Lost 2 weeks worth of saves for Witcher 3 After Xbox One X Crashed

Discus and support Lost 2 weeks worth of saves for Witcher 3 After Xbox One X Crashed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox One X crashed yesterday (25/08/2019) at around 6pm BST possibly due to the heat in my room. Upon restarting, my latest saves for my play... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Wally1Shot, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Wally1Shot
    Wally1Shot Guest

My Xbox One X crashed yesterday (25/08/2019) at around 6pm BST possibly due to the heat in my room. Upon restarting, my latest saves for my play through of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt were unable to be loaded and the game said that I had not git the DLC installed
    when they have been and I had been playing them before the crash.

I hard reset the console several times by unplugging the console several times and unplugging and re-attaching my external hard drive, where my saves are stored. This had no effect.

I then reset the console back to factory settings, choosing the option to maintain my games and apps. After setting up the console again the DLCs were installed but my latest available save was from 11/08/2019 so I have lost 60 hours of gameplay.

The only thing that I can think of the explain this is that we changed ISP on 12/08/2019 so maybe the console was trying to connect to the old decommissioned WiFi until I reset it yesterday so cloud saves were only up until the 11th.

I don’t understand where all of my local saves have gone though; were they deleted when I reset back to the factory settings despite choosing to keep my games? Is there any way to restore these or are these now gone for good? Have i made the issue worse?

The save that I am after is the autosave or checkpoint save for the ‘Capture the Castle’ quest from 25/08/2019.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Wally1Shot, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Wally1Shot Win User

Yeah, you don't need to sell me on the game; it is my all time favourite. I already have two full play-throughs in the past on previous machines (one of just the main game and one with both dlcs included).

I may go back to it at some point though, I was mainly frustrated about being 5/6 hours away from fully completing Blood and Wine so would have been done by yesterday in a total of around 125 hours. I don't want to have to re-do 60 hours worth just to do
    the last 6.
  3. Wishcatcher Win User

Hi,

I had the same thing with Oblivion few years ago… My Xbox 360 crashed and when i restarted the game, my save was no more there… i lost all, i was almost at the end… Nothing to do than get my courage to restart the game from 0. Now i Always enable the cloud
    save...

I suggest you to let your console always connected on internet to avoid this in the future.

Regards
  4. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

5. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

If it's not on the cloud saved data then unfortunately it looks like it's gone. I'm sorry about this.
  6. Wally1Shot Win User

Yeah, i think that is the issue, my last cloud save was conveniently the day before I switched my internet provider so I'm guessing that the console was trying to connect to the old network that was no longer operating rather than the new one. The dates
    match up so I'm guessing that it was a factor
Thema:

1. Lost 2 weeks worth of saves for Witcher 3 After Xbox One X Crashed - Similar Threads - Lost weeks worth

2. Factory Reset, Game Lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Factory Reset, Game Lost: Hi all, I need some help please. I bought Grand Theft Auto 5 in the play store about 8 moths ago, but I was having some problems with my Xbox so a friend of mine helped me to reset my console. I...
  3. Missão Lost Outsiders do Gears 5 Bugou [Mod Translation-Gears 5 Bugou Lost Outsiders Quest]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missão Lost Outsiders do Gears 5 Bugou [Mod Translation-Gears 5 Bugou Lost Outsiders Quest]: Eu estava fazendo todas as secundarias do mapa, até eu fiz a da TORRE DE COMUNICAÇÃO LESTE e quando eu fui tentar fazer a segundaria da Lost Outsiders eu não conseguia passar pelo buraco onde...
  4. Lost xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost xbox: Someone broke in my house and stole my Xbox 59a40f50-24e4-44ae-804d-98c9a26655cf
  5. Lost 150+ hour Save Data for Monster Hunter World

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost 150+ hour Save Data for Monster Hunter World: Hi, So at around 9/11/2019 6:00PM, I opened up Monster Hunter World and some popup message appeared saying something like "Could not load save data, do you want to try and load save data?" I...
  6. Lost 50,000 Gamerscore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost 50,000 Gamerscore: My gamertag is SirEliteTheUgly and I'm an achievement hunter with over 6 years on my account with 80,000+ gamerscore. So I went onto the mobile app today and I was looking at my feed. All of a...
  7. lost weeks of play, need help to get it back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    lost weeks of play, need help to get it back: almost had all the tiles complete. played to day and there are only 3 credits, what is happening? need help to get them back. 9671e493-b986-487d-a44e-c0ba7930dcac
  8. Why oh Why must I download the entire 90 GBs (3 weeks lost) again for an update in the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why oh Why must I download the entire 90 GBs (3 weeks lost) again for an update in the ...: Why oh Why must I download the entire 90 GBs (3 weeks lost) again for an update in the software? Am I really going to have to wait 3 weeks or how ever long it will take for me to play again every...
  9. After playing & enjoying Mahjong for a week ive lost my scores & now i can't sign in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After playing & enjoying Mahjong for a week ive lost my scores & now i can't sign in.: WHERE is the support?????? 74202be1-7432-4a96-993a-e48eb5feb3b6
  10. Lost my 2 weeks free Gold subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost my 2 weeks free Gold subscription: Hi, I am very new to the Xbox one world. And I am pretty shure I have done something wrong, apologizes for that in advance. Here the story: I have imputed the 2 weeks free trial for the golden...