Make this my home xbox

Discus and support Make this my home xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having an issue with setting my profile as the home xbox on my new series s. When I go to settings>general>personalization>my home xbox the screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RenoJackson1, May 19, 2022.

1. RenoJackson1
    RenoJackson1 Guest

Make this my home xbox

I am having an issue with setting my profile as the home xbox on my new series s. When I go to settings>general>personalization>my home xbox the screen loads for an extremely long time, 6-8 minutes, before the button for Make this my home xbox appears. Once I click the button the load symbol appears again and after 3-5 minutes the Make this my home xbox dechecks itself and its just a continuous cycle with it never registering.

I found an old thread of a similar issue and tried the trouble shooting steps there; like cycling the power for 5 minutes unplugged, Changing my location, Doing a hard reset, Doing a soft factory restore, and doing a hard factory restore. None of these have worked and I'm trying to see if anyone has insite on what I should do.

For more info, I can not make any profile on the xbox a home xbox, and now that this has stated my original xbox one lost home privileges for all accounts on it and are now having the same issue as my series s.

:)

RenoJackson1, May 19, 2022
  2. maxen Win User

Make this my home xbox

That's not how Home Xbox works, and he never had access to your games. Downloading his profile to your Xbox does not give him access to your games on his Xbox.

And deleting his account won't make the game playable by your account; the game is still owned by his account (the licence is attached to his profile), so to play the game he would also need to be logged in on your Xbox while you play.

Changing *your* profile's Home Xbox affects only where the games *you* purchased can be played, it does not allow you to play games that you downloaded using someone else's account.

Here's more information on how the Home Xbox settings actually work:
    news.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-digital-games-and-live-gold
  3. H0PSECUTIONER Win User

Make this my home Xbox

This issue is linked with your account, but I just confirmed by calling into Xbox Support that they can reset the "3 time per year" counter associated with the account.

She deleted my gold subscription in the process, but we eventually got everything worked out and I could then set my Xbox back to "my home Xbox".

Hope this helps!
  4. Smwutches Win User

Make this my home xbox

It's currently a known issue with the feature and Xbox are working on a fix.
  5. H0PSECUTIONER Win User

Make this my home Xbox

FYI, ask that they "manually" reset the counter rather than resetting the whole account.
  6. BinaryXtreme Win User

Make this my home Xbox

Hi. It is actually linked with your account. Wish I could be more help.
Thema:

Make this my home xbox

1. Make this my home xbox - Similar Threads - home

2. Xbox series x doesn't save home wifi password

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x doesn't save home wifi password: Hi guys is it normal for Xbox series x to not save the home wifi password? Whenever i turn on the Xbox i have to reinsert the Wi-Fi password. I'm also having the Xbox on save energy mode. Is that...
  3. Audio popping when going home from game.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio popping when going home from game.: When I am playing a game and Navigate back to home, I get a horrible popping and cracking sound from my sound bar. This only started happening recently. My setup is I have my TV connected to my...
  4. Xbox remote play won’t connect to controller when away from home.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play won’t connect to controller when away from home.: So I’m able to remote play just fine when I’m home but when I try to do it anywhere else I run into the issue of my controller just flashing all day long and not connecting. Any suggestions since...
  5. Mfs2020 on Xbox keep crash to xbox home page

in XboX Insiders
    Mfs2020 on Xbox keep crash to xbox home page: This 'game of the year' Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 still have some bug microsoft really need to fix it.The very important one is GAME CRASH... you know the feeling when you fly a long flight...
  6. Bell Canada Home Hub 4000 Does Not Support XBOX Gaming when Wired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bell Canada Home Hub 4000 Does Not Support XBOX Gaming when Wired: Just switched over to a Bell Fibe 1.5Gbps plan, and have been running into a very weird issue with my Home Hub 4000. When I plug my XBOX into the Home Hub (base configuration) via Ethernet to...
  7. Home xbox being reset but not getting more uses

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home xbox being reset but not getting more uses: All other xboxs that had my profile as home xbox (so we could play together) had my profile removed as home xbox meaning they cant play the games, I didnt recieve any extra uses meaning they cant...
  8. My home xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox: My Xbox account got hacked and I no longer have any more home Xbox switches for the rest of the year and I can’t play my games offline.. can I get some help with that please...
  9. Home switches

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home switches: So I got hacked like 3 times already and I have no more switches I changed my password and removed unknown devices and all I want is for someone to help me reset my home switches. Thanks...
  10. My home Xbox not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home Xbox not working: I’m trying to make my brother’s account my home Xbox and when it is loading up after I check it off, it stops and removes the check. What do I do? 48b80ee9-5fed-40ee-ae8c-de78dcf737a1