Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat"

Discus and support Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having this issue with only one friend where when either of us hosts a party, the joining player gets the error message. In addition we are not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Carter Paulson, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat"

I'm having this issue with only one friend where when either of us hosts a party, the joining player gets the error message. In addition we are not able to play any games together (Have tried Minecraft, GTA, 2K) and all result in a failed connection. I'm
    almost certain the issue is ISP or router related since I'm using a wired connection. This problem has persisted for months and my friend and I are getting desperate to fix the issue.

:)

Carter Paulson, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Carter Paulson Win User

Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat"

Here's what I've tried on my end:

- Resetting the router

- Port forwarding the xbox

- Unplugging the xbox

- Testing the NAT type

- Using a wireless instead of the Ethernet connection.

All of these things have yielded no success in fixing the issue.
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

No we both have the same provider (spectrum), that's why we suspect it's the isp
    Have you called them to see if there is a know problem with there system like a service outage
  4. Carter Paulson Win User

No we both have the same provider (spectrum), that's why we suspect it's the isp
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

I have them as well and never had a problem tbh
Thema:

1. Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat" - Similar Threads - Major live party

2. Found major bug Xbox One looking for reward

in XBoX on Consoles
    Found major bug Xbox One looking for reward: Last year I found a major bug on the Xbox console, live chat couldn't help, they wanted the information for free! This bug is costing Xbox Millions£€$, I know it. Still works, just went into...
  3. I may have solved a major issue

in XboX Insiders
    I may have solved a major issue: A few days ago I posted I was having messaging issues longer than normal, and it seemed like I was the only one. I think I may have found a fix and if this is the actual fix XBOX seriously needs...
  4. Major Graphics Bug after Dash revert

in XboX Insiders
    Major Graphics Bug after Dash revert: Okay hold tight with me, English isn't my first language. I've got a huge visual bug after the Dash revert yesterday evening. After starting up my console i went into Borderlands 3 (which was...
  5. Major Issues with Xbox Live Enforcement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major Issues with Xbox Live Enforcement: I'm here to talk about some serious problems that I've seen recently in how Microsoft uses their enforcement actions against their player base. I've just received my third enforcement action for...
  6. Major Problems with Criteria for Xbox Live Enforcement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major Problems with Criteria for Xbox Live Enforcement: I'm here to talk about some serious problems that I've seen recently in how Microsoft uses their enforcement actions against their player base. I've just received my third enforcement action for...
  7. major mix up with Xbox Live and 2 accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    major mix up with Xbox Live and 2 accounts: I had my Xbox Live account lapse about a year ago. I purchased the Xbox one X Scorpio for Christmas. I activated Xbox Live on the X, but I did not remember my account info. I got the Live...
  8. Major Xbox Live connection issues, with great network speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major Xbox Live connection issues, with great network speeds: So, recently obtained a day one edition Xbox One, the home screen works fine, scrolling through menus works fine, and even connecting to the wireless connection is fine, average detailed network...
  9. Major problem with Account Migration/Xbox Live Subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major problem with Account Migration/Xbox Live Subscription: Hello Guys, Since I the support page doesn't seem to work for me I have to use the forums for my last ressource for help... A bit of back history: I've moved to the US a year ago to represent...
  10. MAJOR NELSON WILL FIX XBOX LIVE!

in XBoX on Consoles
    MAJOR NELSON WILL FIX XBOX LIVE!: I Know Major Nelson would NOT leave his 500k customers in the dark. He wouldn't give them the run around or hang them out to dry either! WHAT GIVES XBOX LIVE! When will this service be...