Low framerate on Orange Box (Xbox 360)

Discus and support Low framerate on Orange Box (Xbox 360) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just tested out Half-Life 2 from the Orange Box on my Xbox 360. The framerate seems choppy. Is it like this for everyone? Is there any way I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by thrasher585, Nov 9, 2019.

1. thrasher585
    thrasher585 Guest

I just tested out Half-Life 2 from the Orange Box on my Xbox 360. The framerate seems choppy.

Is it like this for everyone? Is there any way I can improve it?

Thanks.

:)

thrasher585, Nov 9, 2019
  2. thrasher585 Win User

I found the solution!

I had my Xbox 360 plugged into a surge protector. The Xbox's power cord already has a protector built in. If you plug it into another surge protector, it reduces power to the Xbox. I tried plugging the Xbox directly into an outlet and the framerate is a
    lot better.
  3. Gomikiddo Win User

Hey Thrasher585,

I want to preface that I will not be listing a definite fix to your issue, but what I will provide is prior knowledge and possible trouble-shooting fixes for your issue.

Firstly, I want you to understand that you are on an Xbox 360, which is not being manufactured anymore (to my knowledge) which means they receive little to no more software updates. This means the console is quite out-dated as far as performance standards
    go. So I want you to understand that the console is so old that frame loss and drops are to be expected with your experience, though they shouldn't happen often.

A good troubleshoot option I can give you is to simply hard reset your console, this will refresh the packages and data and may give you a smoother feeling and gameplay. Another thing you can try is make sure your internet connection is fine and you are
    receiving a good amount of download and upload speeds, though this won't affect FPS much at all it is always good to make sure this is good.

My final possible troubleshoot option would be to make sure your console is updated, if you are having FPS issues on one title or two maybe it's a performance issue with those specific games, but if you are having frame issues on every game you play it is
    likely an internal issue and you may need to look further and ask professional support ->https://support.xbox.com/en-US/

I hope I helped you in some way. A fellow Ambassador will likely come by soon and give you better advice than I did today but I hope this helps in any way :)

-G
  4. thrasher585 Win User

It seems like some games have good framerate and some don't. I tried Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on my Xbox 360 and it runs smoothly.

I also tried an old game, Wolfenstein: Tides of War (an original Xbox game) on my Xbox 360 and it lags a lot.
  5. thrasher585 Win User

I just tested Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on my 360 and it runs fine too.

The only ones that have bad lag so far are The Orange Box (Xbox 360) and Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox original).

I guess it isn't my system, otherwise the Call of Duty games wouldn't work. Is it likely that those lagging games are just the way they are? Is it how they were developed?
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hey Thrasher,

That is definitely interesting. Glad to hear your issue has bee resolved after plugging straight into the wall. We will go ahead and lock this thread. if you ever have another question, or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new
    thread. We look forward to hearing more from you soon!

Thank you.
Thema:

1. Low framerate on Orange Box (Xbox 360) - Similar Threads - Low framerate Orange

2. Games lagging/low performance for Xbox beta app and game pass for PC gaming

in XBoX on Windows
    Games lagging/low performance for Xbox beta app and game pass for PC gaming: Hi, I updated to latest Windows Version and meet PC system requirements. I downloaded the Xbox beta app for PC I purchased game pass for PC - and I cannot find Minecraft? Please help. And I...
  3. Xbox One wireless controller issues - low battery all the time? Mic not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wireless controller issues - low battery all the time? Mic not working?: Hi, I've had my xbox one just under a year now, so it is still under warranty. Lately, the controller will constantly alert me that my batteries are low and constantly turn off - even if I have...
  4. forza horizon 4 düşük yayın bant genişliği[forza horizon 4 low broadcast bandwidth]

in XBoX on Windows
    forza horizon 4 düşük yayın bant genişliği[forza horizon 4 low broadcast bandwidth]: merhabalar öncelikle forza horizon 4 oyunumda aldığım hata düşük yayın bant genişliği sorunu son güncellemeden sonra sürekli olmaya başladı oyuna ilk girdiğimde sıkıntı yok ama 15-20 dk oynayınca...
  5. Xbox one S resolution is low as possible

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one S resolution is low as possible: I turned on my Xbox for the first time today and the resolution is now stuck at 640x480 and it will no longer accept 4k HDR 10. Last night it was working just fine but all I can do now is force it...
  6. Game Pass low download speed

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass low download speed: Hey, I got Game Pass for playing Sea Of Thieves with friend on pc, but I can't even download the game just because my speed is around 800 kbs. In begining, It is downloading 5 gb in straight away...
  7. Jump Force low framerate on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jump Force low framerate on Xbox One X: Hello everyone! During February of this year I purchased "Jump Force" for xbox one. In addition, I have been playing xbox one x for a few months and have always found good framerate and good...
  8. Xbox One X Low Framerate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Low Framerate: Hello everyone. About 1 year ago I bought an Xbox One X to increase the performance of many games and have a better gaming experience, and it was like this until about 2 months ago when I realized...
  9. low framerate in xbox one x and sound error

in XBoX on Consoles
    low framerate in xbox one x and sound error: good morning, i bought a xbox one x,but it slows down the sound and video sometimes,it is normally? 196bf8c0-5c0d-4fd0-99a6-d0dcf7a0cac2
  10. Xbox One S low framerate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S low framerate: I don't know if this is the right place to write about it, but anyways: Since i bought my Xbox One, i can't run most of my games with the highest quality/best framerate. In some games, i can't...