Losing my games when resetting to factory settings?

Discus and support Losing my games when resetting to factory settings? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! Well, this is the first time I have the need to ask a question since I got my Xbox One S back in 2016, because I never had a problem, until know.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlengardDestroyer, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Losing my games when resetting to factory settings?

Hi! Well, this is the first time I have the need to ask a question since I got my Xbox One S back in 2016, because I never had a problem, until know.

My Xbox keeps like getting stuck (audio and video freezes) for a second and then turns off.

Now, first of all I followed all instructions I found here for solving the issue (not connecting my console to a power surge, since it has one built-in, changed the power settings, replacing it to avoid overheating and such) in fact that's why I'm posting this: I'm planning to factory reset my system.

BUT, I have a, for you Microsoft support technicians, very simple question.

I have the 500GB Gears of War 4 Xbox One S. Along the years I bought digital games (such as Sonic Mania) and Fallout 3 (which came with Fallout 4 physical copy), the rest of my dozen games are physical. However, here's my question:

When a Xbox One S is reset to factory settings, will Sonic Mania, Fallout 3 and Gears of War will be deleted as well, right? Then, how do I recover them?

My concern is that I don't have those downloading codes anymore and if I find them, I understand they are like for 1 use only, right? So, I will lose my games?

Yeah, I know about the cloud storage but still, I want to be sure I won't be losing my games.

That's the only thing that keeps me from resetting my Xbox to factory settings, for me to try fix the freezing issue. Thanks in advance!

:)

AlengardDestroyer, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

The games are all tied to the account you redeemed them on. If that's your account, you would just sign in and redownload the games through your library in your Games and Apps.
  3. OneBowlTKO Win User

Xbox One S is running extremely slow

I have factory reset keeping mu games....this didnt fix it. I factory reset losing my game this didnt fix it. Seriously what’s wrong my S isnt even a year old.
  4. Geth7709 Win User

0x80070102

Won't a factory reset make me lose all of my progress on different games?
  5. Milkman62 Win User

Marvel heroes omega will not delete. It's been forever!

I clicked the link to a soft factory reset and it states that I lose all my game saves?
  6. ÐÊÃÐ ÐØĜŠ❤ Win User

Cant sign into xbox live after doing update

If I factory reset the box, will I lose all my purchased items from my games? Skins etc.
Thema:

1. Losing my games when resetting to factory settings? - Similar Threads - Losing games resetting

2. Losing stable connection while gaming online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Losing stable connection while gaming online: Cable to modem then connected to my series x by an ethernet. Within minutes of getting online to play hockey, my connection spikes and the ms reading is anywhere from 40 to over 200. Needless to...
  3. Everytime I start a game from Xbox Game Pass on PC, my monitor loses signal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Everytime I start a game from Xbox Game Pass on PC, my monitor loses signal: I've been having this problem for the past 2-3 days. I've tried updating & using older drivers, restarting the PC, & switching my display port cable. I seriously don't know why it's happening & I...
  4. I keep losing my game progress.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep losing my game progress.: I’ve lost 10+ hours on psychonauts 2 and even with my ultimate subscription I can’t seem to restore my progress. Can anyone help? cfff541c-9be3-46ec-b3cd-2345c833f42b
  5. Ios 15 Issue - Losing All Audio on Every Game After 5 Minutes

in XboX Insiders
    Ios 15 Issue - Losing All Audio on Every Game After 5 Minutes: Anyone know how to fix the losing sound in every game since ios15? As per title, every game after 5 minutes, the screen flickers off for a second and then audio is lost. Anyone found a fix?...
  6. Opening Xbox game bar makes me lose game keybinds

in XboX Insiders
    Opening Xbox game bar makes me lose game keybinds: This specifically happens when I use game bar with COD Modern Warfare/Warzone, but it may be wll present in other games, I guess. Steps to recreate the problem: Open COD Modern Warfare/Warzone...
  7. Xbox One X loses picture when starting game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X loses picture when starting game: Hey all, I have just spent roughly 30 minutes googling this with multiple answers but im still not sure it fits in with my issue so thought i'd ask the board. In my theatre room i have a BenQ...
  8. : I'm a Lady gamer who has been losing connection and getting banned from the the game 4...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : I'm a Lady gamer who has been losing connection and getting banned from the the game 4...: : I'm a Lady gamer who has been losing connection and getting banned from the the game 4 times every single night for three months to BTB on Halo MCC. PLEASE HELP I've TRIED EVERYTHING!! Please...
  9. If I factory reset my xbox do I lose progress on all my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I factory reset my xbox do I lose progress on all my games?: I have a startup error on my xbox and it tells me to factory reset the xbox but I don't want to lose progress on my games so if I factory reset it do I lose progress on my games....
  10. Losing game data after a reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Losing game data after a reset: Ive reset my console before and always chose "keep my games and apps" i loaded a game and my saves are gone. When i go the manage page for the game i still have save data but still no saves when I...