Lost gamertag after Black Screen of death reset

Discus and support Lost gamertag after Black Screen of death reset in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I followed the reset instructions after having the black screen issue and opted to keep my games and apps. When I restarted my Xbox it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SvN84, Nov 5, 2021.

1. SvN84
    SvN84 Guest

Hi everyone,

I followed the reset instructions after having the black screen issue and opted to keep my games and apps. When I restarted my Xbox it asked me to create a new gamertag. I tried entering my usual tag but it said it is too long so in order to continue I had to create a new one. Once I got onto my dashboard I noticed that all of my gamerscore, achievements and saved video clips associated with my original gamertag has gone. I am still using the same live account as before but it seems that the scores and achievements etc are associated with the gamertag and not the live account?? This is also proving the same issue when trying to play games like Battlefield.

I tried contacting the support team via the "request a callback" feature on the website but it keeps crashing. I tried various browsers and devices too and none of them will get through.

Has anyone else had this issue following the black screen of death and does anyone know how I can get my original gamertag back? Any help will be awesome, thank you.

:)

SvN84, Nov 5, 2021
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello there! I hope that you are doing well today!

Regarding your explanation, it seems that the e-mail address that was used for your gamertag is different from the one you are signed in with now. You will need to try recovering that e-mail address, if you cannot remember it, it is best that you reach out to our support for more assistance Contact us | Xbox Support.
  3. xxxCROWxxx Win User

Xbox One blank screen when i start the console

AHHHHH same damn issue after a week of playing on it. Green logo then black screen of death,
  4. Mr daffypyle Win User

Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back.

Sometimes a hard reset is the fastest and easiest fix for the black screen of death. Xbox
    One
    users can hard reset in two easy steps: Hold the Power button for 10 seconds while the Xbox One is still on. Press
    the Power button again

How To Fix The Xbox One Black
  5. OldSkoolGamr369 Win User

Can't Download Assassin's Creed Rouge Xbox One Gold

recheck payment options,mine were removed after the black screen of death bug we all just had.
  6. mtcerio Win User

Tomb Raider - black screen of death

@ChicoQuente, I have just tried once more loading the savegame again, after deleting local data, no success. Still black screen of death.

I had also contacted SE some time ago, they also requested my gamertag, and they stop replying after saying essentially that I have to cope with this.

Cheers

maTTeo
Thema:

1. Lost gamertag after Black Screen of death reset - Similar Threads - Lost gamertag Black

2. I was hacked and logged in my account my gamertag was changed and I Lost all my games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was hacked and logged in my account my gamertag was changed and I Lost all my games: I was hacked and the gamertag was changed and lost all the games when i search for my gamertag the profile still exists ( Chourico2597 ). I've tried to log in in my 3 emails to see if the if I...
  3. Lost my old gamertag with old game purchases but I'm using a new gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost my old gamertag with old game purchases but I'm using a new gamertag: I had an old gamertag with game purchases that were associated with the microsoft account I currently use with my new gamertag. I'm trying to find this old gamertag so I can play those old...
  4. Lost gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost gamertag: I have 2 gamertags 1 for me and 1 for my kid on separate email address but some how they are connected now and 1 of the gamertags can't be found now? Not sure how to find it?...
  5. Lost Xbox Account But remember Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost Xbox Account But remember Gamertag: Hello, I've wanted to recover my old Xbox 360 account but don't remember my email. I do tho remember my gamertag. I've tried getting support from the bot chat but clicking lost username/email just...
  6. Removed account and signed back in but has made me create a new gamertag and lost all saved...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Removed account and signed back in but has made me create a new gamertag and lost all saved...: Hi guys I had an error message 0x804001a that prompted me to remove account and then log back in I did this and has now made a completely new gamertag and account. Please help as iv lost my fifa...
  7. I lost my old gamertag and cannot change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my old gamertag and cannot change it back: Before I type more I want it to be known I have contacted support multiple times and the one solution I have been told is use this feature. I used to have the gamertag Yephos for a good amount...
  8. Lost my old GamerTag after I sold my old console and can't recover

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost my old GamerTag after I sold my old console and can't recover: Hello, I can't recover my old GamerTag: MrPeachyPenguin. I can't figure out what email it's associated with, and I jsut bought a new Xbox Series X and created a new GamerTag, but I want my old...
  9. Lost Save File dodgeball academia After Changing Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Save File dodgeball academia After Changing Gamertag: I recently lost my save file for Dodgeball Academia after changing my gamertag. Is there any way that my save file can be restored? I had been playing the game without issue for a week+, but then...
  10. Gamertag lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag lost: I recently changed my Microsoft account password. I still can login into Minecraft, but I now have been assigned a new generic gamertag. Is there a way to get back my old gamertag?...