Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset...

Discus and support Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; As It says in the title, I had a Microsoft account but lost my phone containing the two-step authentication. This prompted me to have to recover the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RiggsJohnson, Jun 23, 2019.

1. RiggsJohnson
    RiggsJohnson Guest

Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset...

As It says in the title, I had a Microsoft account but lost my phone containing the two-step authentication. This prompted me to have to recover the account as shown to me on the prompts on my xbox and wait 30 days however there seems to be nothing changed
    after 35 days and I have gotten nothing from Microsoft support on the matter, they did not ask for a replacement email and I'm just dead in the water here. I set up this account to play free games during the time I can't use my real one, but now I'm extremely
    [Mod Removed - Profanity] and I am not waiting another month. Due to Microsoft support being absolute garbage and having no actual human to talk to and only prompts that direct you to websites I have come in here hopes that someone from Microsoft
    can help me. It just frustrates me how a company like this can not give two
    [Mod Removed - Profanity]
    about support and rely on their community to help because they are too busy elsewhere I guess. I never actually seen a company this but have a nonexistent support line and I have tried to hard to get an actual person to help
    me, but I just think now it's impossible and nobody will help me even if its a problem on Microsoft's end. My only hope now is for someone from support will see this or I got another 30 days of not being able to play on my account with all the games that I
    paid for. I know this is a fan message board, but I don't see another option so I will yell into the darkness and hopefully someone will hear me or I will just wait another month and hope to god that history doesn't repeat itself.

Thanks for my rant,

Cheers

:)

RiggsJohnson, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Allebas Win User

Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset it but nothing seems to have happened

Hi RiggsJohnson,

Sorry your having issues updating the phone number on your account. Have you tried updating your number via your Xbox Live account online? Here's ho:

Update your billing contact information

If you've moved or changed your name, email address, or phone number, you must update the billing info in your Microsoft account. Here's how:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com and sign in to the Microsoft account you want to update.
    2. Select Edit profile, and then make the changes needed to update your billing information.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset it but nothing seems to have happened

4. maxen Win User

How long does swapping Gamertags around take?

I think each time you make a change on a particular account you need to wait 30 days until you make further changes on that one. It's a security thing, and I think this is the 30 days mentioned in the guide (support article) you seem to be following.

The first 30 days you had to wait was because it was a new account; had you had a third account to hand already and been able to use that, you could have done the first step straight away and not had to wait those particular 30 days.
  5. Klokkwork Win User

Trying to change gamertag to new email. "sorry we can't change your account right now!!"

You didn't recently perform a password reset on the old account, did you? There are a number of things that trip the 30-day waiting period. Resetting password, downloading profile, changing Microsoft Account email, etc. All things potential account thieves
    might do to lock an owner out of an account. The system, erring on the side of caution, withdraws into its shell for 30 days before popping its head back out. And if you make changes during those 30 days, it resets the 30 days waiting period again.
  6. Mark Sherwood Win User

Is there a way to change the email used to sign in on the xbox one?

Hello there tdrWhitefang :)

If you try to change the email address (Microsoft Account) that is tied to your gamertag, and you come across this error message
    "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now." then that can be down to one of three reasons.

1: Your gamertag is less than 30 days old.

2: You have already changed the email address tied to the account within the past 30 days.

3: You have downloaded your gamertag from Xbox LIVE to an Xbox / device in the past 30 days.

In each instance, you would simply have to wait for the 30 days to pass. Please note that if you download your profile to an Xbox or device before the 30 days are up, it will reset the timer and you would have to wait a full 30 days again. Once this time
    has passed, you should be able to change the email address without any issue.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
Thema:

1. Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset... - Similar Threads - Lost step authentication

2. Son's Xbox lost in fire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Son's Xbox lost in fire: Hello Community, Recently our family experienced a tragic house fire, completely taking everythig we had. My sons xbox one included. I did not have insurance. Im reachin out to see if there might...
  3. Gamer tag perso [Edit - Transaltion] - Lost gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag perso [Edit - Transaltion] - Lost gamer tag: ho recuperato la password dell id microsoft (che avevo smarrito). E mi ha chiesto di collegare il gamertag ma non sono riuscito a collegare quello che avevo in precedenza e me ne ha fatto creare...
  4. Android Microsoft Wordament lost progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Android Microsoft Wordament lost progress: Here is my problem due to synchronization problems between my android gsm and the cloud I uninstalled and then install the Microsoft Wordament game again. Unfortunately I lost all my progress ???...
  5. Rdr2 lost save progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rdr2 lost save progress: I was mid mission in the game when Xbox signed me out for no reason so I lost all my progress since the last time i saved my game which was 1 whole chapter ago. I signed back in and my progress...
  6. Microsoft Wordament lost progress

in XBoX on Mobile
    Microsoft Wordament lost progress: Here is my problem due to synchronization problems between my android gsm and the cloud I uninstalled and then install the Microsoft Wordament game again. Unfortunately I lost all my progress ???...
  7. Lost purchased content in Minecraft Nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost purchased content in Minecraft Nintendo switch: We purchased a mod in Minecreaft Nintendo switch but now, two Days later it is not available. It says we need to purchase it again. What can have happened? Best Regards...
  8. Mhw lost data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mhw lost data: Lost my save data on monster hunter world, is there anything I can do? d02aaac4-9e56-473e-a012-afc2ea6f8965
  9. Lost Game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Game?: So back in March 2017 I downloaded Evolve free with Gold. I had it installed for a while then uninstalled it to make room for another game. I tried to go back to install it today and it completely...
  10. Lost all my operators in Rainbow Six Siege: Advanced Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all my operators in Rainbow Six Siege: Advanced Edition: Hi. I was playing Rainbow Six (Siege) with a code that unlocked 8 Agents (2 year operators) and some skins. I also unlocked other agents, envelopes, etc. until I reached level 30. I recently...