Lost save game after console froze?

Discus and support Lost save game after console froze? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I was playing a game I downloaded from the Xbox Live store when the console froze at the point where the save icon was on the screen. It didn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ClawdiusMcClaw, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Lost save game after console froze?

Hi

I was playing a game I downloaded from the Xbox Live store when the console froze at the point where the save icon was on the screen. It didn't come back to life (even when pressing the guide button etc) so I was left with no option but to just turn off
    the console (as far as I'm aware anyway.)

On turning the console back on and loading the game, I've lost the save file.

Is there anyway to recover this?

And should I perform any sort of maintenance on the console due to this issue? (will this cause further problems down the line if left?)

It's an xbox 360 not sure of the specific model.

:)

ClawdiusMcClaw, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Console Saves Lost after Latest Update

Wireless give you about 60% throughput compared to cabled, so why would you go wireless.

Contact chat support and see if they can help.

There are various undocumented ways to do things, like backing an update to previous and such.

And I would set system update to manual so you are in control in future.

But don't get your hope up, I think it is gone.

Doing off line gaming, it did happend to me once that date+time was not correct, and cloud saves thought they were more recent and overwrite local saves.

Console had also been without power for a while, and could not sync date+time correctly being offline - so I think a security fix regarding this should be made by MS, that when syncing saves when date+time were wrong, that you get a question which part to
    keep - local or cloud.

One would think that syncing game saves would be the first thing console do when in contact with account, but with system updates might be different.

And if time is not correct it might sync the wrong way.

It's a pity X1 does not allow usb copy of game saves like 360 and PS3 have(maybe PS4 too, don't know).

BookishFlunky90, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Console Saves Lost after Latest Update

I have been playing BL-2 while having my One connected to my network. I unplugged my Ethernet cable to use it for something else. I continued to play BL-2 off and on. All of my saves being done on the console. I finished the Vanilla game. And continued on
    till I reached Lvl 49 in TVHM. I heard about the latest console update. And decided to download it. I re-plugged in my Ethernet cable. The update went smooth.

Then I started to play some BL-2. And that's where things went wrong. The game started me off at my last Cloud save, when I last had my console plugged in. All of my Console Saved Progress was GONE! So how do I get my console save progress back?

PS: asking about "why not use wireless?" is a non-starter. It's just a choice I made. And has nothing to do with my console saves disappearing. Or their recovery.I still won't use wireless in the future.

WickedMr Murder, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Lost save game after console froze?

Hola ClawdiusMcClaw ! Unfortunatedly, there is no way to recover your last save unless you have another save as a backup , like a USB etc . I recommned you to save often ; if the game only allows you to have one save then try to make a save in another device
    (USB, Cloud or HDD).

About sort of maintenance you can clear the cache here you can read the instructions :

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

IngameInstincts, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Sorry, I don't think there is a way to get it back either. But in the future, you can set up 'could saves' and copy your file over there. It will re sync online every time you turn your console off. So if it happens again, you would only lose one days
    loss of work. Good Luck.

David RomanDaniels, Oct 31, 2018
  6. IngameInstincts Win User

Hola ClawdiusMcClaw ! Unfortunatedly, there is no way to recover your last save unless you have another save as a backup , like a USB etc . I recommned you to save often ; if the game only allows you to have one save then try to make a save in another device
    (USB, Cloud or HDD).

About sort of maintenance you can clear the cache here you can read the instructions :

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache
  7. David RomanDaniels Win User

Sorry, I don't think there is a way to get it back either. But in the future, you can set up 'could saves' and copy your file over there. It will re sync online every time you turn your console off. So if it happens again, you would only lose one days
    loss of work. Good Luck.
  8. WickedMr Murder Win User

Console Saves Lost after Latest Update

There wasn't a time where my console was not plugged into a power outlet. It was only not connected with a Ethernet cable for a few months. After the console update. My BL-2 file shrunk by almost 2 GB.
  9. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Console Saves Lost after Latest Update

Wireless give you about 60% throughput compared to cabled, so why would you go wireless.

Contact chat support and see if they can help.

There are various undocumented ways to do things, like backing an update to previous and such.

And I would set system update to manual so you are in control in future.

But don't get your hope up, I think it is gone.

Doing off line gaming, it did happend to me once that date+time was not correct, and cloud saves thought they were more recent and overwrite local saves.

Console had also been without power for a while, and could not sync date+time correctly being offline - so I think a security fix regarding this should be made by MS, that when syncing saves when date+time were wrong, that you get a question which part to
    keep - local or cloud.

One would think that syncing game saves would be the first thing console do when in contact with account, but with system updates might be different.

And if time is not correct it might sync the wrong way.

It's a pity X1 does not allow usb copy of game saves like 360 and PS3 have(maybe PS4 too, don't know).
  10. UNIVERSALx182 Win User

Battlefield 4 - Save games for campaign are gone...

this is the way I usually quit a game. Save game is still lost also after the latest patch.
Thema:

1. Lost save game after console froze? - Similar Threads - Lost save game

2. XBOX Game Pass on PC Ori Will of Wisps Save Games repeatedly lost / unable to play

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Game Pass on PC Ori Will of Wisps Save Games repeatedly lost / unable to play: Playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps on PC through XBOX Game Pass and am constantly losing save progress. If I do not exit the game, all of the save games look fine, can be copied, I can load...
  3. Lost game save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost game save: So, I recently tried to load my game on someone else's Xbox and it started to sync the data. However, because the internet was very slow, I cancelled that and then it started a brand new game. I...
  4. Lost game save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost game save: So, I recently tried to load my game on someone else's Xbox and it started to sync the data. However, because the internet was very slow, I cancelled that and then it started a brand new game. I...
  5. Recover some lost game data 2 - how to ensure local data is saved?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover some lost game data 2 - how to ensure local data is saved?: Hi there - I just created a question not too long ago here:...
  6. Spiritfarer game save lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spiritfarer game save lost: Played Spiritfarer for hours yesterday, saved and quited properly. Worked yesterday where game save still existed. But today, only "New Game" options. 5c6a099b-0174-43f6-a9ac-a6bf739c4fc9
  7. lost xbox360 save files for my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    lost xbox360 save files for my games: i have an xbox 360, i know its old, but i love it and it didnot need wifi. when i turned on my console yesterday it would not let me connect to my gamertag unless i resubmitted my email and...
  8. Recover some lost game saves

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover some lost game saves: Hi, Playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey on XBOX one. Game froze on me. After about a minute it glitched out to the home screen and the disc ejected by itself. I pushed it back in and loaded and...
  9. Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition XBox game pass on PC: EMPTY SAVES: I completely lost my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition XBox game pass on PC: EMPTY SAVES: I completely lost my...: Hello Everybody! First, I apologize for make this request here, but, I was one of the cursed ones to had lost the save because of the silly cloud sync and the poor save file management of FFXV....
  10. Xbox account banned and lost all saves and games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account banned and lost all saves and games: Today I have tried to access to my new xbox one s but I can't, I tried of my phone to access in Microsoft account but it said that I was ban for illegal activities. But I don't do nothing of...