Lost minecraft during migration

Discus and support Lost minecraft during migration in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Not so many details, I just lost Minecraft during migration. Did everything as I was set to do. When I log into my launcher all I see is to play demo... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Edek Pączek, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Edek Pączek
    Edek Pączek Guest

Not so many details, I just lost Minecraft during migration. Did everything as I was set to do.
    When I log into my launcher all I see is to play demo version. (I'm properly logged within microsoft account). Can see that on launcher. When I visit page, I can buy minecraft but not play.

Ofcourse it was not possible to launch working launcher, I had to set up xbox account (I will now buy playstation therefore) and many other things.

How can I recover the game ?

:)

Edek Pączek, Aug 3, 2022
  2. TitanMethos Win User

No access to Minecraft: Java Edition after migrating account to Microsoft

I have been having the same problem, now in March, and done everything to try and resolve the issue. Even after a complete uninstall and reinstall for Minecraft, (to the point where I erased every file from every registry,) I am still locked out of Java Edition.

At this point, I can only assume this is a problem on Microsoft's end of the Migrations. An error where the license for Java is lost during Migration.
  3. XBF - Tali Win User

Minecraft: Migration from Mojang to Microsoft account failed

Hello FireBird1170,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. I understand there was an error during the account migration process between your Minecraft account and Microsoft account. With migration errors, it is common for the game client not to recognize your purchased license. This can be resolved once the migration error is found.

To best assist, please view How to Migrate a Legacy Minecraft Account to a Microsoft Account to ensure no steps were left out during the migration process. If you have already followed through with the full process and are still being met with an error, please open a ticket with the Minecraft Support Team. You may do so by visiting: Minecraft Support - Contact Us.

Thank you,

-Tali
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft migration

That's normal, you can't access the old Mojang account after the migration, you need to use the email you used to migrate the Mojang account to, in the launcher you need to select Minecraft Java and then Microsoft login and then use the email you use during the migration process
  5. milkshake121 Win User

Lost Minecraft in Migration

Hello Mateus,

I am currently still having this problem and your instructions haven’t helped me. I am very saddened that my Minecraft Java was lost in the migration process and I can’t fix it. Is there any other way to fix this? I can only play demo, and I am crying because my mojang account has been lost and I can’t play Minecraft. Please help me.
  6. Dave5400 Win User

Lost Minecraft in Migration

Dear all,

I am pleased to confirm that I have managed to solve this issue!

For anyone else is having the same issue, here is what happened:

- Firstly, because my account is a legacy account, it turns out that the login was just my username (not the email as prompted by the login page). Many thanks to a good friend on a server for suggesting this to me.
    - Once I found this out, I logged into my Mojang account online (https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/) using the same login details of: Minecraft username (not email) and the relevant password.
    - This then prompted me to the actual process of migrating, rather than just the creation of an Xbox/Microsoft account which I was prompted to do before.
    - Minecraft then asked me to tell them the email with which the account was created to whom they sent a verification code. Luckily for me, it was my dad's email which he still uses. I have no clue what you would have to do if you don't know or have access to this email.
    - Finally after entering the code, I was asked which Microsoft account I wanted to pair the Mojang account with and so it was done!

I'm still not exactly sure why I wasn't directed to do all of this from clicking the relevant link in the launcher, but whatever.

Suffice to say that I am very relieved and I hope this resolves the issue for some others as well.

Kind regards,
    Dave.
Thema:

1. Lost minecraft during migration - Similar Threads - Lost minecraft during

2. Lost Minecraft after migrating to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Minecraft after migrating to Microsoft: I used to have Minecraft: Java Edition, and made the migration in May to a microsoft account, since then i didnt try to log in, now i wanted to play, log in my microsoft account through the...
  3. migrated Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft and lost access to java edition of the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    migrated Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft and lost access to java edition of the game: pretty much what the title implies I have access to the non java edition but it says I need to buy the java edition again b815d53c-b5df-4515-8f6c-0d7f52a431f9
  4. Lost my Minecraft Microsoft email and password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost my Minecraft Microsoft email and password: Hello I need help finding my email and my password for my Microsoft account. I only have the username which is VotableLocket. All I’m asking is for someone in Microsoft that could unlink or delete...
  5. Lost email to minecraft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost email to minecraft account.: Hello, i have a minecraft account for three years and now after migration i forgot email to it, i know username, pasword, transaction id, almost everything but not the email. Is there any chance...
  6. I lost my minecraft????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I lost my minecraft????: So I had bought minecraft years ago and just recent wanted to play again after abt a year break. I transferred the account to a microsoft account and I can login just fine but minecraft isnt on...
  7. I lost access to my Minecraft account

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost access to my Minecraft account: I migrated my Minecraft account to Microsoft a long time ago and had no issues with it. My whole PC was hacked some time ago(28th of July), after which I restored access to my Microsoft account...
  8. HELP ME I LOST MINECRAFT ACCOUNT

in XBoX Accessibility
    HELP ME I LOST MINECRAFT ACCOUNT: CAN ANYONE HELP ME? [img] I LITERALLY BOUGHT MINECRAFT IT WAS WORKING JUST FINE YESTERDAY THEN IT JUST HAPPENED I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WITH MY ACCOUNT HELP MEEEE i switched my launcher. and i...
  9. lost minecraft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    lost minecraft account: so i bought minecraft long ago i didnt play since the nether update when i tried to play the game right now i had only the demo version upon login in how an i fix this....
  10. I lost access to the minecraft java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost access to the minecraft java edition: Hi, I lost access to minecraft java edition and it was activated with a code on mojang.com. Today I logged in and changed the password, at the beginning it showed a menu on the side where I had...