Lost save data through sync issue?

Discus and support Lost save data through sync issue? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently tried helping my wife's mom with setting up their Xbox and they accidentally used my account to set up a new character for them on Diablo 3,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by V3nri3r, Dec 29, 2021.

1. V3nri3r
    V3nri3r Guest

I recently tried helping my wife's mom with setting up their Xbox and they accidentally used my account to set up a new character for them on Diablo 3, they didn't notice because it didn't pull down from the cloud for some reason so there were no characters. Well, when we closed and tried something to make sure everything was working properly for them, we reopened the game, and allowed it to synch off their local (because I was not there when they created the character, so I thought they just made a new character with the list), but realized it would probably only have the one level 1 character. Lo-and-behold it did. I figured it should be fine because when I next open my Xbox at home (just now) it should check to see what save data to use right, Local or cloud? Well, it automatically chose cloud without even letting me choose, and now I'm afraid I've lost hundreds of hours of progress.

Is there any way to have the data recovered or reverted on the server side or local side so I don't lose all my progress?

:)

V3nri3r, Dec 29, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

To retrieve a lost save from the cloud, Go to My games & apps.

- Highlight the game.

- Press the Menu button and select Manage game and add-ons.

- Go to saved Data and clear local saves.

- Then, Select the game tile, and then choose Select all to make sure all available content gets installed.

- Select Save changes and wait for the content to install.

- Relaunch the game.

If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid the data has been lost on the cloud as well.
  3. SpacedTrout5 Win User

Xbox Live Cloud Save

You missed the point entirely.

Xbox Life Cloud Save continued syncing with my local Xbox One hard drive every time I started the game. The complete safe was never lost, otherwise the sync would have restored it.

When part of my information disappeared, the sync still happened, but treated the new version -- with the missing data -- as official, and overwrite the other save (that was not missing anything) with the one that was.

Cloud save worked to back up my save, but could not recognize that my save had mysteriously lost some data.
  4. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

external drive failure

Sadly you need to redownload every game again but the saved data is in the cloud so your son shouldn't have lost any progress at all you only need to sync the save data again
  5. XBF Ruben D Win User

Lost offline Save data

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to the issue with the missing saved data, if you were not online when you were playing the game and you no longer have any saved data that data is now lost. In order to prevent Saved data from being lost
    you will have to sync it with the Cloud game saves by going online every once and a while.

It is unfortunate but you will not be able to recover the saved data unless it was previously synced with the cloud. For more info on

Cloud Saved Data FAQ

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  6. Pandasaur cx Win User

Quick Question about syncing

Game saves will be available on a different console through cloud storage and it will automatically sync the data.
Thema:

1. Lost save data through sync issue? - Similar Threads - Lost save data

2. Cloud data corrupted, lost my saved game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud data corrupted, lost my saved game: Hi, Using Ultimate Pass PC, I have just had my remote connection to my xboxonex report that my saved data was corrupted. The only option was to press 'A' OK to delete the corrupted data. This...
  3. Purchased games and saved data lost when migrating to Series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Purchased games and saved data lost when migrating to Series X: On my new series x I'm missing games, DLC and saved game data. I suspect my account while on xbox one stopped syncing at a certain point, so when migrating it only transferred the saved data up...
  4. Sea of Thieves save data lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sea of Thieves save data lost.: I have been playing sea of thieves on and off since 2020. I recently logged back into my account to find my save data gone. HELP. I have access to both accounts, but it seems my account that has...
  5. Just Cause 4 lost all save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just Cause 4 lost all save data: I have been playing a lot of Just Cause 4 on Xbox Game Pass PC recently. But when I opened the game, all my save data disappeared with only 5 troops to deploy as a remnant. Does anyone know what...
  6. Save data lost.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save data lost.: Hi I've been playing the The binding of isaac afterbirth+ and have lost all of my save data. This only just occured today and i don't know why. The game has had no problems at all but today was...
  7. Lost saved game data for Lego. Batman 3 but still i have all achievements please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saved game data for Lego. Batman 3 but still i have all achievements please help: I have all of my game achievements but no saved game data, its been like this for 3 days. Now, please heip. faa0e371-3c1a-48c7-a670-64e19cb8c0ca
  8. All save data lost on games of xbox app PC (through xbox game pass ultimate)

in XBoX on Windows
    All save data lost on games of xbox app PC (through xbox game pass ultimate): After a while (1 week) I opened the xbox app on PC and then started a game (No man's sky). After the game loaded I noticed that I no longer had any saves. I decided to search some information but...
  9. Lost saved game data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saved game data: Hi please can you help. My daughter has logged onto her xbox today and all her saved data, fifa21, fortnight Minecraft etc has disappeared. The only thing that has happened is we lost wifi...
  10. I think i lost all my saved data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I think i lost all my saved data?: I've been playing AC:Odyssey for a month or so while being online, but yesterday I moved to another apartment and while I waited for the technicians to connect my wifi I played the game offline....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one cloud saves missing