-8C294437-1EE2 Win User

Thrustmaster TX Wheel - going crazy!!

Oh never mind I found out why. The screw behind the "snap on" wheel was loose, presumably causing the connections to be loose themselves (even though the wheel wasn't) and thus leading to the "ghost buttons" being pushed.
Thema:

Loose screw in system

1. Loose screw in system - Similar Threads - Loose screw system

2. Progression loose Forza Horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Progression loose Forza Horizon 3: I lost my progression in Forza Horizon. I launched the game and it showd the controller buttons. And after I did the tutorial like I was playing for the first time. I need help plz :)...
  3. xbox series s power cable loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s power cable loose: i bought a series s in december and the power cable has always been loose. was wondering if this was normal or is it meant to be tight? 0ef85121-d82f-42bc-8d79-86d18b995f8d
  4. Apps like AirServer start in small screen and loose connection (Beta 2108.210621-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Apps like AirServer start in small screen and loose connection (Beta 2108.210621-2200): After last Beta-Update the app AirServer (to stream casted devices like Oculus) will start in small picture on left bottom side. Looks like picture-in-picture. It also looses connection to Oculus...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset - Volume Wheel feels more loose than mic wheel !?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - Volume Wheel feels more loose than mic wheel !?: Hello, I have just bought a new xbox wireless headset. Everything is perfect except that the volume wheel on the earcup feels looser than the wheel where the microphone is attached. I am not...
  6. Xbox series X, loose power cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, loose power cable: Hi, when I plug in my Series X the power connecter that plugs into the console is loose and will sometimes fall out. And when I plug it back in, no matter how hard I push, it will be loose and...
  7. Loose screw in series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Loose screw in series x: So when I received my series x I was one of the unlucky ones who had a loose chassis screw so I'm curious anyone else have this is your Xbox running ok since will it effect console long-term...
  8. A loose button

in XBoX Accessibility
    A loose button: I never throw, hit or play rough with my controller. One of the bottons have gone loose it’s probably only a small 20c piece that’s worn out but how do I acquire such a thing? If there is any...
  9. Elite wireless controller is constantly loosing connection while a headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite wireless controller is constantly loosing connection while a headset is plugged in: Hi, My Elite wireless controller is constantly loosing connection whilr a headset is plugged in, fine without, I have tried 3 different headsets all do the same, tried a different controller and...
  10. Xbox Series X - loose screw;

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - loose screw;: I have unboxed the new Series X console and a screw has fallen out of the console. Any idea what this is? [img] I have found a similar article on another website where someone else has found...