Major technical issues with the Diaz controller

Discus and support Major technical issues with the Diaz controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, I'm having weird issues with the Diaz controller. I bought the controller at launch of Gears 5. Mainly, unlike my other controllers, it's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ccarlto, Oct 25, 2019.

1. ccarlto
    ccarlto Guest

Ok, I'm having weird issues with the Diaz controller.

I bought the controller at launch of Gears 5.

Mainly, unlike my other controllers, it's disconnecting or not fully shutting off when needed.

There are times I'll be watching youtube or a movie, and I'll see the controller blink then become unresponsive.. and won't shut off.. sometimes I'll blink again a few minutes later and be working again. other times it won't do anything. It won't even resync
    properly when this happens.

Currently it blinked and became unresponsive, so I hooked it up directly to the system and I worked fine.. so I unplugged it thinking it had re-synced. Once unplugged it became unresponsive again..

I plugged the controller back into the system, and shut the XB1 down. The controller remained on, then 15-20minutes later the controller blinked and turned the console back on.

When I say blinked, I mean the white Xbox Symbol blinks. Usually after the blink the light will either be brighter or dimmer... which is also kind of weird.

THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN DURING GAMEPLAY, ONLY WHEN USING/PLAYING MEDIA FUNCTIONS

Such as Blu-ray, Youtube, Hulu, and Netflix.

Thank you!

:)

ccarlto, Oct 25, 2019
  2. NasifK Win User

Could be a faulty controller.
  3. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

I'm wondering since you mentioned that the controller is resyncing / desyncing more when you are playing media, what if there is outside interference? Check around and maybe turn off some wireless devices to see if that will help. If you have a friend with
    an Xbox One, you can also try bringing your controller to him, sync it to his system and see if the same type of problems arise. Best of Luck!
  4. ccarlto Win User

I tried to contact you a week ago when it first started happening, and went through the suggested trouble shooting.

I then played a handful of games over the weekend with no issue, then today while watching Youtube the issue started happening again.

It says the firmware is up to date, and no issue with the controller ap.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi ccarlto,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue with your
    Gears 5 Kait Diaz Xbox One controller
    . If you haven't already done so, I recommend that you attempt to

update the firmware for the controller
    as what you're describing may be a firmware issue. Additionally, you can also use the Xbox One Wireless
    Controller Solution
    to see if the solutions there help out any.

If you continue to have the same issues happen after forcing an update to the firmware, then I would further recommend you
    contacting Xbox Support by requesting a call back or chat so that you can see about exchanging/replacing the controller while still under warranty.

Give the troubleshooting a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps out.
  6. ccarlto Win User

Hi There,

I'm wondering since you mentioned that the controller is resyncing / desyncing more when you are playing media, what if there is outside interference? Check around and maybe turn off some wireless devices to see if that will help. If you have a friend with
    an Xbox One, you can also try bringing your controller to him, sync it to his system and see if the same type of problems arise. Best of Luck!
    My media center has a laptop in the room. usually when watching media I have it on the laptop or nearby on the couch.

The times it's happened the controller was on the couch, this last time on the back of the couch.

I've never had this happen on any of the other controller I own, or have owned.

(Currently just the Diaz and Patrol Tech)

I wonder if it's trying to shut off, and not happening?
Thema:

1. Major technical issues with the Diaz controller - Similar Threads - Major technical issues

2. The new Store has major issues! The trailers won't play and I have trouble finding what I'm...

in XboX Insiders
    The new Store has major issues! The trailers won't play and I have trouble finding what I'm...: I am in Alpha skip ahead, and I was wondering if everyone has the new Store now or not? And if they do, is everyone having all kinds of issues with it? The biggest one for me right now is that it...
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw major problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw major problems: This month, most of my accumulated gold and most of the puzzles I had played simply disappeared. After reloading, rebooting, etc., I was unable to retrieve anything. So I just started from...
  4. XBOX MAJOR FAILURE

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MAJOR FAILURE: So if been up all night trying to figure out why my xbox randomly freezes and when it un freezes and I go to play on a different game it will then tell me that it took to long to load please try...
  5. Assassin's Creed Unity MAJOR issue

in XboX Insiders
    Assassin's Creed Unity MAJOR issue: First and foremost, I am not quite acquainted with this subreddits rules. I am not sure if this is the correct place for this. However, I was directed here by a microsoft support member. Now, to...
  6. Xbox One X don't capture 4K anymore after last major update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X don't capture 4K anymore after last major update.: My Xbox One X don't capture 4K anymore after last major update. Does anyone have the same issue? All the console settings is correctly set, but the device only records in 1080p....
  7. : Minecraft Pocket Edition Major Connection Issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Minecraft Pocket Edition Major Connection Issue: : Minecraft Pocket Edition Major Connection Issue Hello everyone! So I have been trying to play Minecraft PE on my ios device but I have been experiencing a major issue. When I load up the game...
  8. Call of duty major glitching on X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of duty major glitching on X: Ok so i play warzone at my second home on xbox one s with no problems. At my primary residence i have an xbox one X that always glitches it literaly throws me steps ahead and steps back when...
  9. "Record what happened" major bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Record what happened" major bug.: About 1-2 months ago, my Xbox experienced a major issue with the "Record what happened" feature. Anytime I would use this feature, it would only record about 5-7 seconds of the clip. I have been...
  10. Xbox major issue. Console won't turn on after xbox preview update. Turns on but black screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox major issue. Console won't turn on after xbox preview update. Turns on but black screen: Joined xbox insiders just did an update and now my console turns on but doesn't appear on my screen. Almost as if my console is broken.... i knew i shouldn't of joined. submitted by /u/alexwr12...