Making Friends on Xbox One

Discus and support Making Friends on Xbox One in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; My friend and I wanted to also become friends on Xbox but we don't know if we need Xbox live gold to do so. Also, we aren't sure how to find each other... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Qwertymee123, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Qwertymee123
    Qwertymee123 Guest

My friend and I wanted to also become friends on Xbox but we don't know if we need Xbox live gold to do so. Also, we aren't sure how to find each other to send the friend request. Could anyone help us? Thank you in advance!

:)

Qwertymee123, Nov 26, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Xbox Live Gold is not required. For you to add friends on Xbox Live you must follow the instructions below.

Note Your friends will see you as a follower and will be able to see the info you share with friends, based on your privacy settings.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Under Profile & system, select Choose a profile, select your Gamertag, and then sign in to your account.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide again.

Under People, select Find someone.

Search for a Gamertag. Be sure to pay close attention to the gamertag's spelling and spacing.

Select Add friend to add the person’s Gamertag to your friends list.

Select Friend or Favorite to choose what kind of information you share with that person. You can also select Share my real name to help your friend recognize you.

Select Submit.

You can also select Recently played with People to see the people you've been in multiplayer games with recently.

- You can check this information at the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc...

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Making xbox friends

4. DecafKingRat Win User

Making Friends

5. ncgfuelld Win User

Making Friends

Ok now that I have the switches up an going too I have NO Idea where the Upgrade Holo- tape is or If I even need to do that jus to get this achievement, what is the toaster & biological staions? are they more robots in the sink room?
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

Making friends

[quote user="vG Ghostz"]Geek im looking for friends not a quiz i play for fun so no thanks.[/quote]

I play for fun too - I just want to make sure that the people I play with aren't going to ruin that fun in some way either for myself or others. I strive to make my gaming experience a good 1. If you haven't already done so, read my bio & you'll get a pretty
    good idea of the kind of gamer I am.

[quote user="kuruczpa"]And Geek, while I agree with most of those (they're common sense, but a good idea to post)... that seems like a pretty strict list.... you play with all 23 of your friends at least once a week? What if you're never online when I am
    on and vice versa for a week or two? [/quote]

It's a big list, to be sure, but they're not laws that are set in stone (some are more important than others, however, like cheating for example). My friends don't always play with me 24/7, or even once a week - that's just a suggestion & originally should've
    said: approximately once a week. Besides, what's the point of having someone on your friends list when they're never going to play games with you? I also don't count it against them if I'm offline for an extended period (for whatever reason). If they're offline
    for an extended period, I don't count it against them either so long as I'm informed of their extended absence (again, as a courtesy to me). A good example is if they went on vacation or if their gold subscription ended temporarily. In extreme cases, such
    as in the latter case, I may remove them from my friends list temporarily until their situation is resolved in order to make room for others.

[quote user="vG Ghostz"]Agreed half the games he plays i don't. I rage at black ops 2 but who doesnt and its a free world so if i wanna leave a game then i can i do agree with the terms and conditions the team play and the respect other players. my problem
    is im shy[/quote]

I wouldn't worry about which games I play - I have over 300 of them & am always open for new or different suggestions if you provide them. If there's a game that you want to play that I normally don't, by all means - feel free to ask me if we can play it
    together. It won't hurt my feelings if you do. Again, this is more of a formality than a rule that is set in stone. It keeps things fresh instead of playing the same old-drudgery over & over again & keeps myself & others from getting bored. The same goes for
    other players as well - why add someone who's only ever going to play 1 game that you never do?

Oh, & vG Ghostz - don't be shy. I find that if you take the time to talk to people, learn about them, coordinate in-game with them, & make them laugh, you'll make a lot of friends very quickly & easily. However, if you don't say anything or if you trash-talk
    or are rude & disrespectful to everyone you meet, then you're not going to have very many friends online. Even though you're not face-to-face as if you'd met someone in person, it is still very much a sociable experience. Play with me & some of my friends
    some time & you'll see what kind of positive experiences I'm talking about.
Thema:

1. Making Friends on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Making Friends

2. Friend has an xbox account that got banned for "age restriction" but makes no sense since...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Friend has an xbox account that got banned for "age restriction" but makes no sense since...: Hello, this is a question to know if this is possible since he will probably just abandon his xbox account as he only plays games in steam and such. But I was intrigued on the issue, he had a...
  3. I am trying to gameshare with my friend but it will not let us make an xbox a home xbox on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to gameshare with my friend but it will not let us make an xbox a home xbox on...: I am trying to gameshare with my friend but it says unable to save changes. How do I fix it? 64e8ae8e-08c4-4440-857e-8b7f648b9eb5
  4. Wired controller is making my microphone quiet for my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired controller is making my microphone quiet for my friends: I am using a fusion A enchanced wired controller with a wireless mic and the microphone is very quiet from my friends I've turned my volume up mic monitoring up nothing is working please help Sam...
  5. Two.xboxes carnt make friends request work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two.xboxes carnt make friends request work: Hi i have twoxboxes different locations different. Wifi different. Email.. When on fortnite we cant do a friends. Request. We dont have more than 6 other friends I have reset both consoles the...
  6. Making xbox friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Making xbox friends: Hi I'm and looking for new friends to play and chat with on Xbox one I like Red dead 2 online Neverwinter Mass Effect 1,2,3 Skyrim GTA5 dragon age Origins + many more Many thanks Hopefully...
  7. Is there a Way to Make it so That Your Friend can no longer send you Xbox Live Gifts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a Way to Make it so That Your Friend can no longer send you Xbox Live Gifts?: I know it's a weird question, but hear me out. I have a friend that's a very caring and giving person. It is one of his best, and at times worst qualities. I know he can afford it, but at the...
  8. my xbox one s can't open games properly and viewing the friends list makes everything bug out

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one s can't open games properly and viewing the friends list makes everything bug out: basically my xbox one s some days ago started bugging out by not loading the friends list properly and making me unable to join games (unless invited) and unable to start/join parties and see my...
  9. How to allow son to make and accept friends requests Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to allow son to make and accept friends requests Xbox one: Hi could anyone help, i am an xbox newbie, how do i give permission for my son to accept and make friends request. At the minute my settings dont allow it. I can find anyway of adjusting them....
  10. Who loves to make friends?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Who loves to make friends?: I make a lot of friends in online games, the xbox community is amazing. dc170f72-ff67-4524-ba07-a9f999b3087a