Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset...

Discus and support Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; As It says in the title, I had a Microsoft account but lost my phone containing the two-step authentication. This prompted me to have to recover the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RiggsJohnson, Jun 23, 2019.

1. RiggsJohnson
    RiggsJohnson Guest

Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset...

As It says in the title, I had a Microsoft account but lost my phone containing the two-step authentication. This prompted me to have to recover the account as shown to me on the prompts on my xbox and wait 30 days however there seems to be nothing changed
    after 35 days and I have gotten nothing from Microsoft support on the matter, they did not ask for a replacement email and I'm just dead in the water here. I set up this account to play free games during the time I can't use my real one, but now I'm extremely
    [Mod Removed - Profanity] and I am not waiting another month. Due to Microsoft support being absolute garbage and having no actual human to talk to and only prompts that direct you to websites I have come in here hopes that someone from Microsoft
    can help me. It just frustrates me how a company like this can not give two
    [Mod Removed - Profanity]
    about support and rely on their community to help because they are too busy elsewhere I guess. I never actually seen a company this but have a nonexistent support line and I have tried to hard to get an actual person to help
    me, but I just think now it's impossible and nobody will help me even if its a problem on Microsoft's end. My only hope now is for someone from support will see this or I got another 30 days of not being able to play on my account with all the games that I
    paid for. I know this is a fan message board, but I don't see another option so I will yell into the darkness and hopefully someone will hear me or I will just wait another month and hope to god that history doesn't repeat itself.

Thanks for my rant,

Cheers

:)

RiggsJohnson, Jun 23, 2019
  2. RiggsJohnson Win User

Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset it but nothing seems to have happened

yes I did, and they haven't sent me anything and are just bouncing me from support agent to support agent saying different things and getting nowhere
  3. RiggsJohnson Win User

Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset it but nothing seems to have happened

Thanks for the reply, it's not updating my contacts its that I do not have the password for my account (it was on remember me for my xbox so I never really typed it in) and I lost my phone containing my two factor authentication. I can't sign in so I can't
    update anything and whenever I talk to a support staff member they recommend something and when it doesn't work I respond to the email and someone different responds to me something different that I have tried because the email just gets sent to someone random
    and they are just zero help. I wish I could actually talk to someone at Microsoft but that seems too hard for them.
  4. Allebas Win User

Hi RiggsJohnson,

Sorry your having issues updating the phone number on your account. Have you tried updating your number via your Xbox Live account online? Here's ho:

Update your billing contact information

If you've moved or changed your name, email address, or phone number, you must update the billing info in your Microsoft account. Here's how:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com and sign in to the Microsoft account you want to update.
    2. Select Edit profile, and then make the changes needed to update your billing information.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. maxen Win User

How long does swapping Gamertags around take?

I think each time you make a change on a particular account you need to wait 30 days until you make further changes on that one. It's a security thing, and I think this is the 30 days mentioned in the guide (support article) you seem to be following.

The first 30 days you had to wait was because it was a new account; had you had a third account to hand already and been able to use that, you could have done the first step straight away and not had to wait those particular 30 days.
Thema:

1. Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset... - Similar Threads - Lost step authentication

2. Lost account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost account: I have an account that i cant sign into when setting up my new console.my old console broke so when trying to reset my password i cannot answer certain questions such as xbox live id no. I need...
  3. lost account

in XBoX Accessibility
    lost account: Hello A very long time ago (in 2014) I put a security code with the keys of my xbox controllers to "secure" my xbox live account. I forgot my email address and I do not know how. My gamertag of...
  4. Lost Odyssey for Xbox 360, achievements in Japanese on my PAL region console with PAL...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Odyssey for Xbox 360, achievements in Japanese on my PAL region console with PAL...: Hey fellow xbox gamers, I hope you guys can help. I have recently come back to the gaming scene and have rebought an xbox 360 and some games I wish to replay or games I missed. One of the games...
  5. unistalled xbox 360 game on xbox 360 lost save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unistalled xbox 360 game on xbox 360 lost save data: yesterday i uninstalled red dead redemption 1 on my xbox 360 i was using the disc version that was installed to the hard drive then deleted the installed version then i bought the digital version...
  6. Sudoku progress lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sudoku progress lost: I have been playing sudoku all November and until yesterday my progress was saved, but today suddenly all my progress is lost. I am logged in to the correct account. and solitaire has no problem....
  7. i have lost my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have lost my account: i lose my account on my xbox one some days ago, when xbox send an actualization and that send error 203, for that reason i must reset the xbox and then i lose my account, i dont remember it but i...
  8. my friend lost all his switches for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my friend lost all his switches for no reason: is it possible to give my friend my own ''make this your home xbox'' switches? be057d21-0cb8-4c87-836d-96fb68d3caa1
  9. Lost 4 months of Xbox Gold after cancelling Ultimate Pass. Had Ultimate Pass only 1 week.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost 4 months of Xbox Gold after cancelling Ultimate Pass. Had Ultimate Pass only 1 week.: Had Xbox gold til march (4 months from now). Thought I try Ultimate Pass for $1 just last week but cancelled today after 1 week use. However, now I lost my 4 months of Gold. What needs to be done...
  10. (Please Help) I lost 7 years of Xbox progress for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Please Help) I lost 7 years of Xbox progress for no reason: I was permanently suspended from Xbox Live on September 6, 2019. I went through every method of support Microsoft has to offer. I was put through loops to no avail, so I am back and am begging for...