Malicious Software through infected websites on Xbox One?

Discus and support Malicious Software through infected websites on Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I wonder if you can get malicious software on Xbox One while browsing with Micrososft Edge? Sometimes I visit some websites that may be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jericho2099, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Jericho2099
    Jericho2099 Guest

Hello,

I wonder if you can get malicious software on Xbox One while browsing with Micrososft Edge? Sometimes I visit some websites that may be infected or unsecure. Probably like many people do.

Yesterday I started Edge and while it synchronized the app data, I left the room. When I came back the Console showed the Xbox starting site, no profile signed in and no internet connection. I had to restart the Console to be able to sign in with my profile
    again.

Maybe thats some kind of Malware or something? Or is it completely secure to surf on any website on Xbox One?

(I apologize if my english isnt that good.)

:)

Jericho2099, Oct 22, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Jericho

As stated by XBF Javier R, it is unlikely that you will receive any malware by using the console to navigate the web, however, if you security
    encryption or configuration on your network is not up-to-par, you can still potentially lose personal data to certain sites, so it is still recommend to be careful when navigating such said sites.

As there is no further information that we can provide to you on this matter, and in an effort to prevent any such repetitive answers, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns, that vary from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
  3. luissolid Win User

You can go and check any website, but its recommend to avoid any website that have any type of risk to your console and your info.

Regards!
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Jericho,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns malicious websites on Xbox One.

While it isn't possible to obtain a virus to your Xbox One console through malicious websites, said websites do pose a security risk for your account or any account information and as such it is recommend not to browse these sites for your protection.

This is only a recommendation, but we hope that this was informative and we wish you the best!
  5. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Better safe than sorry, anyway.
  6. x EeMBe x Win User

I dont think it is possible as most websites are targeting PCs and i know of no virus or similiar for xboxes. Also the console is strictly separating the OS, Apps and Games into three secure segments that barely interact with eachother.
Thema:

1. Malicious Software through infected websites on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - Malicious Software through

2. 苹果商店显示未购买该软件,Minecraft无法升级以及链接商店 [Edit - Translation] - Apple Store shows that the software...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    苹果商店显示未购买该软件,Minecraft无法升级以及链接商店 [Edit - Translation] - Apple Store shows that the software...: 大概是15、16年购买的Minecraft,最近发现 法登陆Minecraft商店,以为是没更新,但是在苹果商店点击更新却显示下架。想评论显示未购买。如何解决? [Edit - Translation] - It was probably Minecraft purchased in 15 or 16 years. Recently I found that I couldn't log...
  3. Obscure question about software licencing or modding or something in the enforcement case...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Obscure question about software licencing or modding or something in the enforcement case...: So I'm trying to get a case review going for a week long communication restriction i got hit with the other day and i keep messing up the questionnaire when it gets to some rules about modding...
  4. Malicious user report got me banned from vc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Malicious user report got me banned from vc: So I was playing DBD and a player sends a message after the game telling me that what I did was against the rules and that he, and I quote, "would buy me some rope and i could jump from his...
  5. Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC: Got the new controller. Absolutely love it. The hardware is great. Great improvements over the first one. Which i also owned. The software (called Xbox Accessories app) is great on the Xbox. On...
  6. Xbox Live Performance Issues Potentially Related to Malicious Attacks

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox Live Performance Issues Potentially Related to Malicious Attacks: Xbox Live Performance Issues Potentially Related to Malicious Attacks I don't think people trying to access your account would affect performance. I've checked and always have people from Asian...
  7. Microsoft account appears maliciously 'claimed' as someone else's child.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account appears maliciously 'claimed' as someone else's child.: Early this year it came to my attention that my MS account was being claimed as a child in an unfamiliar 'family'. I received some help for my issue in June of this year (fixed the age listed on...
  8. My LIVE ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED-Malicious Complaint KAMIDOG MaxTax183538823

in XBoX on Consoles
    My LIVE ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED-Malicious Complaint KAMIDOG MaxTax183538823: My son's LIVE account was suspended while he was in school. How do you prevent someone from filing a malicious complaint. This has happened twice in a few days one on 1/7/2018 and again today...
  9. Microsoft Edge - Malicious pop up I can't get rid off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Edge - Malicious pop up I can't get rid off: I'm fairly new to MS Edge and have difficulty navigating round it - so please bear this in mind if you can offer help/advise. 1) How to close MS Edge? 2) Can I install it? 3) Every time it...
  10. Malicious Hackers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Malicious Hackers: Is there a way to include a message when you file a complaint about a certain player? I was playing Battlefield 3 yesterday in a Noshalr Canals Team Deathmatch server. One of the rules clearly...