Making Unused Xbox Gamertag Available

Discus and support Making Unused Xbox Gamertag Available in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've wanted to change my gamertag to my old one from years ago, but never really tried to. My first gamertag had an Xbox Live Silver (and sometimes... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WigglyBiggly, May 29, 2019.

1. WigglyBiggly
    WigglyBiggly Guest

I've wanted to change my gamertag to my old one from years ago, but never really tried to.

My first gamertag had an Xbox Live Silver (and sometimes Gold) subscription at the time, so the account was not completely offline.

Is there any way I could possibly delete this old account to gain access to my old gamertag?

Just for context, I got a completely new profile (including a new email) when I got an Xbox One several years ago and I don't remember the details from my old account.

:)

WigglyBiggly, May 29, 2019
  2. InoportunoG Win User

Log into your old account, create another random Gamertag in it, will be available for use again.

Or wait 5 years, I think it's the waiting time for a Gamertag to be released.
  3. luissolid Win User

You will need to wait that the gamertag that you want to use it's available. For that the gamertag don't need to login to in 5 years. After that the gamertag will be available!
  4. 10fa9d3e-0644-4edd-b Win User

The only way for you to get this Gamertag is to Sign in a possible change the name or Delete the account. Sadly the new free up of Gamertags won't be until 2021 of September. so if you haven't been active on that account since then you are due for a reset
    pretty soon bud just keep hope.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

To add to what Smwutches said if you remember the email and not the password for the account you can try and reset the password for the account by going to account.live.com/acsr and filling out the form there and trying to recover the account if you do
    get the password reset on the account that has the gamer tag attached to it then you would have to change the gamertag for that account to free up that gamertag then you would have to go into your current account that you want the gamertag on and change it
    to the gamertag that you just freed up.
  6. Aleks Shepard Win User

try to sign in and when it prompts you for the password check for the "forgot password" tab.
Thema:

1. Making Unused Xbox Gamertag Available - Similar Threads - Making Unused Gamertag

2. Terrible customer service - Update to Good customer service once you can make a claim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Terrible customer service - Update to Good customer service once you can make a claim: As usual the 3.5mm jack for the headset keeps going out on the xbox [Mod Removed] poor controllers. Even my Elite stopped working at 5 months. Conveniently just past the warranty period. Just...
  3. My billing account is blocked and I can’t make a purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    My billing account is blocked and I can’t make a purchase: I am trying to buy xbox live on my 360, and when i got to confirm, i click it and it says my billing account is locked. I got the status code 80153021. What do i do?...
  4. Please make a Remaster of Lost Odyssey for PC and Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Please make a Remaster of Lost Odyssey for PC and Xbox one: I was doing research to see who owns the rights to Lost Odyssey and figured out it was Microsoft. I hope you guys will make a remaster for this especially for PC because this was a really good...
  5. Getting this firmware message after streaming test. Checked to make sure controller was up...

in XboX Insiders
    Getting this firmware message after streaming test. Checked to make sure controller was up...: [IMG] submitted by /u/BOTZ3R0 [link] [comments]
  6. problems with making a purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    problems with making a purchase: for the past 2 weeks i have had issues making purchases from my xbox and microsoft store using direct mobile payment. i have had very little help from online chat and telephone support. i have...
  7. Xbox One Power Brick making a revivng noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power Brick making a revivng noise: Can anyone help me and explain why now my Xbox One power brick is making a revving up noise on and off every time I turn it on? bd2e2c4e-468a-44af-ab6d-56d92af62d02
  8. I just wanted to make a quick post and say thank you for inviting me info Alpha Skip Ahead!

in XboX Insiders
    I just wanted to make a quick post and say thank you for inviting me info Alpha Skip Ahead!: Title. I just wanted to say thank you for inviting me and congrats to everyone else who got in too. I'm very excited to see where we can take the platform form next in the future! submitted by...
  9. This bug makes the Xbox unusable

in XBoX on Consoles
    This bug makes the Xbox unusable: So here is what happened. I was watching twitch user chadthedude and I was done watching and decided to broadcast overwatch. I clicked broadcast and it did not work then I pressed the Xbox button...
  10. Trying to claim unused Gamertag but says taken. (Support suggested making thread)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to claim unused Gamertag but says taken. (Support suggested making thread): As the title states, I'm trying to get a tag that was released during the recycle but it still says taken. If you search for it, it says page not found or if searched from the friend page it says...