Major Smartglass Companion Bugs with many screenshots

Discus and support Major Smartglass Companion Bugs with many screenshots in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Here I have compiled all the screenshots of the major gui bugs I found while using the smartglass for Xbox One app and the companion function.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RoG Shawzborne, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Major Smartglass Companion Bugs with many screenshots

RoG Shawzborne, Mar 25, 2014
  2. Hatchjunior
    Hatchjunior Guest
    smartglass

hi am just wondering when smartglass is going to be offically lunched on the xbox along with the smartglass app/companion application

Hatchjunior, Mar 25, 2014
  3. -Aymara-
    -Aymara- Guest
    Dead Rising 3 Smartglass Bug?

Hi MS,

I want to inform you, that the companion app for DR3 has serious connectivity issues, and no, I'm not alone with this problem, because I found several reports about it in gaming forums.

The problem is the following:

Though the Smartglass app itself works fine ... tested with iPhone 5 (iOS7) and Asus TF101 (Android 4.0.3) ... the companion app only connects after a fresh reboot of the X1 with a DR3 game start directly after the reboot. If you try to connect later, maybe
    after answering a XBL message and returning to the game, the companion app starts, but the home button is grayed out. If the companion app works after a X1 restart, it will enter the pause mode after some time and won't leave this state. If you then disconnect
    and reconnect Smartglass, the companion app can be started, but the home button is grayed out again.

In my opinion this is a bug, because both iOS and Android have the exact same issues.

I find this very annoying, because without Smartglass I miss a lot of background info and several side quests of this fantastic game ... in my opinion the best launch title!

-Aymara-, Mar 25, 2014
  4. Ouglee
    Ouglee Guest

Shawn,

I would hardly think of any of these screenshots as 'major'. (Save the last, which is a black screen...) You're seeing a formatting problem; the app's participant screen is formatted for 12v12, the game itself handles more. The options are limited; reformat
    it for the total players, which would make it illegible on many devices... limit the game to 12v12, which would be ridiculous, or remove it entirely, which is like cutting off your finger because you got a boo-boo.

In short, this is cosmetic. Kudos for your bug reporting, but I wholey disagree with your assessment of the severity of this issue.

In addition, this has been reported many times before.

Ouglee, Mar 26, 2014
  5. Ouglee Win User

Shawn,

I would hardly think of any of these screenshots as 'major'. (Save the last, which is a black screen...) You're seeing a formatting problem; the app's participant screen is formatted for 12v12, the game itself handles more. The options are limited; reformat
    it for the total players, which would make it illegible on many devices... limit the game to 12v12, which would be ridiculous, or remove it entirely, which is like cutting off your finger because you got a boo-boo.

In short, this is cosmetic. Kudos for your bug reporting, but I wholey disagree with your assessment of the severity of this issue.

In addition, this has been reported many times before.
  6. MetalGearFloppy Win User

battlefield 4 smartglass problem

Is that smartglass or the battelog companion app Doc?
  7. Mafivee Win User

What will you be playing this 4th of July?

Most probably Skyrim and finishing off the Companions questline that bugged out on me the first time many months ago.
  8. Orangizer Win User

Xbox One has been a disappointment so far.

@Merlin - The smartglass doesn't even work on my android phone, the profile will appear but the dr3 companion app 9 times out of ten wont work no matter how many times i uninstall it.
  9. Matt Rainbolt Win User

SmartGlass and AC4 on a Coby 8065 Tablet

There should be an option to install a companion app within Smartglass. On the main screen after you've connected, you should see an icon labeled "Companion".
Thema:

1. Major Smartglass Companion Bugs with many screenshots - Similar Threads - Major Smartglass Companion

2. Please bring back Backwards Compatibility, some major titles have been criminally overlooked.

in XboX Insiders
    Please bring back Backwards Compatibility, some major titles have been criminally overlooked.: I would like to petition the dev team and Phil Spencer to please resume the efforts to bring some more Original Xbox and Xbox 360 titles to backwards compatibility. I believe some major titles...
  3. (Backwards Compability) Major Xbox One Party Bug

in XboX Insiders
    (Backwards Compability) Major Xbox One Party Bug: Xbox one party completly internally disconnects when you boot up certain 360 games, (Black ops) in my case. I replicated this issue over 6 times as of now. It leaves you in the party but your...
  4. Diablo III Eternal Collection for Xbox One X...major OOPS. Can it be fixed? Please say yes,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo III Eternal Collection for Xbox One X...major OOPS. Can it be fixed? Please say yes,...: Ho and thank you for answering. My question is about Diablo III Eternal Collection running on the Xbox One X console. I have a character, ONE character, that I have been playing for 5-6 years. Lvl...
  5. Major technical issues with the Diaz controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major technical issues with the Diaz controller: Ok, I'm having weird issues with the Diaz controller. I bought the controller at launch of Gears 5. Mainly, unlike my other controllers, it's disconnecting or not fully shutting off when needed....
  6. Found major bug Xbox One looking for reward

in XBoX on Consoles
    Found major bug Xbox One looking for reward: Last year I found a major bug on the Xbox console, live chat couldn't help, they wanted the information for free! This bug is costing Xbox Millions£€$, I know it. Still works, just went into...
  7. I may have solved a major issue

in XboX Insiders
    I may have solved a major issue: A few days ago I posted I was having messaging issues longer than normal, and it seemed like I was the only one. I think I may have found a fix and if this is the actual fix XBOX seriously needs...
  8. Major Graphics Bug after Dash revert

in XboX Insiders
    Major Graphics Bug after Dash revert: Okay hold tight with me, English isn't my first language. I've got a huge visual bug after the Dash revert yesterday evening. After starting up my console i went into Borderlands 3 (which was...
  9. Needing help. Suffering major console issues

in XboX Insiders
    Needing help. Suffering major console issues: Hi everyone. Haven’t been having any issues with the Program except the occasional game crash where the headset makes this weird buzzing sound, the game freezes up and crashes taking me back to...
  10. why can't I install a majority of my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I install a majority of my games?: My Xbox refuses to install any of the games I Purchase Every time I want to install a game it ALWAYS stops, although apps have no problem installing. I can't think of a as to why this happens,...