Many (but not all) Games with Gold titles not launching

Discus and support Many (but not all) Games with Gold titles not launching in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Many, but not all of our Games with Gold titles are not working. When we launch them we are given the 0x803F8001 error. Most of the titles that do work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ColuAlan, Sep 3, 2019.

1. ColuAlan
    ColuAlan Guest

Many, but not all of our Games with Gold titles are not working. When we launch them we are given the 0x803F8001 error. Most of the titles that do work are the more recent downloads, but some are from several years ago when we first got the membership.
    I have checked our XBox live status and it is good through February of 2020. We have tried a hard restart but that did not work.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated Many (but not all) Games with Gold titles not launching :)

:)

ColuAlan, Sep 3, 2019
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi ColuAlan,

Thanks for the update. Have you checked your
    Order History
    ? Checking your order history can help verify the account you are using is the same account you purchased the game off of. If the games do not appear here, try signing into other Microsoft accounts you may have.

Please let us know your results.
  3. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Try clearing the cache, removing your account from the console, and logging in again.
  4. ColuAlan Win User

Problem is the store doesnt think we own the games so we would have to pay for them all again. Also some of the games aren’t even in the store anymore.
  5. ColuAlan Win User

Unfortunately we already tried this for each of the 3 accounts on the XBox. These are the only accounts that would have ever installed a game. We all get the same error code. I think something deeper is going on, the list of games on the XBox live site
    is far from complete, but only those listed there from Games with Gold are launching.
  6. Fos Win User

Check if those games were installed by another account. You may need them to sign in to be able to play again.

Solution 3 from Error 0x803F8001 occurs when you launch an Xbox One game:

If the game or app was installed digitally (without a disc) by someone else, have that person sign in to Xbox Live.

Tip If the game owner chooses a specific Xbox as their home Xbox, anyone who uses that Xbox may use installed games and apps, even when the person who installed them isn’t signed in.
Thema:

1. Many (but not all) Games with Gold titles not launching - Similar Threads - Many Games Gold

2. When playing a game leaving game pass, it should tell you how many days are left.

in XboX Insiders
    When playing a game leaving game pass, it should tell you how many days are left.: Just experienced a game leaving gamepass. I thought I had until the end of the month, but apparently it left gamepass on the 15th. I don't know what I would've done had I known the date, but I...
  3. Many of my Xbox 360 game downloads are showing up as content not available, WHAT GIVES?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Many of my Xbox 360 game downloads are showing up as content not available, WHAT GIVES?: Many of my Xbox 360 game downloads are showing up as content not available. The game Driver San Francisco shows up as I can purchase -1 makes no sense I purchased it before I paid for the game...
  4. After Beta ring update on 6/30 many of my games lost the picture for their game tile.

in XboX Insiders
    After Beta ring update on 6/30 many of my games lost the picture for their game tile.: After the 6/30 beta ring update several of my games lost their picture tile and have become blank blue tiles. Redownloading fixed a few, some never came back. Has anybody seen this or have a fix...
  5. Can't launch many games on Xbox for Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't launch many games on Xbox for Windows 10: Hello, I've tried a few games, some of them works, but when I try to launch Guacamelee 2 or EVERSPACE, the game crashes immediately. I've already tried to reboot and to search for log files in...
  6. How many games and Consoles do you think you Own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many games and Consoles do you think you Own?: i have 3 consoles a xbox one x xbox one s ps4 and over 100 games a687a0a1-297d-43dd-812d-3efd5840dd38
  7. How many years have you been gaming and which console did you start on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many years have you been gaming and which console did you start on?: I've been playing since mid to late 80's. My first "console" was the commedore 64. I have been a avid fan of Microsoft for many many years tho and have had a solid subscription to xbox live and...
  8. Same as many!! I can't download free gold X360 games on my Xone (Dirt3)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Same as many!! I can't download free gold X360 games on my Xone (Dirt3): I have gold subscription till 2017, I was very interested with the backward compatibility for the free X360 games as announced 2 weeks ago. I didn't have X360, only the Xone is my first purchase...
  9. Many purchased 'gold' games have disappeared!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Many purchased 'gold' games have disappeared!: Hello everyone, i am a Live Gold user, . Many purchased 'gold' games have disappeared! A few weeks ago I had about 100 live gold 'ready for installation' games. Now I have about 60 on my Xbox...
  10. 3 xbox ones - 5 in the family - how many gold and copies of games do I need?

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 xbox ones - 5 in the family - how many gold and copies of games do I need?: So I just bought a 3rd xbox one for the house. I have 4 kids plus me who play xbox. How many gold live accounts do I need and how many copies of a game do I need? I probably know the answer which...