Major technical issues with the Diaz controller

Discus and support Major technical issues with the Diaz controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, I'm having weird issues with the Diaz controller. I bought the controller at launch of Gears 5. Mainly, unlike my other controllers, it's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ccarlto, Oct 25, 2019.

1. ccarlto
    ccarlto Guest

Ok, I'm having weird issues with the Diaz controller.

I bought the controller at launch of Gears 5.

Mainly, unlike my other controllers, it's disconnecting or not fully shutting off when needed.

There are times I'll be watching youtube or a movie, and I'll see the controller blink then become unresponsive.. and won't shut off.. sometimes I'll blink again a few minutes later and be working again. other times it won't do anything. It won't even resync
    properly when this happens.

Currently it blinked and became unresponsive, so I hooked it up directly to the system and I worked fine.. so I unplugged it thinking it had re-synced. Once unplugged it became unresponsive again..

I plugged the controller back into the system, and shut the XB1 down. The controller remained on, then 15-20minutes later the controller blinked and turned the console back on.

When I say blinked, I mean the white Xbox Symbol blinks. Usually after the blink the light will either be brighter or dimmer... which is also kind of weird.

THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN DURING GAMEPLAY, ONLY WHEN USING/PLAYING MEDIA FUNCTIONS

Such as Blu-ray, Youtube, Hulu, and Netflix.

Thank you!

:)

ccarlto, Oct 25, 2019
  2. NasifK Win User

Could be a faulty controller.
  3. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

I'm wondering since you mentioned that the controller is resyncing / desyncing more when you are playing media, what if there is outside interference? Check around and maybe turn off some wireless devices to see if that will help. If you have a friend with
    an Xbox One, you can also try bringing your controller to him, sync it to his system and see if the same type of problems arise. Best of Luck!
  4. ccarlto Win User

I tried to contact you a week ago when it first started happening, and went through the suggested trouble shooting.

I then played a handful of games over the weekend with no issue, then today while watching Youtube the issue started happening again.

It says the firmware is up to date, and no issue with the controller ap.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi ccarlto,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue with your
    Gears 5 Kait Diaz Xbox One controller
    . If you haven't already done so, I recommend that you attempt to

update the firmware for the controller
    as what you're describing may be a firmware issue. Additionally, you can also use the Xbox One Wireless
    Controller Solution
    to see if the solutions there help out any.

If you continue to have the same issues happen after forcing an update to the firmware, then I would further recommend you
    contacting Xbox Support by requesting a call back or chat so that you can see about exchanging/replacing the controller while still under warranty.

Give the troubleshooting a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps out.
  6. ccarlto Win User

Hi There,

I'm wondering since you mentioned that the controller is resyncing / desyncing more when you are playing media, what if there is outside interference? Check around and maybe turn off some wireless devices to see if that will help. If you have a friend with
    an Xbox One, you can also try bringing your controller to him, sync it to his system and see if the same type of problems arise. Best of Luck!
    My media center has a laptop in the room. usually when watching media I have it on the laptop or nearby on the couch.

The times it's happened the controller was on the couch, this last time on the back of the couch.

I've never had this happen on any of the other controller I own, or have owned.

(Currently just the Diaz and Patrol Tech)

I wonder if it's trying to shut off, and not happening?
Thema:

1. Major technical issues with the Diaz controller - Similar Threads - Major technical issues

2. Found major bug Xbox One looking for reward

in XBoX on Consoles
    Found major bug Xbox One looking for reward: Last year I found a major bug on the Xbox console, live chat couldn't help, they wanted the information for free! This bug is costing Xbox Millions£€$, I know it. Still works, just went into...
  3. I may have solved a major issue

in XboX Insiders
    I may have solved a major issue: A few days ago I posted I was having messaging issues longer than normal, and it seemed like I was the only one. I think I may have found a fix and if this is the actual fix XBOX seriously needs...
  4. Major Graphics Bug after Dash revert

in XboX Insiders
    Major Graphics Bug after Dash revert: Okay hold tight with me, English isn't my first language. I've got a huge visual bug after the Dash revert yesterday evening. After starting up my console i went into Borderlands 3 (which was...
  5. Needing help. Suffering major console issues

in XboX Insiders
    Needing help. Suffering major console issues: Hi everyone. Haven’t been having any issues with the Program except the occasional game crash where the headset makes this weird buzzing sound, the game freezes up and crashes taking me back to...
  6. why can't I install a majority of my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I install a majority of my games?: My Xbox refuses to install any of the games I Purchase Every time I want to install a game it ALWAYS stops, although apps have no problem installing. I can't think of a as to why this happens,...
  7. Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat": I'm having this issue with only one friend where when either of us hosts a party, the joining player gets the error message. In addition we are not able to play any games together (Have tried...
  8. Alpha Skip ahead major problems after update

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip ahead major problems after update: To add onto the post I made yesterday about the Xbox shutting itself off randomly; I am now having issues with the OS it self. Certain actions is causing major instability in my wired connection...
  9. Major bug/problem on my console. Can't log in/add profile.

in XboX Insiders
    Major bug/problem on my console. Can't log in/add profile.: I can't log in or add my profile after rest. I have been in contact with the support and they can't help me. I have in total done reset on the console 4 times with no fix of my problem. The bug...
  10. Major Issue After update August 2nd

in XboX Insiders
    Major Issue After update August 2nd: I updated my console this morning on my Xbox One S. And after it turned all my console audio to a harsh robotic sound almost unbearable. It effects my games, media apps and even dashboard. Any...