Losing Xbox Live over Game Pass Ultimate, especially upon cancelling Ultimate

Discus and support Losing Xbox Live over Game Pass Ultimate, especially upon cancelling Ultimate in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I Switched to Game Pass Ultimate yesterday for $2 special and my Xbox Live expired today, September 8th, 2019, instead of February 2020 with Game Pass... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RichardT1975, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Losing Xbox Live over Game Pass Ultimate, especially upon cancelling Ultimate

I Switched to Game Pass Ultimate yesterday for $2 special and my Xbox Live expired today, September 8th, 2019, instead of February 2020 with Game Pass good through April 2020. I cancelled Game Pass Ultimate, yet still had no Xbox Live added back onto my subscription time lost. In confusion, I bought 1 year Xbox Live prepaid card, sure I had made an error and then a message notifies me that if I continue I will only be given 4 months Xbox Live. I never realized Ultimate meant both Xbox Live and Game Pass and figured it surely a tier to more free game through Game Pass Ultimate. It says Game Pass, not Xbox Live Ultimate. Then I cancelled Ultimate to which my months left on Xbox Live were not restored until a chat with Technical Support who kindly restored my Xbox Live to March 2021 instead of October 2020. Yet, I could not be given my 2 weeks left I had of Game Pass as it was under the 1 month minimum to restore it's subscription.

I believe 2 things need to happen, the name changed to Xbox Live Ultimate so ppl understand it's not a tier level of Games you get for free or reduced prices and an automatic restore of months originally left on Xbox Live. No subscription should ever alter Xbox Live services as children know no better this Ultimate is taking away their online game access with parents none the wiser getting additional charges to their credit card for Xbox Live which is needed for online games. An alteration should be made when upgrading to Ultimate that additional funds be added for the conversion to Xbox Live and Game Pass together instead of Months of Xbox Live taken away from their subscription.

This is a marketing technique to leave unrestored months of Xbox Live so parents feel they need fund their children's Xbox Live believing it has simply been the year since last renewed, not knowing they need to chat with Technical Support to get those months back. No Game Pass is worth more than Xbox Live as Xbox Live is essential to all Microsoft online gaming and Game Pass is simply a game for reduced pricing or free. It is much better just a couple games go away with Game Pass expiring than all the child's online gaming throught Xbox Live expiring as the parent hears the upset child they can't play their games anymore and the parent's investment deemed worthless is incentive for the parent to just pay the new subscription fee so the child has online priviledge instead of investigating the matter any further as I did for my son's Xbox Live subscription. This Ultimate shouldn't take away from Xbox Live months of service left for the games online support for any other subscription.

submitted by /u/RichardT1975
    [link] [comments]

/u/RichardT1975, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox live membership

If you subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate, your remaining Xbox Live converts into Game Pass Ultimate days. If the Game Pass Ultimate has run out you can either carry on with Game Pass Ultimate, or buy Xbox Live on its own. If you cancel Game Pass Ultimate
    you lose any pre paid Xbox Live time.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

In short, once you have converted to Game Pass Ultimate, your Xbox Live Gold will be converted to Game Pass Ultimate. If you cancel, you will lose that converted Xbox Live Gold.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?

If it's just regular game pass and not Ultimate game pass, then it is separate from Live and you will not lose Live if you cancel game pass.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

My entire 1 year Xbox Live Gold subscription got cancelled after cancelling 1 month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

You would be best placed to create your own thread.

If you are referring to losing Xbox Live Gold because you cancelled Game Pass Ultimate, there is nothing that can be done. It clearly states that Xbox Live Gold will be converted to Game Pass Ultimate days and can not be reverted and that canceling Game
    Pass Ultimate will cancel out the converted Xbox Live Gold. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/xbox-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-faq

You can cancel your Game Pass Ultimate membership at any time, and you will
    continue to have access to your Ultimate benefits until your prepaid time ends, at which point you will not be charged again.

Note The upgrade of any prepaid time to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate cannot be reverted back to Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass, and you cannot receive a refund for Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game
    Pass. You can, however, rejoin Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass when your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription ends
  6. Kimberly AnneTecson Win User

Cancelled Game Pass, now my Gold is gone..

Hi,

Once you upgraded to Xbox game pass ultimate, your Xbox live gold will be carried over to Xbox game pass ultimate. For example, if you have Xbox live gold for a year and you upgraded it to Xbox game pass ultimate, your Xbox live gold and xbox game pass for
    console and PC will also be good for 13 months (12 months Xbox live gold+1 month upgrade Xbox game pass Ultimate). If you cancelled the Xbox game pass ultimate, automatically your Xbox live will also be cancelled since it is already merged to the Ultimate.
    You need to contact Xbox Support to reinstate your lost membership.

To contact them, please go to this site:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
Thema:

Losing Xbox Live over Game Pass Ultimate, especially upon cancelling Ultimate

1. Losing Xbox Live over Game Pass Ultimate, especially upon cancelling Ultimate - Similar Threads - Losing Live Game

2. Unsubscribing from Ultimate Game Pass-- do I lose my remaining months of Xbox Live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unsubscribing from Ultimate Game Pass-- do I lose my remaining months of Xbox Live?: Hi all-- I am thinking about joining XBox Game Pass Ultimate to take advantage of the $2 for 2 months trial. I already have an XBox Live Gold account (playing on XBox One console) and that doesn't...
  3. The game I'm losing from xbox live for free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game I'm losing from xbox live for free: "(SplinterCellConviction) Este jogo como você sabe é de graça e eu queria baixá-lo para jogar, mas infelizmente é um problema e eu sei que você já está ciente disso ... O problema é que hoje é o...
  4. Why do lose connection to Xbox live for every arcade/ full game that bought from the Xbox live ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do lose connection to Xbox live for every arcade/ full game that bought from the Xbox live ...: Like trying to play diablo 3 and counter-strike GO and every time I get disconnected and says sign error but then I dashboard and boom I'm on live again I can play on disc games just fine. Like...
  5. I lose Xbox live connection when I start a game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I lose Xbox live connection when I start a game.: On 360 when I start up any game or app I lose my connection with Xbox live. I am very upset about this. Is their any way to fix it? 91c9b54a-5096-476d-9647-bc5c15f52f88
  6. Losing Xbox live connection when I start a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Losing Xbox live connection when I start a game: Okay, so I was joining a mission on GTA 5 and it said that I couldn't because I somehow lost connection. So I did a network check and it said everything was fine and I was connected to live. When...
  7. I keep losing my Xbox Live connection when i start any games including apps/games, PLEASE HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep losing my Xbox Live connection when i start any games including apps/games, PLEASE HELP: Dear Xbox, I keep losing my xbox live connection when i start any game, I'm really getting annoyed by this as it has been happening for the past 3-6 days. I want to play with my friends but it...
  8. Lose connection to Xbox live once game loads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lose connection to Xbox live once game loads: When my son signs into xbox360 he is connected to Live. Once he puts in the game wwe 2k16 or Maddens NFL 16 and the games load it says that live is not connected. I have turned everything off....
  9. Will I lose access to any games by changing my home Xbox Live Gold account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will I lose access to any games by changing my home Xbox Live Gold account?: For various reasons I decided to make a new Xbox Live Gold account on Xbox One, to replace my existing one. I wanted to ask if, once the Gold subscription on my original account expires, will I...
  10. Losing Xbox Live connection when opening games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Losing Xbox Live connection when opening games.: I can connect to Xbox live no problem, until I try to play a game. It kicks me out of Xbox live then when I try to re-connect it freezes while the little circle is going round. Waited 10 mins to...