Major issue with audio from soundbars, Microsoft needs to fix this

Discus and support Major issue with audio from soundbars, Microsoft needs to fix this in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with my soundbar on my Xbox series X. The Xbox does not recognise it as a 5.1 system and will only allow me to use stereo... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Boiler1012, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Major issue with audio from soundbars, Microsoft needs to fix this

I'm having an issue with my soundbar on my Xbox series X. The Xbox does not recognise it as a 5.1 system and will only allow me to use stereo uncompressed or dolby digital.

Stereo uncompressed loses the ability to perform surround sound however, while when dolby digital is used, there is a lag of almost a full second in audio to video on all games.

I have tried countless reddit threads about this and it seems to be an ongoing issue. I have tried all the settings on my TV and soundbar and they are in no way the issue.

I'm using hdmi from Xbox to TV and earc from TV to soundbar. The only way I can get around it is by changing the display overrides from auto detect to hdmi, but I lose 4k and vrr 120hz by doing that, but it allows me to use 5.1 then. (that's on the Xbox Tv and display settings BTW)

The TV I'm using is a Samsung q80t and the soundbar is a hw-q60t.

submitted by /u/Boiler1012
    [link] [comments]

/u/Boiler1012, Jan 25, 2022
  2. S.K._96 Win User

Series X audio?

I like hearing my game audio through my headset. I can hear party audio just fine. Whenever I go to my settings and try to change the speaker output, it gives me an error message saying I need to check my audio receiver. If I look up the issue it involves soundbars, but I don't have a soundbar. I'm just using my TV
  3. DustyStraws92 Win User

Dolby Atmos Needs Fixed by Xbox

Hi PRED4TOR!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your audio. No one from Xbox support visits the forums and no one here has a direct line of contact to them.

After reading through the message you received from Dolby, it's actually that they themselves will need to update Dolby Access and not Microsoft. That Dolby is trying to work on an update to resolve the issue. The update might need assistance from Microsoft,
    but overall it is a problem that Dolby needs to work on.

Again sorry about your issue with audio, but the fix is coming from Dolby and not Microsoft.
  4. RArathoon Win User

Sound cuts out????

Hi what soundbar are you using? (model no and make) is it connected directly to the xbox one using an optical cable? is the soundbar connected through a turtlebeach base unit for your headset as the bypass can cause some problems, if possible try disconnecting
    the sounbar, connect directly to your tv and select on the sbos ones audio settings to play audio through hdmi, try each configuration of the audio settings it should help you narroe down the problem meanwhile if you post the model number and make of your
    soundbar I will try and get the configuration settings for you and repost them asap, hopefully Microsoft will soon bring out an update to fix this annoying problem, p.s. if using an optical cable try reversing the ends make sure both ends are clean and dust
    free.
  5. Helloimbob Win User

Xbox Series X Dolby Atmos sound delay

Hi,

unfortunately the series x doesnt have an optical audio out port so that is not an option - and that also doesnt solve the issue which is specific to dolby atmos.

So according to the manual for the panasonic soundbar i need to run two hdmi cables from the xbox - one to the tv for dolby vision/ALLM and then a second one to the soundbar for the sound

Obviously theres only one HDMI out socket on the series x so i assume this is not possible?
  6. SandM1tch Win User

Connection Sound Bar Using HDMI

For reference, HDMI ARC is meant for a TV to send the sound it receives from something like its digital TV tuner "upstream" to your soundbar.

The way you have it set up physically is correct, just that its not depending on ARC (Xbox One audio gets stripped from the HDMI cable by your soundbar and sends the video onto your TV).

Try changing the audio setting on the Xbox One to Stereo Uncompressed, make sure the soundbar isn't muted, etc. Maybe your Soundbar doesn't support 5.1 uncompressed, but 5.1 compressed Dolby Digital or DTS.
Thema:

Major issue with audio from soundbars, Microsoft needs to fix this

1. Major issue with audio from soundbars, Microsoft needs to fix this - Similar Threads - Major issue audio

2. Major issue after purchasing a new series X

in XboX Insiders
    Major issue after purchasing a new series X: So I got rid of my original Series X after some issues, and obtained a new one. On the old console I was in Alpha Skip Ahead - after setting up the new console I only have access to beta ring....
  3. Xbox series MAJOR issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series MAJOR issues: Hi, Can someone help at all because Xbox Series S is seriously getting on my nerves! It doesn’t like signing me in, I have a right game to sign in I have to remove my account then link through...
  4. Brand New Computer - Major issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Computer - Major issues: Hello, I bought a gaming computer from Staples online a few months ago and no one will respond to me to help and I'm not sure how to fix this so hoping someone has an idea of what I can do to fix...
  5. MAJOR lag issues with apex legends, can anyone help me? I feel like I've tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    MAJOR lag issues with apex legends, can anyone help me? I feel like I've tried everything: So my xbox used to play apex legends perfectly without ever lagging. I have decent internet so i doubt that's the problem. Recently, I got the 8tb gamedrive and a wireless headset but neither of...
  6. Major sign in issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Major sign in issue: Hi all, struggling here with my Xbox/Microsoft account. As most are aware there was an outage in regards to account and sign-in and I think this is why I have this issue. The outage seems to be...
  7. Major Xbox Audio Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major Xbox Audio Issues: Hello, Recently I’m having major audio issues with my Xbox One. I will play music via the Spotify app and then want to watch something on Netflix, NowTV or BBC iPlayer and it will play but the...
  8. MAJOR AUDIO ISSUES IN FABLE 2 and FABLE 3.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MAJOR AUDIO ISSUES IN FABLE 2 and FABLE 3.: at some points in the game, there’s an audio issue in fable 2 and fable 3 it makes the audio so bad it’s un playable. I’ve tried getting help multiple ways but nothing yet. Please fix this so I...
  9. Major Xbox Audio Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major Xbox Audio Issues: Hello, Recently I’m having major audio issues with my Xbox One. I will play music via the Spotify app and then want to watch something on Netflix, NowTV or BBC iPlayer and it will play but the...
  10. Xbox chat adapter chat and in game audio major issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox chat adapter chat and in game audio major issues: hello, I have a x42 ear force headset that is wireless that I bought for the 360 but I got Destiny for the One so I needed the chat adapter to be able to talk to people. It sounds great when the...