lost gamertag and saved games

Discus and support lost gamertag and saved games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son's xbox 360 locked up. We did an external update. it now works, but his gamertag and log in were gone. He can not access saved sessions of games.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by benlaird1, Jun 15, 2019.

1. benlaird1
    benlaird1 Guest

My son's xbox 360 locked up. We did an external update. it now works, but his gamertag and log in were gone. He can not access saved sessions of games.

How can we either log in with that email, or associate his gamertag with this log in.

Also, will that fix not being to access games saved to extra storage, or do we need to do something else.

I am clueless about this so I need simple directions, please.

thanks.

:)

benlaird1, Jun 15, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Are you able to login to the account from another device like a PC, laptop or tablet? This will verify that you have the correct information for the account. If you cannot then there is an account recovery tool that you can use.

If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live, you might need to reset it.

• Here's how to do it:
      • Go to
        Recover your account
        and type the email address, phone number, or Skype name that needs a password reset. Then select
        Next.
      • We'll ask where you'd like to get your security code. Choose one of the alternate contact email addresses or phone numbers on this account. Then select Next.
      • Type the missing info to verify that it's really your email address or phone number. Next, select
        Send code.
      • We'll send the security code to the alternate contact you chose. If you don't see it, check your junk folder. If it's not there, you can select
        Use a different verification option.
      • Type the security code into Verify your identity, then select
        Next.
      • Reset the password for your Microsoft account by typing it into
        New password. Then confirm it by typing it again into
        Reenter password.
    • For info on signing in to Xbox Live using your Microsoft account, see

Password and security: Password and sign-in
    • To manage your security info, see Microsoft account security info & security codes.
    • Note: If you don't use a Microsoft account to sign into Windows and you need to change your Windows sign-in password, see
      Reset your Windows 10 local account password.
  3. amercenary4life Win User

Xbox Deleted/Reset Everything

I just lost everything I need help please. I opted out of the preview program. Downloaded a 2 gb update and boom lost 100gb of games and saved games that took me 900+ hours to get to please help. Gamertag
  4. Photonimus Win User

Memory

Any game saves you had are lost.

The live connection can recover your gamertag and profile info in the last state it was connected to live. Meaning if ou gained achievements offline since last connected, those are lost.

Any purchases made can be recovered.

But save files are gone. To get those back, you would need to find the lost flash drive.
  5. Mesecur Win User

GTA 4

Your progress is not written on the disc. Replacing the disc, or buying the game digitally has no effect on the save-file. The save-file is bound to your gamertag on the hard-drive. No need to worry about the save-file going lost when you replace the disc
    :D
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

I got al my memory on a USB stick but it asks to configure

Hey mate, I'm afraid that if there was save data on the drive when you formatted it, that saved data is lost. However, you can recover your Gamertag at any time to get it back.
Thema:

1. lost gamertag and saved games - Similar Threads - lost gamertag saved

2. Is it possible to get back a Lost GamerTag that is tied to an email address I am using for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get back a Lost GamerTag that is tied to an email address I am using for...: I have a unique issue. A few years ago when MS had the Live.com Profile pages, much like Facebook, I had an account that also became an Xbox account. The name I used for that account was the...
  3. I lost my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my gamertag: I bought xbox game pass and was playing FH4 on my PC. After format on my PC, I login in into my Microsoft account and got a new Gamertag. how can I recover my old one?...
  4. Lost gamertag/identity

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost gamertag/identity: My old PC crashed. I now have a new PC but when I try to play Microsoft Solitaire suite games I am prompted to create a new gamertag although I previously had one.. I would like to continue using...
  5. Lost Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost Gamertag: I've reset my Xbox One, and signed in with my Microsoft account, but it is displaying a random gamertag and I have none of my friends or achievements on. Any suggestions?...
  6. Lost email to an Xbox Live account, don't have the profile on my Xbox, but know the Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost email to an Xbox Live account, don't have the profile on my Xbox, but know the Gamertag: Title. I remember my initial Xbox Live account, but I think I made a new one(this one) at some point, but have no way of recovering my old account as I don't remember the email and I no longer...
  7. How to Keep old Gamertag on new email account, when old email account lost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to Keep old Gamertag on new email account, when old email account lost?: Hi, hope someone can help? I haven't played my Xbox 360 for couple years, the email I had linked to teh account is now not accessible. However when I log onto my Xbox 360 the Gamertag is still...
  8. Lost myaccount my gamertag is OMG it's AliA

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost myaccount my gamertag is OMG it's AliA: need password\need email\need credit card gamertag AliAall my progress is saved on it. 3fdfd76a-b90d-48e1-9611-6d19f58e3bbd
  9. How do I recover a lost email address for a microsoft account (I know the xbox gamertag)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I recover a lost email address for a microsoft account (I know the xbox gamertag)?: Hello there, we got a problem with recovering the email address of our second microsoft account we just use for gaming. We know the gamertag, but we tried and used every method, which the...
  10. Changed gamertag and lost full access to game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed gamertag and lost full access to game: downloaded skate 3 onto my new Xbox one, then changed my gamertag, now am unable to use the full game or any of the dlc,s I have for it, basically have a demo version now....