Loud Power Supply Quandary

Discus and support Loud Power Supply Quandary in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My original Xbox One power supply is functioning fine, but the fan inside is so loud it's driving me nuts! What can I do about this? Ideally I would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CorXL, Mar 25, 2020.

1. CorXL
    CorXL Guest

My original Xbox One power supply is functioning fine, but the fan inside is so loud it's driving me nuts! What can I do about this? Ideally I would send it in and they could tinker with it, idk.. but I'm out of warranty so I can't request service. I'd
    pay for a new one if I could find one, but I'd rather not buy a 3rd party replacement off Amazon if I don't have to

:)

CorXL, Mar 25, 2020
  2. MakemSalty ZOID Win User

My original Xbox One power supply is functioning fine, but the fan inside is so loud it's driving me nuts! What can I do about this? Ideally I would send it in and they could tinker with it, idk.. but I'm out of warranty so I can't request service.
    I'd pay for a new one if I could find one, but I'd rather not buy a 3rd party replacement off Amazon if I don't have to
    I had this problem before, either your Xbox is heating up faster than it should, your fan has some dust and grim in and around it. Use some air duster and see if that helps.
  3. DigitalAssassin Win User

Loud Power Supply

Hey there, you can order a replacement through the following link:
    https://myservice.xbox.com/

I just thought I might mention that one day my power supply was making a pretty loud noise, similar to what you're describing, I noticed it was covered in dust so gave it a good clean and blew around the ventilation area which got it working like new again.

Also if you order through that link and your console is still operational now, you won't be without it while waiting for the replacement.
  4. DeathWishCoffee Win User

My xbox 360 AC power adapter is making a very bad noise

Is your power supply in a well vented area?

I want to think that heat my be an issue with the power supply being loud.

Another suggestion would be to use a friends power supply and see if it makes the same noise.

If not could be a faulty power supply.
  5. x0XAkashaX0x Win User

Xbox making loud buzzing noise

Yeah my power supply is also make a loud noise.
  6. Got Cobol-64D25709-1 Win User

Replacement Power Supply.

I got a replacment for a loud power supply, I just paid for it since they won't do an "Advanced Exchange" on just power supply and never got any mail about returning the bad one. It's just a purchase of a new power supply after all, but this was in the
    USA.
Thema:

1. Loud Power Supply Quandary - Similar Threads - Loud Power Supply

2. Xbox One Netzteil sehr laut [translation-Xbox One power supply very loud ]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Netzteil sehr laut [translation-Xbox One power supply very loud ]: Hallo, mein xbox one Netzteil ist super Laut, selbst im Standby Betrieb ist dieser deutlich zu hören. Was können wir da machen ? LG [mod removed- personal information]...
  3. Power supply fan loud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply fan loud: its breathing super loud and I think it's broken it has sent moved or anything I just came home from spending the night at a freinds house and I could hear it from the kitchen I posted it to my...
  4. Power supply smells like smoke, is really hot and making a loud noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply smells like smoke, is really hot and making a loud noise.: I contacted Microsoft today over chat to let them know my sons Xbox One Power Supply smells like smoke, is hot and is making a loud noise. I'm somewhat concerned that something is wrong but to my...
  5. Power Supply making loud fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply making loud fan noise: Hi, I have an xbox one and since after the warranty ran out on my xbox, i can't even use it because the power supply makes a horrible high pitch fan noise constantly. I've turned off my xbox and...
  6. Power Supply makes a loud buzzing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply makes a loud buzzing sound: My power supply recently started making a very loud buzzing noise. If I unplug it, wait, and plug it back in, the noise goes away, but then it always comes back later. Is there a way to get it...
  7. XBox One Power supply fan extremely loud.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Power supply fan extremely loud.: I've had my XB1 since February, typically keep it in 'Instant On' mode. Over the past few weeks, the fan inside the power supply has become extremely loud. I tried blowing dust out of the unit,...
  8. Loud Power Supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud Power Supply: I have an Xbox One that is less than a few weeks old. The power supply makes a constant buzzing noise when the Xbox One is on. It is not the fan. The fan is very quiet and can only be heard up...
  9. POWER SUPPLY IS MAKING A LOUD NOISE Never Purchase another xbox again

in XBoX on Consoles
    POWER SUPPLY IS MAKING A LOUD NOISE Never Purchase another xbox again: I purchase the unit less than 7 months ago.... Microsoft is telling me the unit is out of warranty by 14 days and they will not replace the power supply. I hurt that Microsoft wants to charge me...
  10. Loud Pop From The Power Supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud Pop From The Power Supply?: Hello. I have an original 60GB white Xbox 360. I haven't used it for several months and decided to crank it up yesterday. I hit the power button and nothing came on. I then checked the power...